All reviews complimentary bottle of prosecco water taxi beautiful hotel private garden strada nuova tucked away pastries vaporetto stop grand canal train station old palace antique furniture minute walk boiled eggs quiet canal rialto bridge stay in venice
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I researched hotels in Venice for weeks and chose the Abadessa to begin our Cruise in October.
From the moment we arrived we were treated like the royalty who lived in this beautiful, historic place in1540.
Our rooms were incredible, like something out of a Bond movie. I can't say enough about our experience. We wanted to start our trip in a very special place and we could not have done better. Being treated to a glass of house wine out in the courtyard after a busy day was a perfect way to begin a wonderful evening. The morning coffee served in your own personal pitcher with steamed milk was a perfect way to start our day. It was the most wonderful coffee we had on our trip.
You will not go wrong with this hotel. it is located in a very convenient area. We also very much appreciated the fact that the hotel is located on a canal and our water taxi pulled directly to the back door. We pulled the exterior bell rope and the staff opened the door and assisted with our luggage. We really appreciated this when we saw other travelers hauling luggage all over town, up and down steps and across bridges.
If you want the feel of a perfect authenic experience in Venice this is your place. The staff is wonderful. Enjoy!!!!

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Gail D
Reviewed November 16, 2012

charming palazzo with very atmospheric but well maintained rooms, in a charming situation, only a short walk to everywhere.

Lovely breakfast and Darwin the host is as helpful as the other reviews say. You'd be a fool to stay elsewhere.

Room tip: Stayed in both a suite and a classic room. If you don't want to overspend.... the Classic rooms are very lovely and a reasonable size.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tooraktraveller
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great place, location and staff. Room was beautiful- proper palatial. Easy to find and close to everything. The breakfast was excellent (and I'm Gluten intolerant- not easy to be in Italy!). Stay here for a true romantic experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JenLondon_UK
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and can't fault it. The rooms are fantastic and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was huge with double hand basins. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location is just off the main street and a couple of minutes walk from the Ca d'oro water taxi stop. It's about 20 mins walk to St Marks Square. Breakfast is the usual continental selection but the quality of the food was better than other hotels we have stayed at in Italy of the same star rating. If you hear a bit of yelling from the street, don't be alarmed, it's probably just kids playing ball games in the indoor court next door. When I first heard it, I thought it was people arguing in the street but I later found out it was an indoor sports area. I only heard the noise on one of the nights we stayed, so it's not a nightly occurance. There's no elevator, so if you have problems with stairs, ask for a room on the ground floor. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again if I return to Venice.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank cargo999
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My sister and I stay here as often as we can. We love every minute . . . Entering the walled garden and into the sumptious interior, with it's silk lined walls, oil paintings, Murano glass chandleiers, amazing floors and hand painted glorious ceilings. The air smells of flowers, light venetian music is playing - books, magasines and newspapers are there for you to rest and relax.
All is provided by the staff and management to make you feel very special and welcome each time you appear.
Fundementa Nova - ( the waterbus stop from the airport ) is 5 mins walk away.
The Grand Canal is 2 minutes walk away and yet you can hear nothing at night - it is so peaceful.
The breakfast is The Best as well - a huge, fresh selection - and all beautifully presented.
I cannot say enough about this special piece of Venice heaven.
I always feel very lucky to be able to be there and sad to leave.

Room tip: I have stayed in lots of the rooms and they are all stunning, perfectly lovely, beautifully decorated, clean, quiet and very, very comfortable.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business