1,323 results
All reviews great hotel free airport shuttle free bikes spa passes nice bar area perfect room housekeeping service sheraton hotel excellent housekeeping vip floor received complimentary fitness center small balcony great information replaced daily attending a conference rooms are nice
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at The hotel for three nights while attending a conference there as well. This was very well organised, with well appointed conference hall and meeting rooms. Bespoke lunches held on the 14th floor were also extremely well done.

I stayed in room 309, whatnot assume is a standard double. It was a good size, extremely clean with a nice firm bed. The decor is slightly dated but immaculate. The mini Bar is well stocked and very reasonably priced for a hotel - as is the hotel bar.

Breakfast is equally good with plenty of choice and very attentive staff.

I used the gym twice but it's quite small - two bikes, three treadmills and some free weights .. although one of the treadmills wasn't working. There a no changing facilities thatbi found so get changed in your room but there are towels and complimentary bottles of water available. No TV I'm afraid but there is a fancy amp system. I couldn't work it out though so just bugged myself into my phone for music.

There are usually taxis on standby outside the hotel but if not the hotel can call one up for you and the way this just a few mins. €25 to and from the airport and €10-12 to the Old Town.

The hotel does offer a free shuttle bus to and from the airport on a set schedule so if the timings are convenient it's really useful. I used it to when I arrived in Bari and booked it by email. Sadly my name wasnt on the list but the driver accommodated me in any case.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
RFrugis, General Manager at The Nicolaus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
We are happy to read your positive comment.
We hope to see you​ soon again.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Super rooms, well appointed beautiful public areas, good parking,very helpful staff and located just 15 minutes from the old center of Bari. Just one small complaint, the light in the bathroom is poor, needs brightening up.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
About the light is true that is a little poor, that because we changed the old lamps with the new led ones.
Anyway, we are working to find a solution.
General manager

Reviewed October 5, 2018

This is a great hotel.
Rooms are nice, the staff is nice, safe for the "Sergeant" at the buffet/restaurant which makes sure everything is right on schedule. I mean, the guy is ok, he could just relax a little. ;)

One thing I don't really care, but other people might, is that the pool costs 20euros to go. and I mean, not 20euros for a day. You pay to go, if you go in the morning, and then in the evening, that makes for 40 Euros. This seems quite exaggerated for having a 'pool service'

Another thing that some people might care about, this hotel is not located near the city center, and there is not much around it. It looks like a residential area, and a bunch of other hotels in the vicinity, but you need to have a shuttle or taxi to go to interesting places in Bari.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChrisMInOttawa

Dear Chris,
Thank you for your really nice review.
I can't stop laughing because "the Sergeant" is very similar to the nickname I gave to our Maitre Vincenzo.
He works here since the first day the hotel opened when he was just a "simple soldier".
He really wants that everything has to be perfect.
His passion is still the same of the first day. Everyone has to try our fresh orange juice "appena spremuta".
Anyway yes, I will talk to him: "Vincenzo please relax, you have a great staff" ;).

Please Note: The wellness area is always free. It could be an extra charge just for an organised group with a special rate.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

We stayed here on our last night in Apulia. Our flight left a 6:25AM, so the proximity to the airport was key! The management was extremely helpful—checking in for our flights (which began with Alitalia) was very difficult but they did their best to help! The staff was wonderful, especially Paolo at the bar! Our room was clean and quiet, my sister enjoyed having a workout area, and the taxi arranged for us (free shuttle didn’t start until after we had to leave) arrived promptly. The only thing at stopped me from giving it a 5 star rating was the lack of anything to do close by. But then again, we needed to get to sleep early anyway!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear guest,
I always say that a great hotel is more than a beautiful room.
We really work hard to offer the great service that our guests deserve.
It's easy for us because we love our job and we love our guest.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Only stayed one night on our tour of Appulia. Staff on reception were very helpful and knowledgeable about Bari, gave us some good tips about what to do in the city.
Excellent room, comfortable with a good sized bathroom.
Breakfast was very good, lots of choice.
One small issue was we were unable to have a swim as the pool can only accommodate a very limited number of people, however this did not spoil our stay at the hotel
We found all the staff cheerful and welcoming, would definitely recommend the Nicolaus Hotel to anyone visiting Bari.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
thank you for your wonderful review.
I'm so sorry for the inconvenient of the pool. It's a really​ rare case.
Anyway, I really hope to have here again to offer the great service you deserve.