“Absolutely Perfect”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Piazza IX Aprile
Isola Bella
Location
Madonna Rocca and Etna
Villa Comunale (Pubblic Garden)
Isola Bella
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

mavitale
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Absolutely Perfect”
Reviewed May 11, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I almost don't want too many people to know how WONDERFUL this apartment is, because I want to make sure it's always available for my frequent visits to Taormina. I'm glad to see the new photos are posted, because the renovation is lovely. The apartment itself is comfortable and a nice size, but the shining glory is the terrazzo and amazing view both during the day and at night. My Instagram feed is filled with one beautiful shot after another. The bed is extremely comfortable which I was very happy about since I stayed for 11 days. It felt like my home away from home. The location is great because it's an easy walk into "town" if you want that, but it's also very quiet if you don't want to deal with the crowds of tourists. I bought groceries and cooked for myself most nights. Giovanni and Sonja are the most welcoming and lovely hosts. (and Giovanni is quite strong...he lifted my giant suitcase on his shoulder and carried it up the stair like it was a feather!). Honestly I cannot say one bad thing about this apartment or my experience staying there, and I will most certainly be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The terrazzo and view
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Management Response
16 May 2016
Hello Marian, thank you for your good review. And thank you so much for have care for my plants. Perfect!! I wish you all the best and I hope we see us again, Giovanni and Sonja
LizHa2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Apartment - great location, terrace and views”
Reviewed May 3, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My husband and I stayed here in April 2016. The apartment has been recently refurbished to a high standard and was light, bright and airy. The apartment was immaculately clean and the terrace was an ideal outside space with great views. The photos on holiday lettings are outdated and do not do the apartment justice. WiFi was also available. It is perfect for couples and is in a great location just a short walk to the centre of Taormina and beaches. Giovanni was very helpful, met us on arrival, guided us to the local parking facility and then drove us to the apartment helping us with the luggage.

Overall a very pleasant stay in good accommodation .

Management Response
6 May 2016
Hello Liz, thank you so much. You too have been pleasing guests and thank you for having taken care of my flowers.

I wish you all the best
Giovanni
AlisonBun
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great apartment - wonderful view”
Reviewed October 19, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I stayed here for a week in September with my partner. Giovanni met us at the bus station which was a short walk away from the apartment and kindly carried my rather heavy suitcase. To reach the apartment you have to go down some steps to the building, then up three flights of stairs so if you have mobility issues it might be a problem. Giovanni showed us around the apartment, showed us how everything worked, and left us his number in case of any problems. I`d read some reviews that said the apartment was basic but we found it perfectly fine, a comfortable bed, large wardrobe, plenty of crockery/cooking utensils and although the bathroom was on the small side it was perfectly adequate, the shower cubicle was big enough, a bonus being there was a proper hairdryer. It was very hot in mid September so the air conditioning was very welcome. The main selling point of the apartment is definitely the large terrace, such fantastic views and a really peaceful location away from the bustle of Corso Umberto but within easy walking distance. The proximity to the bus station makes it easy to get around to nearby beaches/places of interest. We did 2 day trips (Valley of the Temples/Piazza Armerina and the Commissario Montalbano tour) and had very early starts so were able to watch the sun come up on the terrace - wonderful! The nearby cable car was out of action due to extremely heavy rain the week before, but there was a replacement bus service down to Isola Bella, or you could walk down the path which we did one day, although not back up again! We had intended to do more cooking in the apartment, in the end we ate out most of the time, but it was great to have an aperitivo on the terrace, or a nightcap watching the lights across the bay. We could have easily stayed there longer and were so glad we found this apartment.

Liked best: The terrace/location
Liked least: No washing machine
Angela H
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 17, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We had a wonderful week in this superb apartment. As others have said the views from the terrace are breathtaking. After a busy day exploring this beautiful island the icing on the cake is sitting out of an evening with a glass of wine soaking in the amazing views.

Located within a short walk of shops,restaurants and transport but still quiet and peaceful. It has everything you need, comfortable bed, plenty of hot water and lots of storage space. The wi-fi was good in the bedroom or sitting out near the bedroom window.

The owners met us at the apartment to explain everything and tell us about Taormina. They were only a phone call away if we needed anything.

We looked at several apartments prior to booking but this is certainly the best.

Liked best: The views
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 50-64
Suzanne H
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect location”
Reviewed August 23, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My husband & I stayed here for 5 days over summer. The position of this flat is perfect with spectacular views. It is 5 minute walk to the main street of Taormina but just outside the busy centre. The flat itself is small with a bedroom & kitchen area, however it has everything you need for two people. I would definitely recommend this place for the view.

Liked best: The View
Liked least: No washing machine
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
amk0000
Bristol, United Kingdom
“An amazing terrace”
Reviewed May 30, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The terrace is fantastic, it's as big as the apartment itself and the view is beautiful. The apartment itself is basic but well equipped - it's excellent value for money in a pretty expensive location. It's 5 mins walk from the central shopping street and the owner is very friendly - he met us at the exit of the motorway so we could follow him to the apartment and gave us a little tour of the town, recommending shops and parking etc. The apartment itself is a little shabby but its clean and it had everything we needed. We hope to go back one day! Thanks Giovanni.

rebekah H
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A Must Stay !! Beauty of Taormina!”
Reviewed May 20, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

The most beautiful apartment I have ever stayed in! I would recommend this hidden gem to anyone! I will have to come back!

Giovanni was an amazing host by picking us up at the bus terminal at a late hour and showing us a quick run around the town! Advising on easiest ways to get to the beach, supermarkets, cable car, restaurants, things to see and do and provided us with a map. Giovanni took us to the apartment and showed us how to use appliances and where things were. He also tried to get my partner and I on a fishing trip! Really went out of his way to make us have a great holiday!

We woke to the most stunning view of Taormina's coast line! The balcony was very spacious and a delight to eat breakfast lunch and dinner! We ate in most of the time because the view was too beautiful to leave the apartment! Within the balcony there is a cute swinging chair which overlooks the coastline, table and chairs and plentiful lemon trees flowers and mint plants. Very private balcony - partly shaded and partly in the sun! The apartment being on the top floor allows for a nice breeze during the day! If you look down from the balcony you can see a stadium where football matches occur most nights which is lovely to watch.

The apartment itself has everything you need! Good air conditioning, television, DVD player, large storage space, comfortable bed, clean shower, everything you need to cook and eat in !

The apartment is about a 5 minute walk to the town centre, cable car and bus terminal! Markets are close by and the beach Isola Bella is about 20 minute walk downstairs or you can get the cable care for about 6 euro which runs every 15 minutes. The walk down is beautiful! Very scenic! Coming back up is difficult tho! The restaurant beside the cable car - Bella Blu has AMAZING pizza! You can take it out if you wish. Two big pizzas for 15 euro!
The restaurants even in the town are decently priced and the food is amazing!

I would advise to visit Isola Bella beach, Alcantara gorges and Mount Etna - the most beautiful natural sites of Taormina! Do not take citybus tours! The etna / interbus is much much faster and a lot cheaper!

Overall this has been the best holiday for my partner and I! The beautiful views and the balcony of this apartment was just unbelievable and the hospitality from Giovanni was fantastic!

Thank you Giovanni for an amazing stay!
Hope to come back in the near future!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The balcony and the views!
Liked least: Nothing
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing