All reviews family run hotel lovely hotel mini supermarket air con a great place to stay stayed here for nights roberto bus wifi km sardinia euros
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I loved everything about my stay here. The room was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in, the tiles and shower and interior all seemed new but may appear old as the style is old and unique (which I love). I was travelling alone so I had a single room, which was small but I didn't spend much time in it and I was too delighted with the cleanliness to worry about the size. My room was facing the road which is quite busy but goes very quiet in the evenings so it didn't disrupt my sleep at all. This is a really good base near a lovely lovely beach. If you're looking to explore, it's probably best to have a car but I did ok using the bus and taxi's. The restaurants in town are cheaper than the ones on the beach near the hotel but it gets busy in town and you will have to book if you want to eat after 8pm. Also, there is no bus back to Pittulongu after 730pm. The people who run this hotel are lovely and will help you with everything you need, just ask. It's a small hotel so I also got to meet some other visitors from other parts of Europe. Breakfast was lovely, enough variety to keep you going through the day. My only very small gripe was my bed was uncomfortable, I could feel the springs but I always miss my bed when I am away. I had a wonderful stay and would definitely stay here again if I were to return. Side note- I had access to good wifi all parts of the hotel, I was fast and worked well.

Room Tip: The rooms outside the main part of the hotel are probably quieter if you're a light sleeper. All rooms have aircon and wifi
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah G
sarasconfi, Direttore at Hotel Abbaruja, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear Mrs Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to write this beautiful review. We hope to host you again in the future.

Best regards,
Hotel Abbaruja - Roberto

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Lovely place, very clean, sheets and towels changed every day. Nice breakfast. Staff very friendly especially Aristedes who is a marvellous host. Sarah and Roberto make you very welcome. On my birthday they gave me a birthday card and a cake and we all sat outside in the evening and had free wine. We have been before and shall return again.

Room Tip: Rooms 13 to 16 are good with balconies
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 879Joan
sarasconfi, Direttore at Hotel Abbaruja, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Dear Joan,
We thank you for the kind review. We are happy that everything is to your liking and you have noticed the care we put into our work.
It makes us great pleasure to see that you appreciated our services and the professional of our staff, and the beauty of our garden.
We would be very happy to welcoming you again at our Hotel. Greetings Hotel Abbaruja - Roberto.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

This is my third visit to this Hotel, and was a very enjoyable stay. Location we know is only 600m from the main beach and less than that from the one mini supermarket and pizza place.

Couple of negatives, rooms we are allocated seem to get smaller each visit, the WiFi was non existent if staying outside of the main building, bed was two camper beds pushed together with separate mattresses, air con is coming to end of its useful life.

overall not much has changed in four years since last visit, place is charming and friendly with top location. just feels as though some aspects need upgrading to justify price increases.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe P

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having stayed at the Hotel Abbaruja and for his positive comments, we are very sorry for not having fully met your expectations during your stay. In reference to Sue considerations, we want to inform you that in all the world's best Hotels are used to separate the double beds that give the opportunity for hoteliers to offer the single or double rooms according to guests' needs. For information Pittulongu Beach is 200 meters, For the size room, we respect your booking for a small double room, Accompanying customers after you, or since you have used air conditioning with ventilation mode, as for the Wi-Fi connection, please be aware that our reception staff are always available to solve any kind of technical problem. Often the line is clogged and that there is a need to simply restart the Wi-Fi modem. We sincerely hope we would welcome you back in the future, in order to offer you a more comfortable stay. Cordial greeting, Hotel Abbaruja - Roberto

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Stayed here for 5 nights and found it very good. It is a small family run hotel and we think it could be described as 'rustic' There is nothing fancy about it, but it is perfectly clean and the staff were very kind and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and the settee was OK too. Breakfasts were really good with plenty of choice and lots of it. Wifi is free but a bit erratic and there are hardly any english speaking channels on the TV. We ate a couple of times at the beach bars, but really felt they were a little over priced, then we discovered the cafe just up the road Costa Sarda which was very good and much more reasonably priced. The supermarket, also up the road from the hotel was well stocked. Only gripe I had was the hair dryer - pretty useless, so take your own! The terrace was really VERY small, but it was as advertised, so can't complain and it was still nice to have somewhere to sit outside your own room, either early morning or later at night without having to go to the hotel gardens. Would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a terrace and a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2017

Hotel Abbaruja is a wonderfully simplistic hotel in a fantastic location. The hotel itself is small, and the rooms aren't particularly fancy at all, however there is a charm and relaxation about it that just absorbs you. From the little bar near reception, to the cute and secluded courtyard where you can sit and read, or have a drink or two. The family running Abbaruja are fantastic; they really did whatever they could to make us feel comfortable. Even the elderly father-in-law made time to chat with us every day and teach us Italian! Breakfast was nice - a selection of breads, pastries, cheeses and meats on offer. Location-wise, you are a short walk to the beautiful beach, and some great restaurants too. I highly recommend Abbaruja and I cannot wait for us to come back again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple