All reviews murta maria porto istana la pergola olbia airport pool area a great week small village della nonna cakes cleaned every day scrambled eggs lovely pool and gardens maria beach cold meats and cereals acqua pazza sky channels gelato
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic clean hotel , every thing was perfect, helpful, friendly staff,nice pool , lovely choice of breakfast each morning , very tidy pretty garden to walk around , room was very clean & spacious.we differently would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel situated in beautiful gardens in which to sunbathe. The staff were all really friendly and helpful, particular mention should go to Tony on the pool bar who was really patient with my husband's attempts to speak Italian!
The only fault with this hotel is the lack of a courtesy room. We had to check out of our room at 10am and were not picked up until 4 20pm - a long day when there is nowhere to shower before leaving!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2018

Staff in restaurant very friendly and serve excellent food on our half board basis and breakfast very good did have issue with shower as water goes everywhere on the marble floor and makes it very slippery.
we original we're told it was disability friendly but it prove not to be as stairs everywhere to bedrooms and reception but all in all a brilliant holiday

Room Tip: choose the superior room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Sherpa808847
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Me and my husband managed to escape for the first week of June child free so this was a real treat for us as we have never been away just us apart from a night or two.

Staff were very pleasant and helpful, appear to know enough english (although I enjoyed learning some Italian) and on our arrival we were upgraded to a superior room for free, unsure why but I definitely was not going to complain.
We had a pleasant balcony room with lovely view overlooking the pool and the hills which was a perfect viewing spot for the lightning storm we experienced one night.
Room was clean and maintained daily and the bed was firm but very comfortable. The shower was a little temperamental for the first couple of days, coming out a bit cold, but seemed to sort itself out. The only disappointment was the TV channels, I know you don't go on holiday to watch telly but there was a particularly rainy miserable day so we just stayed in our room and ended up watching Netflix because all the TV channels were either German or Italian, think I found one that was remotely English and appeared to be a news channel. So on the plus side if you do enjoy a bit of screen time there is free Wifi to connect to if you bring a tablet or laptop with you.

They seem to do a fair amount of functions at this hotel and it would be perfect for a wedding if you are planning on getting married abroad. We found it very peaceful and relaxing without any disturbance. Also pretty gardens. There weren't many children about so this is a lovely hotel for couple time, however I would bring my kids here, they would be in the pool every day, it is not too deep and there is a separate kids pool! Sunbeds were never full so we didn't have any trouble there.
Talking about the pool it was heaven! After the last couple of holidays of having a freezing cold pool that we couldn't swim in, it was lovely to have a cold pool on a hot day, where you don't have to creep in inches or hyperventilate from jumping in freezing ones bits off. It was lovely and refreshing on a hot day.

Antonio, who works the pool bar was absolutely fantastic, always with a smile on his face, very welcoming and an absolute credit to the hotel. He looked after us really well and was providing everyone with little snacks to go with their drinks.
Breakfast was fine (we were on a b&b basis - you can pay extra at the hotel to upgrade to HB or FB), I wouldn't call it amazing but no complaints either. There were boiled eggs, cold ham/salami and cheese on offer, brown and white bread/rolls, cereals, yoghurt, scrambled egg and bacon, plenty of sweet offerings (not great for my waistline though too much temptation haha), fruit, juice, tea/coffee and it was pretty much the same every day but that didn't bother me.
The food at the hotel was fantastic but main restaurant is a bit pricey, however it's worth it if you don't have to count your cents carefully.
Over all we had a lovely and relaxing holiday which was very much needed, but if I am honest 3-4 nights away is enough if you don't plan on doing much and are having a break from the kids, otherwise bring yourself some entertainment just in case as there is only so much talking, reading, swimming, sleeping, eating and other things lol you can do! I would definitely recommend this hotel but bear in mind there isn't a great deal to see and do in the surrounding area and in parts is a bit worn down, buildings unfinished etc but there can be beauty in desert!

Useful information to someone perhaps:

- Firstly, we were clueless to the tourist tax that is charged - my husband missed this in the fine print of the booking and only found out when settling a bar bill at reception mid way through the holiday, it's 2.50 euros per person per night! I was not impressed at all, it appears to have been around for a while but I had never come across this yet!

- Taxi from airport to the hotel is 25-30eu one way, it appears to be slightly more expensive on a weekend than in the week but still cheaper than booking transfers via the travel site (would have cost us over £100 for transfers) and only took about 5-10mins. You can also catch a bus which is to the right from the doors from arrivals to the end and look to about 11 o'clock. Think it was stop 4 or 5 for the 514 bus but check times online - the bus wasn't reliable though when catching it to Olbia and never even turned up to go to the airport. It cost just under 6eu for the two of us for one way to Olbia so I expect the airport would be the same.

- Hotel provides pool towels for a cost of 5 euros per towel and the same cost each time you change.
- There appears to be a lift to downstairs and a wheelchair ramp to reception along with disabled rooms.
- We had a fridge in our room with a mini bar but we used it for our own water bottles etc, unsure if this is consistent in other rooms - also was nice to have a hair dryer and find this out on the hotel website before travelling so I didn't have to bring one.
- We had room 105 - rooms 101-108 are on the top floor all with a balcony and pool/garden facing view
- English based satellite tv channel was 690, I think lol
- If you want to explore then you need to hire a car, the roads to anywhere aren't walkable unless you like living on the edge and in fear of your life! You can however walk to the Marina Maria beach which is approx 20min gentle stroll away. It's a lovely beach but I wouldn't recommend it with small kids who can't swim without thorough supervision as it dips rather than being a gentle decline along with sinking into the sand, if it's a bit choppy then it could be a bit dangerous. Ok with older kids. There are a couple of supermarkets in short walking distance although a bit limited with choice and also a pharmacy a couple of doors down. Few restaurants again within short walking distance including an ice cream parlour and pizzeria.
There is a tobacco shop where that side of things is quite reasonable. Pack of cigarettes was about 3.80eu and 30g baki about 6.20eu - no multi packs though to be able to bring back home and the same was at the airport so best stock up individually if you want to save a bit of money. You can also buy a sandwich fairly reasonably if you just want a snack to take away.
- The hotel has a free bus that goes to Porto Istana beach you just need to book the bus times. Only takes about 5mins and it is well worth it as it is beautiful and you can buy snacks and drinks there. The sunbeds are around 20-35euros for two with a parasol to hire - appear to be cheaper on the back rows.
- Porto San Paolo has the nearest cash point/bank, only about 5-10mins away and just under 5eur for two on the bus one way. Also the closest for a few shops to look in other than Olbia but nothing amazing if you are a shopper. No shops in Murta Maria apart from one handmade/trinket shop I spotted but didn't go in. There is also a harbour where I think you can get the ferry from for a trip out. There is boat trip/hire booths, car hire place and also a lovely little play park for the kids near the harbour area.
- Food wise we ate at La Pergola, Restaurant Murta Maria and Caminera all of which had perfectly lovely food and service. Caminera was the only one I spotted that had a childrens menu though. If you want to eat out on the cheap the pizza is big enough to be shared between two for 6-9eu and house wine for 1/2ltr varied between 4-5eu. Eating out was pretty reasonable.
- Olbia wasn't amazing, not a lot there we found unless we just didn't find the right places, some shops, mainly clothing ones but there was a beatiful childrens store with some stunning things in, however quite dear price wise.

- Olbia Costa Smeralda airport has free wifi, there is a smoking lounge and charging points if you need to charge your mobile etc before you travel. Do leave yourself enough time to get to your gate though as passport control took us an hour each side of travel with the queues and only two people checking them.

Room Tip: 101-108 top floor garden/pool view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trav017
sara p, Responsabile reception at Speraesole, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide valuable feedback on your recent stay.

We were delighted to read your 5 stars review and we were pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything from the room to the breakfast.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the next future.

Regards,
Sara

Reviewed June 16, 2018

Great hotel which accommodates for families, my family and I stayed for a 7 days, the staff and management are really friendly always looking to anticipate your needs. The we were offered a room on the ground floor which was brilliant as it had a balcony and access to the hotel gardens which was great for my little one. The room was of a decent size and kept clean regularly, the breakfast offered a good variety of options from pasteries, cakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, cold meats and cereals. The restaurant offers good variety of evening dishes but they are other restaurants outside the hotel you can uses as alternatives (about 6 to choose from). Their is a beach 15 minutes walk from hotel and they offer a shuttle bus to a larger beach which is 30 mins walk away (5 min drive). I would recommend to anyone looking for a family friendly quite beach get-a-way.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family