Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
C$224
Meander572781

Staff fabulous and hotel clean but needs improvement

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 18, 2024
The hotel is clean and the staff fantastic. However the facilities were not so great. The hotel advertised air con but when we got there they told us they only use it in the summer months and suggested we open a window. We did this but the room attracted mosquitoes and we were bit numerous times. We also asked for a fan but were told that there were none available.
The hotel bar was only open weekends, this again was not advertised.
We had booked a deluxe room but felt that it was not what we would expect from a 4* deluxe. The room was small with a portable TV. The bathroom was large but only a bath and no shower, we queried this and were advised the wash ourselves using the shower hose attached to the bath taps, whilst standing in the bath.
As I said earlier the staff are excellent and the hotel is clean. A few alterations to the facilities and I would return.
Date of stay: April 2024
    C$260
1.3 km from Liassidi Palace Hotel
View more hotels in Venice
1,293 results
All reviews courtyard bar water taxi st marks square lovely hotel overlooking the canal minute walk the ground floor breakfast room the main hotel pastries quiet area rialto bridge taxis dock tourist minibar euro
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2024 via mobile

Our room was very grand overlooking the canal. The size of the room is huge with such high ceilings. Nicely decorated and comfortable. Personally I would rather the spa be removed and replaced with a nice shower. Also update the old style hair dryer. The staff were all lovely and friendly. Breakfast was good looking out onto the canal.

Room tip: They have a private hotel jetty. Will boat you to Murano for a glass blowing factory tour.
Reviewed March 28, 2024

Spent two nights here in March. Location is excellent, 5 minutes walk to St Marks Square and a similar distance from the stop of the water bus from the Airport. Stayed in the annexe so didn't feel like we were staying in a hotel...that has its pros and cons. Room was OK (expected more from a 4 star hotel) and the staff were friendly. WiFi stopped working for halfway through our stay which was unfortunate.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2024 via mobile

If I wanted an air bnb I would have booked one! I’m used to Venice, hotels and annexes since I’ve been coming to Venice for 40 years.

Unreal. I had to open up three different keys in the hallway in the alleyway and my door as a New Yorker. I think I would’ve been killed by now the room was nice. Several years ago it shows where and tear and the bed is cheap backbreaking the shower leaks over the floor. The door is broken and I have a feeling since the entire neighborhood is boarded up second level above that they really don’t care I emailed them a few weeks ago and never got a response and now I know why, it is sad has come to the state where hotels don’t care. I literally can hear someone coughing in another room and I heard the restaurant below and it’s just not worth the money end of story it said two star not a four star

Room tip: Tip is do not stay here
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2024

Great hotel loved the mirrored ceiling and service very good great location would definitely return to this hotel hopefully with the mirrors again and we loved it all
Service on reception from all staff was excellent throughout biscuits on coffee tray would be nice

Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed November 10, 2023 via mobile

Got a lovely junior suite with our own balcony overlooking the canal. That was priceless. The Hotel was central to all our activities. Friendliest staff so far on our trip. Breakfast was also amongst the best. Would happily recommend this Hotel to tourists visiting Venice.

Date of stay: November 2023