“One of the best meals I've ever eaten - FACT”

Gagini Social Restaurant
Reserve with
Gagini Social Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,716 Restaurants in Palermo
Price range: US$47 - US$68
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Castellammare
Description: The idea of a “Social Restaurant” in Palermo comes from our wish to merge local elements of Food, Art, Music and Fashion with more open ideas of the whole world. Social is our way of living, sharing our ideas with different cultures, let our guests feeling at home, relaxed, comfortable, at ease and pleasantly pampered. We are in love of Sicily and we try to let people feel it through the food, that now, more than ever before is strictly linked to our territory thanks to a recent cooperation with a "star Chef" who gave his personal touch to our cooking.Symbolic element of our restaurant is the social table where people of different nationalities can share the experience of a Dinner in Gagini Restaurant. Harmony and communication are the elements that characterize this space. And if you desire something different from a “Social Dinner” don’t miss our romantic and perfect tables for a Dinner for two or for a group of friends, family and affair. Our Maxim : Passion and hard work…in a Social way!
London
“One of the best meals I've ever eaten - FACT”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Wonderful from start to finish. Set in the entrance to the wonderful tumbledown Viccuria market, this place is a total joy. Our table was still full when we arrived, so the waitress gave us a glass of wine each and we had a very pleasant drink at the bar. You simply can't fail to enjoy yourself here, with its little candles glowing out from the holes in the stone walls and friendly service there's a great vibe. And then there's the food. JESUS CHRIST! It's stunning. Little teeny amuse bouche thingies that arrive unasked for and blow your mind, the biggest and most delicious scampi I've ever eaten in my entire life, artichoke amazingness, spaghetti with prawns is one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth, delicious Bacalao, a little glass of panna cotta with frutti di bosce on top, delicious wine. Honestly, I don't think I've ever left a restaurant quite so happy. If you're in Palermo, go to this restaurant, trust me, you'll be delighted you did.

p.s. If you're feeling brave and want a drink on your way home, turn right out the restaurant a dn stroll up the street to the market square. It's double edgy and feels like it might be about to come tumbling down at any minute, but it's one of the coolest places I've been.

• Visited April 2012
Stefania M, Proprietario at Gagini Social Restaurant, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Guest,
It is not easy to find the right words to thank you for the beautiful feedback you have left on tripadvisor...
We can only thank You and we do hope that our beloved Palermo can leave always this kind of memories to all our visitors...
Gagini Restaurant and all the staff send you a warm hug from Palermo and watt for you again as sono as you can .

Stefania e Franco