All reviews close to the train station main bridge two single beds venetian decor lovely courtyard lovely little hotel air con night stay beds were comfortable tea and coffee within easy walking distance recommend this hotel location is great enjoyed our stay reception staff pastries water taxi
Reviewed August 2, 2015 via mobile

Just like everybody has said, you can't beat this hotel for its location. Just minutes away from the main train station, coach station, Grand canal and lots and lots of choices to eat and drink.

However, I'd never stop here again for the following reasons. Like one previous reviewer said, I had the room with no en-suite where you had to walk across the hall in a towel from your bathroom and even that was tiny. The room was very small and sparse.

A friends room, 101, was so small she barely had room to walk around the bed. The wifi was so intermittent that I didn't bother and just used my own data. There's no lift or any kind of facilities which you may hope to find, like tea/coffee, safe etc. if you had the air con on full, it was so noisy it kept you awake.

The breakfast room was no bigger than the rooms. 8 tiny tables placed so close together that you rubbed elbows with your fellow diners, not to mention the very limited choice.

I always try to look for something positive about every hotel I stay at, so I will now. Apart from the location which is 1st class, ask them for a room in the original part of the hotel is ( above reception ) as these are the much nicer rooms advertised on their website and not the very basic shoe boxes you get in the new part over the breakfast room.

With just a little more space, effort and amenities, this hotel could be fabulous and a little gem, but I'd never return as it is.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Hoppy22
Reviewed June 14, 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The location was great- it's near the train station and water bus station, but you can also walk to the main sights of the city. The hotel itself is located within an alleyway, which seems a little daunting at first, but you soon realise that such alleyways are just part of the Italian experience.

The room was a decent size and was decorated in Venetian style which I quite liked. The internet wasn't the greatest, but it also wasn't the worst of my Italy trip. The staff were all very friendly and helpful- can't fault them at all.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed May 29, 2015 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, some of the previous reviews are spot on. If you're looking for a 4* resort hotel, then look elsewhere.

This is a bed and breakfast hotel and a very good one, for its location, close to the train station (you can't hear anything) and a short walk to the coach station, over the 'glass' bridge. My partner and I loved the closeness to restaurants, the grand canal and other attractions, within a walk or float.

The staff were more than helpful, offering advice, with regards to where to go for meals, attractions and how to get there. I'd advise others to go here, for what it is - a beautiful artisan hotel, albeit in a side street

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mart S
Reviewed May 28, 2015

My wife and I spent two days in Venice and this hotel was a good choice as it is "on the island" and also very close to the train staion and boat station.
We had a room at the ground-floor but we weren't to excided about it, as it was strangely located, through different corridors, beyond an inside courtyard, with the window facing a wall. The bed is not very confortable, but the room itself is nicely decorated, in the specific Venetian style and all in all we were content that we had our own bathroom.
The staff is friendly and helpful and that compensated for the other shortcomings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2015

good location, lovely staff, wonderful coffee.
Room was very clean with a great shower and a smoking area outside in a secure place.
No safe in room although reception staff are happy to help and place valuables (passports etc.) in the hotel safe.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends