“Decent place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2018

The food was nothing special, but you can't say it's not tasty. Reasonable prices and good service.
What's good about the place is that it's not overpriced like the rest of the establishments around.
Great view over the sea.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

We were visiting Taormina, Sicily in November with a tour group and we were on our own one ngiht for dinner. We stopped at this cafe right off of the main plaza for a light dinner. The serving sizes were just right, not too big.

My son said the lasagna was delicious, I had minestrone soup and Caprese salad, tomatoes in Sicily were scrumptious. My husband was quite pleased with the veal and mushroom dish he ordered and my other son had shrimp gnocchi which was quite good. Prices were right, but there is a service fee charged on top of the meal, which is not the tip.

It was a bit chilly so I ordered hot chocolate, beware, it is thick like drinking pudding that hasn't quite set, next time I'll order coffee with it and mix the two to make my own mocha, or hot milk to thin it. The tiramisu was the real thing. The waitstaff was friendly and spoke English well.

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Spent a week in Sicily. Our last stop was Taormina. This outdoor restaurant was lovely. Portions are big but save room for dessert.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

This little patisserie is well located right on the main square, it is part of a larger restaurant next door and it did look inviting. Sadly the service left us feeling totally unwelcome. The young lady who served us was very sharp with me when I was trying to be polite and ask in Italian for our order. She really couldn't be bothered and just wanted to get rid of us quickly. I could understand if the shop was busy, but there was no one else in there.
We had cannoli, one chocolate and one pistachio, both were stale with very little filling.
We pasted by this shop many times during our holiday and it seemed to be an ongoing issue with service. The staff just don't seem interested at all.
Besides there are much nicer places selling cannoli at better prices further down the street. . . Don't bother with this one.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

This place has great location, being directly at most prominent pedestrian street and on a very famous square.
However, apart from location, everything else is average. Not included prices, which are on a high side.
However, location is superb and maybe worth to overlook everything else. Especially if you get nice outdoor sitting like we did.