Hotel Tiziano
Hotel Flora(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$404
US$379
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Antico Doge(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$231
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsquiet areasan basiliooff the beaten pathminute walklovely hotelselection of cerealsyogurtsmall hoteltop floorfamily roomdorsoduro districtthe hotel staffno elevatorwater taxipiazzale romareal venicebars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in a family room 100 mtrs from hotel, room was modern and clean, staff were friendly.
Only issue was location as we had too many bags after a long holiday and had to lug them though the streets to reach the hotel.
Positive side was it was away from st marcos square which was v v touristy! Next time may look to a hotel closer to a ferry stop.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We had an issue in our room with flying ants. Just imagine flying ants getting everywhere in your room (into your bed linen, bags, clothes, bath, etc). Ok, I know that it may be quite normal in Venice depending on the season. However you would expect a more decent and proactive response from the staff of a 3-star hotel. Instead we only got rude answers from most of the staff, making you feel that you were just trying to be annoying. I later found out that by the time I had first reported the issue they still had an available room with no issues at all. However they decided that instead of offering that room to us it would be much more profiteable to keep the room still on the market and fumigate our room instead. After a day of exploring Venice by the time we got back in our room we found out that it had been fumigated with strong ant killers and that they did not even bother cleaning the room after that. Result: smelly room, smelly clothes, dead ants everywhere and my wife suffering asthma issues (enough to file a Health & Safety complaint). By that time the empty room had been booked to someone else. They offered us a tiny discount but, to be honest, we could have slept in a 1* hostel for half that price and our stay in Venice would still have been much more comfortable.
On the positive side, the location of the hotel is very good. All the character of Venice but without all the crowds of tourists that are found around St. Marco.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HectorG_80
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This hotel is very old and romantic. I loved our room - very spacious and clean. Our window's opened out overlooking a canal. Great AC. Clean bathroom. Nice breakfast. Staff at the front desk were not very friendly - but maybe that is their custom.

Location is fairly close to the train station. If you have a lot of luggage you may want to take a water taxi as there are many bridges and the roads are cobblestone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My experience in Hotel Tiziano was a positive one.

The hotel is located in a quiet residential neighborhood of Venice. As much as this could be of benefit, this is also the ONLY drawback of this hotel. As it is located fairly in the interior of one of the six districts of Venice, getting there on foot could be a hassle if you don't have a comprehensive map of Venice. If you don't mind spending, you could take Venice's water-taxi and easily get there from Venice's train or bus station. If you travel from the airport by the Ali-Laguna boat, you need to get off at the stop called "Zattere." From there it is about 10-15 minutes by walk, provided you don't get lost in the smaller side-streets. These side-streets could be tricky for first-timers as you could either be going round and round without making any progress or reach a dead-end and may need to walk all the way back or you could be walking in a totally different direction. Barring this shortcoming, this is truly a great hotel to stay.

The lobby itself suggests that it is a cosy place to stay. The room was very comfortable and clean. The bath/toilet was fairly spacious. The small drawback of the bathtub is its half-door (a door that extends from one end of the wall to half the length of the tub) causing water to spill out of the tub when you shower. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were nice enough to make free print-outs of some reservations that I had made after I reached Venice. I know many places in Europe where they charge a minimal fee for similar services. Internet was free and came in handy to make museum reservations online.

Their breakfast is awesome. This came in handy as I was mostly traveling seeing places. After a good breakfast, I could postpone my meal until early in the evening concentrating more on sight-seeing and worrying little about where or when I would eat next. If I needed, I could grab a quick bite and go on. However, eating in Venice was not at all an issue as there are plenty of places with a wide range of prices!

Overall, this was a pleasant and memorable stay, worth the price I paid for, barring the tedious walk to the hotel from the pier (upon arrival) and from the hotel to the train station (when I departed) carrying my bags across the numerous bridges of Venice (bridges connect to sides of a district as Venice is built on water).

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good. All attractions in Venice can be reached by walk from this hotel. The fun-part of Venice is getting lost in one of its side-streets and figuring out your way back or walking through a different section of the city. Try this in the evenings after you are done with seeing the attractions during the day. Getting lost is not fun and could be frustrating when you are trying to find the way to your hotel with travel bags and luggage!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYPhysician
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We enjoyed our four night stay at the Hotel Tiziano. Although the hotel is located away from the tourist attractions, we found the five minute walk to the Basilio vaporetto stop enabled us to use our 48 hour pass to visit all areas of Venice. Our room which had a canal view was clean quiet and comfortable.The buffet breakfast of cereals,fruit, yogurt,meat,cheese, bread and cakes set us up for the day. Staff were friendly and welcoming. We will stay at the Tizianio again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple