All reviews peggy guggenheim eggs and bacon nespresso machine accademia bridge water taxi great boutique dorsoduro area the main hotel tucked away breakfast was delicious perfect location restaurant reservations bottle of prosecco small canal minute walk fresh fruit single room
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Our first visit to Venice. The location is perfect, Dorsoduro is the best area to stay in, it's quieter but gorgeous. Hotel is small but perfectly formed. It's very stylish, clean and hidden away. The staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. Our room over looked the Guggenheim grounds and had a tiny balcony. Room was lovely. Comfy bed, coffee machine and great breakfast. Tiny corner pub nearby great for last drink!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
DD724, Proprietario at Charming House DD724, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Dear guest,
thank you for your kind review. We are really glad that you enjoyed the location of the Charming House DD724, our friendly and helpful staff and all the other great features that distinguish us.
We hope to welcome you again!
Best regards

Reviewed October 15, 2017

My husband and I spent 4 nights at Charming House in mid-September and we had a lovely stay.

Transportation to the hotel: If you are coming from the train station, go to the water taxi stand and take a water taxi. We ended up having a porter walk our luggage all the way there, which was a decent trek, especially for the guy hauling the luggage on the cart. We intended to take a water taxi and got in the line, then the gentleman managing the taxis read the address and told us we should walk and that it wasn't far, well...I think he read it wrong or we have different understandings of far. Long story short, take a water taxi.

The day of our departure, we had an extremely early flight, 6:15am. The front desk woman organized a water taxi for us the night before. That morning, the gentleman at the front desk brought us up two cappuccinos (which was so thoughtful and much needed) carried our luggage down from the room all the way to the water taxi. Top notch service!!!

Upon arriving to the hotel, we were greeted by a friendly woman at the front desk. She spent a lot of time with us, giving us restaurant recommendations and showing us where to go. It was a lovely introduction to Venice and really showed that the hotel and staff care about their guests.

Location: The location of this hotel is fantastic. It is located in the 'art district' and really feels like a neighborhood, as opposed to the crazy touristy areas near the Rialto bridge or the shopping district. It is a 15 minute walk to some of the main squares and the opera theatre. Don't me wrong, there is plenty to do right out the front steps of the hotel, restaurants, shopping, nightlife...it is just much less touristy and overall a little more quiet, which was lovely.

Room: We reserved a junior suite; it was a spacious room with two large windows. The room itself was very well appointed and had everything we needed. I also loved that it has two closets, as we each had our own. The bathroom was not large, but the shower had great water pressure. There is an in-room coffee machine and mini-bar. The feel of the hotel is very modern.

Breakfast: Breakfast was delicious, eggs, bacon, and cappuccino made to order each morning.

Overall, it is a beautiful hotel in a great location, with excellent staff. Would highly recommend! Thank you Charming House for a fantastic 4 night stay in Venice!

Room Tip: Book a junior suite
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kari M
DD724, Proprietario at Charming House DD724, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear guest,
thank you for your kind review. We are really glad that you enjoyed the personalized service our staff dedicate to all our guests as well as the fantastic location, cosy rooms and delicious breakfast .
Hope to welcome you again!
best regards

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Ok, so it's Venice - nuh-thing is cheap! When looked at in that context, I think Charming House is pricey for what you get but acceptable.
The weird, unexpected twist (very mixed feelings on this one):
- I guess the true measure of an establishment isn't necessarily what they do when things go as expected but, rather, how they respond when things don't. We were first in the annex (which is quite separate and I didn't realize when I booked, my bad) and all was fine until we tried to leave and someone had literally locked us in. As in, we could not exit the building. Which should NEVER even be possible. Unfortunately for me, I once barely survived a fire incident where I was trapped and being locked in anywhere is my worst nightmare. Talk about triggering prior horror and panic. To her enormous credit, Silvia moved us to DD724 (a small room the first night, then a larger one for the following two nights). She was gracious and sweet and I very much appreciate her response.
The positives:
- really good service.
- such a nice and quiet location, away from the hordes of San Marco (a short, beautiful walk) with nice eating options and right beside the Peggy Guggenheim.
- nice breakfast with a lovely woman who serves you.
The mild negatives:
- the rooms (since we were in three of them in all!) are a little bit dark and tired.
- breakfast doesn't start until 8:30am
Definitely recommend DD724, just not the annex.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
DD724, Proprietario at Charming House DD724, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear Mrs Megan,
thank you for your review.
We are happy to know that you loved the fantastic location of Charming House DD724, away from the crowd, nice breakfast and our staff ,who is always ready to solve any kind of problem quickly and effectively . As in the episode described by you , Silvia came immediately to open the door, moving you in another room in the main building. We just wanted to point out that the main door's key was given to you on arrival with other keys. You probably did not use it because usually the main door opens with a button but that time it was locked by key by some other guests.
In any case, thank you for your opinion and we hope to welcome you back again in one of our Charming Houses in the near future.
Best regards,
C.B

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

When I arrived, the staff told me they helped me to upgrade my room in order to stay more comfortable. That was a great pleasure and the staff who helped me check-in told me some information for visiting Venice. The bed was very comfort and the room was really really fantastic and huge enough. The breakfast was stunning and delicious. The overall environment was very quiet as well. The location is good, the main visiting point only about 15 minutes walk, really easy to reach. That is the best hotel I have stayed in recent years. and I am sure if I come back I will still choose charing House DD724 to stay. Thank you so much and hope to see you soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Erick
we would like to thank you for your nice words spent to describe your stay in the Charming House DD724 We are glad that you liked the comfortable room, the delicious breakfast and good location.
Hoping to see you very soon
Best regards

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I stayed here with my boyfriend this past June for his first trip to Venice. The location was perfect. When in Venice with my family I had previously stayed at the Aman, but this trip was on an entirely different price point. The hotel was perfect for us. I had studied for a summer in Venice, so I was quite familiar with the Vaporetto lines, and being so close to Salute and Accademia was amazing. The location was pleasantly quiet, yet within walking distance of everything—truly ideal! Our room was wonderful; we chose the 'Charming' room and I was impressed with how spacious, modern, and clean it was. It definitely felt luxurious and had a lovely view of the canal, while still feeling quite private. Even the little things like the homey breakfast set up and the super-fast wifi were on point. The staff gave us a helpful map and great restaurant recommendations including Ristoteca Oniga and a pizza place called OKE right on the water facing Giudecca. I would definitely recommend charming house for a quality boutique hotel experience!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Helen,
thank you for your kind review. We are so glad that you appreciated the style of our rooms, as well as the homey breakfast, strategic location and attentive staff.
Hoping to welcome you back
best regards