See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 10, 2015

I had the privilege to study in Venice for a whole semester, and stayed in this residence. The rooms are a bit small, but it was all I needed. Decent beds, and good shower. The room equipment is in a fairly good condition, and most of the receptionists are friendly and kindly greet you in your way in/out.
The main problem with this residence tho is the lack of a kitchen. It doesn't have a stove or oven, and students have to cook their food using microwave. There are communal fridges where to keep your food, but there are constant thefts (so basically the best option is to keep the food in your room and buy a mini-fridge). The TV's from the study rooms don't work.
The location in Giudecca is good.

Date of stay: September 2014
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This place is no frills. It's not a hotel, it's not even a hostel, it's a residence hall. If you want to relive your college years, or don't mind facing a little inconvenience, then by all means stay here! The heat didn't work my first few days, and my dirty dishrag got stolen from the kitchen when I left it for one hour. There's a real undercurrent of poor student desperation here. If you can see past that, by all means stay here!!

I brought my own sheets and covers, and using what they provided as bedding as my floor mats. You have to be clever about staying here. Bring your own stuff and you'll be fine. For the price (300 euro for a private room with private bathroom) it's quite a steal. With a little sprucing up, you can make it comfy.

Also the staff were pretty kind to me. One of them even let me borrow money when I didn't have change to buy a sandwich in the vending machine!

And...there's a bidet in the bathroom! What other hostel-like place would have a bidet!?

It has its pluses.

Date of stay: February 2014
2  Thank missbeelove
Reviewed May 2, 2012

i stayed here for three months while studying in Venice and it was awful!!! The people downstairs were absolutely rude and did not speak english!!! they make fun of you in Italian if you cannot speak it. they moved me around a billion times and then (even though I paid for a single room) they moved some chick in my room while I was away!!! im only giving it 2 stars bc of the location. giudecca is soooo beautiful! but this place was horrible!!! They dont listen. they say what they want to say and ignore what you say. incredibly unhelpful and discriminatory.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank chelsea60898
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The room was not cleaned and serviced when I checked in. The garbage can was full and everything was very dirty. The were no sheets and blankets.
The receptionists are extremely unfriendly and refuse to speak any word of English. Thus they did as if they could not understand me (and the others who had the same problem). After several days (I was about to stay there for 3 months) the cleaning was still not done in my room, nor in one of the others, and the receptionists just keep telling that there is some kind of a problem and that they would not know when the cleaning would take place.
They do not explain where the facilities, like kitchen etc., are and so the only thing they do is hand you yout key and thats about it.
Very very bad service! This place is defenitely not worth it and it just screws up the happy mood you're supposed to have in Venice!

Date of stay: September 2011
3  Thank Theresa_9865
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This location was a bit farther than the others we have seen, but the waterbuses go by so quickly that it was no problem getting to San Marco's Square. It took us about 5-7 minutes to get there from our waterbus stop. The hostel is a student's residence and it was pretty quiet when we were there (end of august). My boyfriend and I booked a 4 people room to save money, but they had a better room available and they gave us a private room for two people, free of charge. It was extremely spacious and the bathroom is huge. Everything was very clean and tidy. There were even locks on the closet doors for your personal items. There are no shower toiletries, but we were prepared and brought our own. It was a bit humid and there were no air conditioning, but we did not stay in our rooms because we were exploring Venice! It was a great value and a nice place to stay. I would come here again.

Date of stay: August 2010