“Catastrophe”

Villa Del Bosco Hotel
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Catania
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I booked this place after reading good reviews about it and been deeply deceived,absolutely excentered ,rooms are small ,was staying in a suite on two level wich was terribly dark,breakfast was disgusting but the worst was the supposidly pool wich is size of handkerchief and found myself swimming with a big black rat .Horrid experience !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Superchiller P
There are newer reviews for Villa Del Bosco Hotel

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I had mixed feelings about my stay here. I truly enjoyed the property and the location, but was not thrilled about all of the employees. I inquired at the front desk a few times for ideas on places I could go and how to get there, but nobody was of much help. The behind the scenes help, however, was wonderful. Any time I needed something, whether a towel or a clean glass, they were there in moments with a smile. Part of my vacation was solo, and part was with a friend. The time I had alone was so relaxing and quiet. There was one night of noise on the street, but there aren't many businesses very close to the hotel so the people noise was minimal. I got out and did a lot of walking around the area. I always felt safe and there was plenty to see and do. The pool was smaller than I hoped for, but it was still very nice to read a book and chill. The furnishings in the room were all clean and functional. I stayed in the original portion of the hotel, not the modern side, and it was exactly what I expected it to be.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My fionce and I spent a week in this hotel, we had such a great time! We met a lot of young couple! The staff was very helpful, especially the barman Giuseppe who does the best cocktails ever!!! The restaurante is amazing! Good food and good wine! As i've ready about the pistacchi pasta, i've tried it, and i really recommand it!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We really enjoy our holiday in Willa del Bosco. The hotel is over our expectation for quality of service, courtesy and elegance.
The hotel is not too small but you'll feel a human dimension to be guest in a 1800's sicilian villa with a lot of attentions.
I'd suggest it to friends without any doubts.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luca M
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Just outstanding. The villa is classically beautiful, the restaurant was the first thing we did when we arrived having dropped off the bags in the great room. all I can say is that I regularly spend a lot more getting a far inferior service and food. I like my great cuisine and this really was outstanding. the staff are excellently trained and for the first time in years I was 100% satisfied.
If your a small minded person and like pink limousines please do not go here and holiday in puerto banus so that it remains as it is, elegant. ;)
definitely going back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

the service is very good, and all workers are very nice,helpfull.
we feel just like at home.
the environment is confortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Sicily was our final stop after a week in Italy. I was travelling with my family and I'm glad we bumped into this warm and family run hotel. The place itself is hard to describe as it is split into two different buildings: the one where we were staying was the modern wing. But the main wing is the one where most of the services are and is really charming and elegant with antique Sicilian forniture. Our room was clean, confortable and stylish. Breakfast was unique for the variety of croissants and pastry and the also serve a more continental bacon with eggs, wich is quite rare in most Italian hotels. Staff at reception spoke good english and was helpul and nice with us. We had the chance to meet Grazia, the owner, and she organized our trips to Taormina (can't miss) and our transfer to the Eolian Islands. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2011