“Etna Top Easy”

Classic Experience Etna and Alcantara
Ranked #1 of 24 Food & Drink in Catania
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are in love with the volcano Etna! But, differently, we offer excursions more informal and engaging with outstanding itineraries.Our guides, professional and adept, will lead you to the discovery of the volcanological and ethnographic aspects of Etna, as well as its flora and fauna. A picnic of Sicilian flavors for a festive break accompanied by good local wine will also enable you to remember this day not just as a simple excursion but also as an experience brightened by colors and emotions. The collected feedback from all the B&Bs and Hotels have left us able to individualize suggestions, itineraries and qualified people able to transform the excursions around the volcano into an authentic experience.
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

Giuseppe was our tour guide. We flew in from Malta, where we are spending our vacation and hopped a plane to Catania, Sicily with hopes to see the summit of Mount Etna. We booked our tour easily from the U.S. and they picked us up at the designated spot at exactly the correct time. The forecast called for clouds all day with a half inch of rain at the summit, but we decided to take a chance and go anyway. As you can see from the photos, we were not disappointed. Giuseppe was an excellent guide and made our day something special that we will remember forever. He was friendly and accommodating and I swear he was just as excited at the top as we were. I was completely prepared for rain and wind and I would’ve had a good time no matter what, but I am grateful for the break in the weather while we learned about the volcano. I felt completely safe and learned so much. The views were breathtaking and the drives through the villages were amazing. I recommend spending the extra money to take the lift and jeep ride to the top. I love to hike, but the hike did not look like it would be worth the effort. And I think the shorter trip would not get you as high as one would hope. Go for the Top Easy. Best decision I made this trip.

Date of experience: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)
All reviews
"small group"
in 15 reviews
"great tour"
in 19 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 10 reviews
"pasta"
in 13 reviews
"flora and fauna"

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Really good communication from the moment we booked, well organised and very interesting. Alessandro was a great guide, very knowledgeable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked the classic tour last minute and it turned out to be a delight. Our guide, Giovanni, was well versed, welcoming and brought both passion and fun to the day. Etna itself is very impressive, if only seen at 2,000m, and the gorge was a great addition to the day. I’d highly recommend the tour.