“Terrible Service & Average Food”

Bar Duomo Di Villara Felice
Ranked #1,433 of 1,913 Restaurants in Palermo
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I had been walking around Palermo all morning and had just viewed the church across from this cafe. I decided to take a lunch break and sit and continue to view the church. Not a great decision, the service was terrible, it took a long time to be served. Hardly any beverage on the menu was available so I ordered a beer and a slice of pizza. The pizza was very average considering we were in Italy. Unfortunately I had been to Naples so the bar was set pretty high for the pizza. My suggestion would be to keep walking.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We ordered two different pizza. Both of them were awful in taste. There was no toilet paper and soap in toilet. Beware of this place!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

After all day of visiting Palermo we found this "restaurant". Two nice waitress told us that they have a really good food. We ordered spaghetti bolognese, spaghetti carbonara and salad with meat. We waited for food around 15 minutes (so not so long) but they bring us something which we really didn't expect. First carbonara, it was some sauce (a little amount with mayby 8-10 pieces of bacon so pasta was dry) but after two bites I left it cause it was really distasteful. And it was the best meal from this restaurant. Spaghetti bolognese was prepare from normal pasta (not spaghetti one) and it looks and taste like pasta with the cheapest sauce from supermarket with a tiny part of some meat. If its possible it was even worst then carbonara. So we left it too. And the best part: salad with meat. They brought us cutting board on which was 1 leave of salad and few slices of tomatoes and the worst kind of ham (I must be honest - it was many slices of ham) which looks not fresh. So we left this meal aswell. We spent 30 euro (its not a lot) and we left almost full plates. So if you looking for something too eat please don't go to this restaurant. In this place you will waste your time and money. And the worst was that we was with two children and I asked waitress about quality of food and she promised that its a really good. And it was a lie for only 30 euro. I hope that it was worth.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

To be fair, the service was not great and the bar is most definitely poor value for money, yet my coffee lungo and a large portion of stracciatella ice-cream were relatively good, and came at €6 in total. I probably would not recommend the spot for food as it was pre-prepared and did not look very appetising. The view of the catedral was great, so if you want good espresso or lungo coffee, it’s okay to stop there and relax. There is very little alternative in the vicinity anyway.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

The owner/manager (presumably) who smiled so sweetly when she invited us in shouted very loudly at the waitress who mistook our order of milkshakes for hot chocolate and sent said hot chocolates crashing to the floor when we corrected the error. The lasagne was cold in the middle, almost certainly because it had not been MICROWAVED for long enough. The "bruscetta" (haha, if you can call it that) consisted of some stale bread topped with chopped tomatoes and my partner (who is gluten free which is partly the reason we stopped here) waited at least half an hour after my food came out for her pesto pasta, which was a massive disappointment. We felt sorry for the waiters/waitresses who appeared as if they were working against their will. Needless to say we do not recommend...in fact we strongly recommend you do not stop here!