“Excellent location”

Ranked #196 of 468 Venice B&B and Inns
South Yorkshire
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 23 April 2007

Just returned from a 3 night break at Ca' del Pozzo. Totally agree with the comments from Plepper, Portland. Told to ring the B & B for someone to meet us - phone number unobtainable. Managed to find the vicinity of the B & B with maps but had to ask several locals for the exact location (down the dark alleyway).

Had to climb the 58 steps to the 3rd floor - no offer of help with the luggage from the man who let us in but he didn't waste any time in asking for the 10 Euros for the extra needed for arriving after 6 pm!

The room was large, well furnished and very clean. The bathroom was the same but still no water pressure! No chance of a shower and took 20 minutes to run a few inches of water in the bath! Breakfast delivered to the room - very poor. Still no mention of the free boat ride to Murano.

The location is really good - walking distance to St Mark's Square.

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank patiano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Portland, OR
Reviewed 25 March 2007

My wife and I stayed at this B&B March 11th & 12th. I am still unsure
what the place was (a hotel? B&B? Family residence?). After placing a reservation for a room at this B&B, I was given detailed instructions on what to do when I arrived by train into Venice. I followed the instructions and called the B&B, but nobody answered hence nobody met us at the Accademia bridge to escort us to the B&B. My wife and I proceded to make our way to the B&B, and by luck of God found it down a dark ally way! Then we found out there was no elevator, it isn't an easy hike to the top with luggage!

Our room itself was fantastic. Large and well furnished, with our windows looking down onto the main street that led to San Marco's. The bathroom was also large and nice, but the shower lacked any water
pressure, making bathing an ordeal. I have been to Europe many times and realize this is common, but this was very bad. Our room also shared a wall with the office where we checked in. It was awkward.

Breakfast was a roll, juice, and tea. Average offerings.

This wasn't a bad hotel per se, but I just couldn't shake the feeling
I could have found something better. The web-site for the B&B is also a bit misleading, offering a free boat ride to Murano etc.

Overall, I think I have received better value at other hotels in Venice that were cheaper and simpler.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
Reviewed 21 July 2006

I stayed at Ca del Pozzo's San Marco apartment during my backpacking trip. I also had a chance to see the bed and breakfast rooms and the apartment is much, much better.

We got off the waterbus and Sebastian was there to meet us.
He walked us to our apartment, which is just in an alley way near
St. Mark's Square. When he suddenly randomly opened a door on the side of the street I had my reservations, but our apartment turned out to be great!

It had air-conditioning, a rooftop view, huge closet
a decently-equipped kitchen and fridge
(they even had cartons of juice and milk ready!)
biscuits and bread,
a laundry machine (trust me, this is VERY necessary in Vencie when everything is super-pricey!)
Queen bed, and small TV.

It was pretty clean with fresh towels.
It was very close to the vaperetto stop and St. Mark's.
We had no problem finding it and trekking around Venice.

Highly recommend staying here in Venice.
We got a pretty good deal too, 80 EURO per night for 3 nights.
Definitely better than the pricey hotels in Venice.
If you can take care of yourself you don't need a concierge!

Downside: The incoming mobile phone option is not really true. They don't give you a mobile phone at all. As well, the free trip to Murano coupon is also false.

But we got a good deal so we didn't complain.

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank iamcanadianenuf
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed 11 April 2006

I originally booked the B&B but they had a last minute cancellation and gave us their apartment for the same price, €150 a night. It was a full apartment, 1 bedroom with a pull out queen bed in the living room. It had a canal view and was in a perfect location. It was so peaceful and just made our stay in Venice even better!

• Stayed April 2006
north carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2005

We booked a room at Ca' del Pozzo in February for a May trip. 5 days before we left they emailed us that they were having sewer problems, could we stay in a flat they owned. I felt stuck so we argreed. When we got there someone else told us they had just overbooked and there were no sewer problems. They put us in a flat with stains on the comforter, no hot water, bed with springs sticking out and charged us full price. There web site shows quaint rooms with painted beds and walls. Not what we got. Also it's a b&b, but our breakfast was bread in plastic wrap! I wouldn't stay with them again and really don't like to be lied to or taken advantage of.

15 Thank sookiee
NewOwnerCaDelPozzo, New Owner at Ca' del Pozzo, responded to this review, 1 February 2008
I'm very very sorry for this review, however now with the new owner all this inconvenience will never happen again!!!!

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels