“Lovely time”

Hotel Palazzo Abadessa
Ranked #18 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel three nights.
The hotel is very charming and has a soul of its own.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was very good.
Location was good as it was a bit removed from big tourist areas.
We were aware of the previous reviews regarding thefts.
We did not see anything that would cause us any concerns. We used the safe in the room. And we saw staff at night. We felt safe.
I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bertmal77

Reviewed 29 October 2017

My husband and I stayed in the Hotel Palazzo Abadessa for 2 nights in mid October and found the hotel and the location perfect for our stay. The location is close to everything you want to do in Venice, but far enough away from the day-tripping masses to feel authentic. We truly felt we were guests in an elegant historic home - rather than just another tourist. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very impressive with lots of space, elegant one of a kind furnishings, amazing ceiling fresco, comfortable bed and large windows overlooking the canal that you could open and enjoy the true feel of Venice. There were generous common spaces to enjoy, including an amazing courtyard. I highly recommend this one of a kind hotel. Thank you all for our amazing stay.

2  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I wanted to post about my recent stay at Palazzo Abadessa, and before doing so I read the recent comments and especially the one of the couple being robbed at the hotel. I can concur that the doors of the hotel were left unlocked all night during my stay. While I was lucky enough not to get robbed, I noticed it and it most definitely made me nervous. I also noticed that there was no attendant at the front desk in the evenings. I was used to leaving my room key with the staff after my stay in Greece, but there was always someone there to greet me upon my return. I found the hotel to be mediocre at best, and I am just very thankful that I was not robbed of all of my belongings.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank barbarabiggs2017
Simone R, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Abadessa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

In the Hotel there are 11 closed-circuit cameras recording, so we know what is happening in common areas and around the hotel, these cameras are kept under control by the night Manager. After a certain time the 2 main doors will be close and will kept close until somebody will ring the doorbell. When entering the premises and before arriving at the reception desk, customers will pass through 3 closed-circuit cameras, the Night Manager has the duty and control before giving the keys to recognized guests. I assure you that no one else could take your key. Guest security is a priority for us; that’s why such matters never occurred before.
And we think This review is false as it does not appear among the guests who have stayed in our Hotel.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

15 room hotel in a 16th century building. Friendly staff, very nice Italian breakfast and tea. Our room was clean with a large bathroom. New fixtures. Loved how the fabrics all matched in the bedroom. Complimentary safe and chilled sparkling wine. 15 minute walk to the train station, 5 minute walk from the Ca D'oro vaporetto stop. Romantic hotel for our anniversary vacation. There is a water gate if you choose a private water taxi arrival.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank calesmom2005
Reviewed 22 October 2017

This was an amazing hotel with a private courtyard (as in grass, a hot commodity in Venice), in that it was once the home of one of the Doges of Venice. The family that owns the hotel has a made a true effort to ensure that hotel is furnished and decorated with period time pieces and artwork. We made a point of learning about the hotels' history and exploring the public areas within the hotel as much as we could. The hotel has it's own private dock, and we took a water taxi from the train station to the hotel when we arrived. Truthfully, this was a little pricey, but navigating the water buses and streets of Venice would have been a little much at that point - AND I loved the experience of arriving at our hotel in Venice this way. When we left we walked the "block" to the public bus station and took a quick jaunt back to the train station. The staff here was friendly, the breakfast was plentiful and the free bottle of Prosecco was a nice touch. The hotel also serves a tea every day, and hosts a complimentary happy hour on Saturday afternoon. They were super helpful in recommending restaurants and getting reservations, and made a point of asking us to visit them again on our next return to Venice.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, from what we saw.
2  Thank SaraRWD
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Not far from the vaparetto or water taxi station, this hotel is conveniently located in a quiet, and peaceful part of town. A few steps in one direction and you are on the busy avenue in Carnareggio and a few steps in the other direction you are on quiet narrow streets with charming canals and restaurants frequented by locals.

The hotel itself is well maintained and the staff is friendly, helpful and attentive.

There is a full breakfast and a lush garden that was lovely to sit in.

If it looks far from St. Marks on a map, don't be concerned. Nothing in Venice is very far.

Room Tip: we had a superior room with garden view
1  Thank zandl
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We wanted a hotel off the main Rialto and with a quiet opulence for our two night stay in Venice. This gem of a hotel ticked every box. Our first night was in room 16, a magnificent room overlooking the quiet gardens, with two double sofas to enjoy the free bottle of prosecco we were given. The manager then informed us we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite for our second night, room 24? The inconvenience of moving soon faded into insignificance when we saw the luxurious and amazing room. High ceilings with a magnificent fresco, opulent chandeliers in the bedroom and bathroom. Sheer luxury!!. Overlooking a quiet canal we experienced Venice without the mad hustle and bustle of the Grand Canal. We would recommend this holiday unequivocally!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple