“Delicious Cannoli - Fantatsic owner Roberto”

Laboratorio Pasticceria Roberto
Ranked #1 of 6 Bakeries in Taormina
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 20, 2017

I was here in July 2017 coming quite frequently to Taormina from Sydney, Australia.
I must say that the cannoli here are unbelievable. Fresh and delicious at any hour you go. Service is quick and the cannoli are pumped fresh in front of your eyes.

Then there is the owner Roberto - What a legendary man. No matter how packed the shop is he always makes time for a chat and never makes you feel like just a number.
Lovely guy.

Highly recommend Laboratorio Pasticceria Roberto to everyone, whether you're in Taormina for 10 mins or 10 days you just have to go!

2  Thank Giovanni D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed December 19, 2017

I don't like cannoli's. Or, i thought I didn't like them. Turns out I do, but only from here. These cannolis were amazing. So fresh. Roberto didn't even want us to take them to go because he didn't want someone to taste them when they weren't fresh. Such a cute place.

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Three of us called in for takeaway cannoli. They were the best we had in our week in Sicily and only 2 Euro!
Well worth a visit to the back streets!

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Best cannoli ever and we have had some good ones in Little Italy in NY. The shells are filled as you wait and they are so crisp, but don't fall apart when you bite into it. Cannoli cream is just right not too sweet. My mouth is watering as I describe this pastry

1  Thank Marie R
Reviewed October 10, 2017

We were walking around very pretty (but also very busy) Taormina. We just came from Calabria, where we had some of the best pastries and cookies we've ever tasted.

The products here looked good as well. So we bought some cookies and sweets (tried some of the sweets before buying).

The cookies (pistachio, amaretti and others) were just ok. Nothing close to the ones from Nicotera in Calabria. And the sweets (chocolate covered almonds etc.) were nothing like the ones we got for a free sample beforehand. Not sure they weren't as fresh or just not the same at all.

It's nothing really bad. Stuff really looks good and tasty. But in the end the taste doesn't live up to the look. Should've gone for Cannoli I guess.

Wanna know more about me and my trips? Check my profile.