All reviews roof garden old city rooftop bar shopping district corso cavour fifth floor train station nice hotel central location few minutes walk breakfast was included breakfast room downtown bari bed was very comfortable public areas free wifi excellent stay
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Bari was an interesting city that I found well worth a visit, offering a range of interesting experiences from the grid-patterned modern city, the labyrinth of streets in the authentically presented old town, the restored fortress to the exciting modern viewing tower on the city's waterfront.
The Hotel Oriente is well located and close enough to the railway to walk on my arrival from Rome. The taxi rank next door to the hotel made my pre-dawn departure for the airport very easy. There are some good bar-bistros in nearby streets and the hotel was of a high standard in all respects. The English speaking staff were helpful and courteous. My visit was as part of a vacation travelling through Italy from north to south , including Sicily and on to Malta.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Craig W
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Excellent service and food. I loved that the hotel was located in center city that allowed us to walk around and see the city’s history. We were also able to shop and visit various cafes. As a speaker of English only I was still able to communicate and find my way around Bari. I would recommend this hotel to my family, close friends and others looking for a great hotel to enjoy the city and relax in a safe environment.

1  Thank jmosesjr11
Reviewed October 10, 2018

This hotel is very nicely located, across from the gorgeous Teatro Petruzzelli (if you can attend a concert there, do!) and a short walk to nice shopping in the new district and also to the old city.

They upgraded us to a large, lovely suite with a street view on the 2nd fl. It wasn't noisy at all, even on a Sat. night. But when we were ready for bed at 11:30, and realized we had no AC, they suggested we move to their sister property because they were full. We declined as it was late and we were tired and only there three nights. We mentioned that they should give us a discount and they agreed. But at checkout, they offered us a mere 50E discount for all three nights! We complained about that being ridiculously low, but the manager would not budge.

Their desk staff was very nice and helpful with restaurant recommendations, etc.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Oriente Hotel in Bari Italy and it was a wonderful hotel. The breakfast buffet was very good! The rooms were newly redone and looked brand new. There is a nice rooftop garden with bar that is a nice place to relax.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night as part of a package. Hotel has been fully modernised with good standard of furnishings. Our room on the third floor and facing Via Cavour was luxurious and spacious with a separate sitting area and small balcony overlooking the street. Although October, it was still warm and without any apparent air conditioning it was necessary to leave the windows open - which was ok but some street noise intruded. Breakfast was pleasant with fresh fruit and real Italian coffee made individually. Only problem is the large tour groups that like to base themselves here and as a result overwhelm the small lobby and tiny lifts. There was also a queue for breakfast. Staff were friendly and the atmosphere relaxed. Room service is available but no restaurant facilities as such. This seems to be typical of city centre hotels but detracts from its four star rating somewhat. Fortunately it’s only a short walk to the old town and plenty of eateries - although don’t expect to eat anything before 8pm! Overall, a nice hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple