All reviews easy access two nights supermarket bedroom canal luggage
Reviewed January 3, 2018

It's a bit tricky to find this hostel the first time, down a narrow laneway, but it's right off a main, touristy street, so it's very safe. Once you know where it is, you'll have no trouble finding it again later. It looks right out over the water and the views are incredible. One night a cruise ship sailed past the window, and it was so enormous that it felt like it was the hostel that was moving!

The room was spacious and bright, no bunk beds, huge nightstands with a reading lamp on top and a locker inside. The room was warm, despite chilly temperatures outside. There is a small vanity with a great big mirror, right next to the window, perfect for doing hair and makeup. I felt so relaxed and happy in this room.

Bathrooms are shared between the rooms, but they are individual (no cubicles) so they are private. They're very nice, well-decorated, clean. Showers are good. There's one on each floor, so I rarely had to wait. If one was occupied, the other was free.

There's no lift, but the staff helped me get my giant suitcase upstairs, which I appreciated. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly in general.

The kitchen is tiny, but very clean and well-organized. When I was there, almost nobody else was using it--they all must have eaten out or eaten later in the evening--so I usually had it to myself. There was always a clean, fresh sponge at the sink--full marks for hygiene!

The only real drawback is that there is no laundry at this hostel, and no reasonably priced laundromats anywhere nearby. Make sure all your clothes are clean when you get here! I was down to one pair of clean underwear when I arrived, and ended up having to handwash some in the sink! Ugh :( But with a little bit of planning ahead, you can overcome that, and don't let it deter you from staying in this absolutely gorgeous hostel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Great quiet place to stay, adventureous first time to approach it in dark , pls take checking in time seriously and make sure all your phone is charged just in case for fatalities ;)
However you will be rewarded back instantly once you enter this place how nice and peaceful it is and what a lovely couple running it.
it is not crowded,clean,great spacious bedrooms with great view, no bunk beds yay, have handy lockers and great that you can cook etc in the kitchen (supermarket super close) and have handy to be recycled toiletries. Worth to pay extra if u wish to have a good good sleep after wandering around the canals ;)

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at the Silk Road Hostel. The staff is really friendly and helpful! The room was huges and fitted with 4 normal beds. It is not in the center of Venice, but everything is within walking distance. There is also a cool place to go near the hostel to have drinks. I would love to come back!
Cheers! Lena

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent two nights here. He hates hostels but because of our budget we were forced to stay in them all over Italy. This one he said was the most comfortable. Although we did have two other people in our room. The room was big and spacious (4 single beds). Lotttts of dresser space and places to hang up clothing. The lockers were provided with a key! There were two large windows which allowed for great airflow and the room never smelt. The bathroom was great! Not fancy but new and super clean! It's the only shower in Europe where I felt it was safe not to wear sandals in! Great amount of hot water and water pressure. Again there was a huge window in the bathroom so lots of air flow and it never smelt like hot shower. The staff were extremely welcoming and informative. Breakfast was included which included toast, cheese packages, cereal, pastries, jam and juice. I often missed breakfast though and the kitchen is then locked. They allow you to keep your bags in their office until 3pm even after you have checked out! Which was so helpful and amazing. The location is only a 20 min walk from the train station. I would suggest bringing a backpack and not a suitcase as there are so many bridges. There is also a grocery store a few doors down and the view from this hostel was really nice, right on the water! I would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank Katie H
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Not the best hostel I have stayed in. You need to take a water taxi to get here or you can walk for over a hour through the city. It doesn't really have a hostel feel. I stayed in a four bed dorm which was spacious and clean. The kitchen is rather small and closed during the day. It appears that this place used to be owned or run by others as there were a lot of thank you cards on the wall. I wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2016