See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2015

I had the chance to have a room that has been modernized recently. The hotel is still on undergoing renovation and improvement.
I was very happy with the room they have allocated me. Very silent and comfortable.
The staff is very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms at the hotel's back. Not that the street view room are not quiet. Sleep quality is perfect in any of their rooms
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2015

We booked a double room (not refurbished) via booking.com, about one month prior to the actual trip.
We had read the terrible reviews about the non-refursbished rooms, however we found the price for a newly rehabilitated room to be too expensive, so we settled for this and prayed it would not be as bad as expected...
Only it was...
The fact that the furniture, beds, mattress are all obsolete is not important, that' s not the biggest issue.
THE FACT THAT THE ROOM WAS DISGUSTINGLY DIRTY was horrible. Let me describe better - the bathtub had tons of spots and scratches, and it had not been cleaned - we had to buy disinfectant and fill the bathtub and rub it - when we rubbed it, dirt came off (not a lot, but, still, unacceptable!!!).
All corners in the bathroom had dirt, just plain dirt, the sink had not been washed, the toilet seat - we also had to disinfect this one and dirt came off.
The blanket looked like it had been used for dozens of years, luckily it was very hot so we did not need it. We used a plain sheet to cover ourselves, and we had brought our own pillow covers. Surprisingly, the sheets and the pillows were clean. But we used our pillow covers anyway.
There was, much to our surprise, some sort air conditioning - we had been notified upon purchasing the stay that the non-refurbished rooms were not endowed with air conditioning. It did't operate fully, but it did help us get through the nights, as it was incredibly hot in Bari during our stay.
Additionally, there was a fan (but it was nosiy, so we didn't use it).
The best parts about this hotel: the breakfast - it was pretty good, with sometimes warm croissants and various pastries, as well as savoury snacks for those who preferred, coffee - the filter coffee that is displayed in the food area is horrible, just ask the man who is there to give an espresso, however you want it, the espresso is great. And he will bring it to you free of charge; the quietness - the room was not looking towards the street - room 409, by the way. And it was very quiet.
On our first day, we didn't put up the do not disturb sign when leaving our room, but we did that on all the remaining days, because to them cleaning a room was exclusively taking out the garbage - they didn't even bring fresh toilet paper and / or soap etc. We did get two small bars of soap, two shower caps and two shampoo bags upon arrival. There was a hairdryer, too. And a bidet, but we did not touch it, naturally....
The staf was amazingly polite. They close the front office after midnight, but you just call and they open for you - probably because Bari is, overall, a not so safe town. The area itself is quite safe, no worries there, very close to the train station (about ten minutes, 15 tops on feet), and sufficiently close to the old town (Bari Vecchia - about 15-20 minutes on feet).
The wi-fi worked well.
The price for a 6 night stay was 314 euros in a double room, non-refundable. Having stayed in excellent hotels in Lisbon and Barcelona (Turim Lisboa and Derby, respectively), and in Amsterdam (NH Tropen near OosterPark) we were very disappointed that we got such poor rooms and such a lack of cleanliness for this price...

Room Tip: 409 is dirty and non-refurbished, but quiet, it doesn't look the street.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cristina E
Reviewed April 27, 2015 via mobile

we stayed for 3 nights. we were moved to 7th floor after night 1. i had politely asked at check in after receiving keys for room on second floor. Old type of room in need of upgrading but not too bad. the room for next 2 nights in 7th floor was very nice, lovely toilet and shower too. you can walk everywhere from this location and staff always happy to recommend day trips and local restaurant to eat in. Wifi works fine, breakfast is decent too, for the price paid, it is really good value but staff are top reason for high marking.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenny G
Reviewed March 26, 2015

Well the booked room on MrJet should look like the one on the top of this page ( you can compare it to the pics I join to this review of what I did get when I arrived to the hotel), what I saw when entering the room horrified me, I didn't dare to touch anything, because of the dirt, the dust, the stains on the carpet, even on the madras, a nightmare that looked like put together with thrown away trailler-parts from the 70s, the overall broken and worn-out furnitures, the beds that weren't real beds, most of the parts in the bathroom with flaws, hairs and dirt, huge stains on the carpet, switches and sockets hanging out from the wall...and so on.... I went down again to the reception at once refusing such a room (saying that I wouldn't succeed in standing in the morning after a night on the fake-bed). Then I was informed of the difference (don't laugh!) in between the "standard" room that was a dump and the "superior" room that was represented on the picture...(nothing about it on the MrJet page, beware when booking a package-trip from web-pages or travel-agencies), then I understood quickly while saying that I'd leave the place what was obviously going on, €30 bills discretely handled to the guy working the reception gave me at once a "superior" room for my staying of 4 nights...sure it was still cheap but not really part of the deal from the beginning..and I had the strange feeling that I wasn't the first one reacting and solving the problem that way...that gave me a room on the 7th floor that was decent....smelly and dusty but decent, with a safety-box ( do not dare to hire a room there without it! Because they mix up the keys they handle when the guest scome in the hotel) still I could hear the noise from the bar beside the hotel-entry and the banging of the elevator-door shutting down 50 times a night but that was ok compared to the nightmare from the third floor I had just left....I wouldn't have stayed in one of the low floor even if the room would have been given to me for free....then I asked for the rules about the keys that had to be left every time I left the hotel, still they succeeded to give me the wrong key twice when I came in....they have no real organisation (they pretend they are a 3 stars hotel and not a 4 stars as everyone can see on the internet...I wouldn't have given 1/2 star). I noticed too that the neighbourhood at night around the hotel is not the best, it didn't frightened me but...then about location it might be close from the train-station but it's quite far from the old and most beautiful part of town..some of the staff were nice, other just ignored me. The breakfast was OK but nothing that will stay in my mind like a cherished memory..seriously, add some money to your booking instead and get a B&B. This served my purposes during my staying but the bribe wasn't in my plans to start with...save time and money, avoid that bad experience and go somewhere else...

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2015

Needing a one night hotel near the train station, we booked the Victor in spite of the somewhat lukewarm reviews, in part because it's really cheap. It's perhaps a 10 minute walk from the station, and we elected to take a taxi for 8 euro. The entrance is really ugly, and you could easily walk past it without noticing as we did. Being positive, the attention from the staff was friendly and efficient.The "renovated" room was in fact fairly new, and reasonably clean. We didn't have any hot water but that was solved quickly. Unfortunately the hotel is located in a rather seedy area, and i certainly wouldn't have wandered out late at night. Can't comment on breakfast since we left early. None of this should discourage people from visiting Bari's old city, which is really great, and the highlight of our several days in Puglia.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple