All reviews washer dryer superior apartment water taxi rialto bridge living room pull out couch piazza san marco gondoliers singing st marks tucked away gondolas passing minute walk perfect location watch the gondolas top floor rooms are large small canal
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Great location. Do not go with Google maps, that does not take into consideration the bridges. We took the water taxi and as the hotel is on a canal, it was directly to the hotel door.
The hotel is an apartment hotel, located between RIALTO and SAN MARCO, close to food shops
(Piazza San Luca), so many times we had meals in the apartment. Saving money.
We got complementary tickets for the biennial exhibition.
The using of washing machine cost 15 Euro, and the savon 1 Euro.
All in all very highly recommended

Room tip: Wet took the smolest appartment, one bedroom City view. That is to say, 4th floor, view and quiet We had a lot of space.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed in the Residence Corte Grimani for 2 nights before our cruise. The location was fantastic - close to St Mark's Square, restaurants and stores. One of the canals used by the gondolas goes right next to the residence. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The accommodations were very nice and the rooms much larger than I had expected. We had a kitchen and free wi-fi available to us but we did not use either. The only issue we encountered was noise from adjoining units; it seemed that the walls were a little thin and noises from adjoining units were easily heard in our unit. However, that would not stop us from staying here again on a future trip to Venice. I would definetely recommend this location to anyone visiting Venice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My niece and I stayed in one of the large suites at the Residence Corte Grimani in June. Unfortunately, the water taxi driver from the Santa Lucia train station informed us after we were 5 minutes into the trip that he couldn't take us direct to the hotel. He claimed that his boat wouldn't fit in the small canal at the Grimani which we found out was not true (we were picked up by a water taxi upon departure). We were dropped at the Piazza San Marco dock and had to hoof it across the cobblestones to the Residence. We had backpacks so it wasn't a big problem but it would have been nice to go direct because the Residence Corte Grimani is not to easy to find the first time. We had Google Maps to help out but passed it twice! Keep your eyes peeled when you cross the bridge past all of the gondolas. If you pass the Armani shop then you have gone too far!

The Residence Corte Grimani is very centrally located between the Rialto area and Piazza San Marco. My niece and I walked to the Piazza every evening and enjoyed the wonderful music at the Grancaffe Quadri until closing time. It was a short walk back and we felt very safe.

The apartment was very large and very nice. Our only complaint was the noise from the apartment above us. It seemed that the guests were dragging furniture across the floor on a constant basis. This is not the fault of the hotel and I did complain upon checkout which was a bit too late. The canal below our windows was full each morning with gondolas and the singing and laughing will get you up in the morning. Who needs to sleep late while in Venice though?

I would recommend the Residence Corte Grimani but would advise to complain about the noise if it's a problem. The front desk advised me that they would have informed the guests that they were too loud. I try to be tolerant and not a big complainer.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The room was very nice because it was very clean. The location was excellent because it is near Piazza San Marco. The service is very nice.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I took my mother ( who could not walk too far ) and 3 teenage girls to Venice. This was the ideal place . We were thrilled with its location. In the evenings you could watch and hear the gondola's right outside the front door . The area seemed very safe and my teenagers did a lot of exploring and followed some of the walks suggested in the guide books ( a great thing to do ) . We would buy food in the market in the mornings for the day and having a kitchen so we could eat when and what we liked. Eating out was crazy - the food charge - the " to pop your botton in a seat charge " the service charge !! It was too much for the quality of food we were being served. This residence sold water and wine at great prices . The staff could not have been more helpful. This to me was a perfect , family , friend and couples place to stay. Thank you to all the staff. The staff arranged a water taxi to the train station the day we left , this and a trip to the islands were some of our favourite memories.

Date of stay: August 2011