See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 2, 2012

i stayed here for three months while studying in Venice and it was awful!!! The people downstairs were absolutely rude and did not speak english!!! they make fun of you in Italian if you cannot speak it. they moved me around a billion times and then (even though I paid for a single room) they moved some chick in my room while I was away!!! im only giving it 2 stars bc of the location. giudecca is soooo beautiful! but this place was horrible!!! They dont listen. they say what they want to say and ignore what you say. incredibly unhelpful and discriminatory.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank chelsea60898
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The room was not cleaned and serviced when I checked in. The garbage can was full and everything was very dirty. The were no sheets and blankets.
The receptionists are extremely unfriendly and refuse to speak any word of English. Thus they did as if they could not understand me (and the others who had the same problem). After several days (I was about to stay there for 3 months) the cleaning was still not done in my room, nor in one of the others, and the receptionists just keep telling that there is some kind of a problem and that they would not know when the cleaning would take place.
They do not explain where the facilities, like kitchen etc., are and so the only thing they do is hand you yout key and thats about it.
Very very bad service! This place is defenitely not worth it and it just screws up the happy mood you're supposed to have in Venice!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Theresa_9865
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This location was a bit farther than the others we have seen, but the waterbuses go by so quickly that it was no problem getting to San Marco's Square. It took us about 5-7 minutes to get there from our waterbus stop. The hostel is a student's residence and it was pretty quiet when we were there (end of august). My boyfriend and I booked a 4 people room to save money, but they had a better room available and they gave us a private room for two people, free of charge. It was extremely spacious and the bathroom is huge. Everything was very clean and tidy. There were even locks on the closet doors for your personal items. There are no shower toiletries, but we were prepared and brought our own. It was a bit humid and there were no air conditioning, but we did not stay in our rooms because we were exploring Venice! It was a great value and a nice place to stay. I would come here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emtiny
Reviewed September 13, 2009

The only quality of Junghans is the location on Giudecca, one of the most beautiful sites in Venice. Except for this, the hotel is noisy, the rooms are dirty, there aren't services (nor the soap in the bathroom!). 90 euro: really a waste of money. If you know it, you avoid it!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ValMilano
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The price/performance ratio of the Residenza Junghans is very bad :-(((((
After all you pay 90 euros!
Residenza Junghans is:
noisy
The walls are moldy and dirty
No room service is offered
No breakfast is served for 90 euros
The washing machine can not be used.
etc.
Then, I prefer the real youth hostel, or a professionally run hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple