“Very Pleasant Dinner”

Al Casato dei Ventimiglia
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Al Casato dei Ventimiglia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #506 of 2,059 Restaurants in Palermo
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palazzo Reale
Reviewed October 3, 2017

We discovered this restaurant very near our rental and thought we'd give it a try. We ate outside and even though the restaurant is on a fairly busy road, it is shielded from the traffic by large potted plants. Nice cozy atmosphere. For antipasti we shared a generous plate of marinated anchovies -- I could have eaten two plates by myself. I've never had anchovies served like that and they were delicious. Our entrees were good and we had a half litre of very decent wine for 5 euros, instead of the 5-euro glasses of wine we'd had elsewhere. Very pleasant service.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

We ate inside, which was air conditioned. The staff were very friendly (perhaps by now the expected baby will have arrived safe and sound!) I had the sea bass cooked in foil with mussels and clams, which was lovely. The basement has lots more tables (and the toilet) where many Italians were eating and watching the live international football. We had a lovely time and the price was very reasonable, about 75 euros I think for starter, mains and wine for 2.

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

We were walking around Palermo and a sweet young man gave us a card for this restaurant. We orders a variety of items and all were delicious. The Caponata was one of the best and the swordfish carpaccio was wonderful. We will definitely return on our next visit to Plaermo❤️ Everone made us feel so welcome.

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

The food was good and the location was convenient. We enjoyed a pleasant lunch outside. We chose only the pasta dishes, by there seemed to be a large variety of food to enjoy.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

My French family and I had lunch there and I ordered the caponata....typical Sicilian appetizer...and wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary. Boy, was I surprised! It was by far the tastiest caponata that I had during our two-week tour of Sicily. My husband and father-in-law had the squid and it was good. The service was attentive and the premises were clean.