“Lovely Dinner”

Ranked #4 of 304 Restaurants in Taormina
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romantic restaurant with indoor heated pool and outdoor terrace with a spectacular view on Isola Bella.
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stumble upon this place while out walking. It was so lovely and the staff were notibly kind and attentive (something that we have come to appreciate in our travels as it is not always a given). We were treated to a complimentary soup puree (did not catch the name of the dish) which was enjoyable followed by our antipasti and main dishes which were all beautifully presented and tasty. I've seen other reviews saying that you can get better food elsewhere that costs much less but I have not come across that so far in our travels in Italy. My husband and I thought the cost was very reasonable for the quality of food and service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Made an effort to get to this restaurant (a 15euro taxi ride from Taormina) based on its trip advisor rating (3rd in Taormina the day we checked). Went as a couple with a one year old. The setting is beautiful (although a busy road in front of the terrace) and the staff were very nice and attentive to us and our baby.
The food however was just very disappointing. It was not fine dining and not even good Italian cooking. We had two pasta dishes and shared one meat dish and had one bottle of wine and it was 140euros. Very expensive for what was at best mediocre food. The pasta was very heavy the sauce lacking in flavour. The beef fillet was very dry and also lacking in flavour.
Overall very disappointed as this was our big treat to have in Taormina. If money is no object then maybe give it a go but I expected a lot more quality considering the price.

2  Thank frances791
Reviewed September 5, 2017

We had dinner at this establishment back in June 2017. We decided on this restaurant last minute based on other tripadvisor reviews. It exceeded our expectations. The atmosphere was romantic and picturesque. The view from the courtyard looking out towards the sea was amazing. The building itself looks like a mini castle.The wait staff was knowledgeable and so very kind. In particular, the female sommelier recommended a wonderful bottle of wine for our dinner. We called and made reservations over the phone. The funny part of our visit was that we went to the B&B thinking it was the entrance to the restaurant. The lady there spoke no English. We spent about 10 minutes trying to find our reservation. After a couple of phone calls for the B&B keepter, we finally figured out that the entrance to the restaurant was outside.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

We were amazed by the beautiful atmosphere and great service. Gabriela, the sommelier, was lovely and helped us pick out a wonderful wine. The smell of jasmine in the air, flowers everywhere , a gorgeous stone patio only added to our delicious meal. I had linguini with prawns in fresh tomato sauce and my husband had ravioli w grouper. Bravo! Bravissimo!

...the only thing I would change (not the restaurants fault), I would book a reservation earlier to see the wonderful view of Isola Bela. We went at 9pm, still nice but dark w a few lights.

1  Thank Andreia R
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

We sat outside in a stunning courtyard full of beautiful smelling flowers with views of the sea.

The service was incredible and the food was delicious. We had three courses. Highlights included a seafood platter, the prawn risotto and steak. The wine was amazing; recommended by the waitress who came over to advise us.

It's the most expensive place we have eaten in Taormina by far but well worth the money. We are going back again on our last night here and can't wait!

1  Thank Michelle W