“Loved! ”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We went to Cantinone Storico for dinner. It was located next to a quiet canal with an indoor modern ambiance plus outdoor seating. The owner Victor Iskandar greeted us graciously and tended to us throughout the meal with great professionalism and friendly manner. We loved everything we ate. The fish was fresh and delicious and all dishes were presented with generous portions. We highly recommend this restaurant in the Dorsoduro area. Pricing was very reasonable, especially for us New Yorkers. Maybe Victor will open a place in New York one day? We would be regulars! Thank you Victor.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 31, 2018

Third group to be seated for dinner and as we were hungry decided to keep things simple by ordering pasta, spaghetti alla vongole. Twenty minutes roll by and nothing has been produced. When the food does arrive it's very good but I made a comment to the waiter that pasta cooks in 10 minutes so what was the chef doing for the other 15? He departs and returns with the box of pasta and points to the 12 minutes recommended cooking time listed on the back. I retorted that's not al dente and while glancing at my wry smile he turned on his heels and headed back to the kitchen no doubt to lay blame on some other member of staff. Well, that's a first!

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

We had lasagne and gnocchi as well as a salad to share, as well as drinks, for lunch. Staff seemed a little cold. Seemed as if we hadn't ordered enough for their liking. Food was really tasty but typically expensive bill by venice standards

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

I am writing this review from the restaurant having just finished a very pleasant and enjoyable lunch with my wife. I have awarded the restaurant 5 stars for sheer enjoyability, plus the fact it is off the main cruise ship dumping grounds of Venice. My wife enjoyed the gnocchi and I had the excellent spaghetti with shrimp.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

This is simply a lovely Italian restaurant with great menu and great staff.
Anna looked after our table and could not have been more helpful.

2  Thank davidsN2067XI