“A culinary delight”

Ranked #4 of 305 Restaurants in Taormina
Price range: US$57 - US$102
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ristorante con cucina siciliana ,nazionale ed intenazionale con più di 800 etichetta da tutto il mondo
Reviewed August 2, 2016

This was our favourite restaurant in Taormina, so good we had to go again on our last evening for fear of missing out! Set in a quaint little street, the service is impeccable, especially from the young lady who runs the establishment - she made excellent recommendations, especially for the wine, which was superb. Our favourite dishes were the parmigiana and the tuna tartare with burrata cream - absolute taste sensation. Will definitely be the first place I book when we return to Taormina!!

2  Thank Jessica C

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

We arrived without a reservation but a nice waiter managed to arrange a table for three. We chose smoked salmon as a starter and it was simply georgeous. For the main course my wife had the salmon and me and my son had the lamb. Again it tasted really really good. Among with a very good rose wine the meal was infact complete. But we had to taste the dessert, and was not disapointed at all. A very nice staff made our meal complete, and it is by fare my best meal in italy ever. Strongly recommendable!!! Thank you!

1  Thank Espen H
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

Went to this restaurant in the basis of some excellent reviews on here. Sadly found it rather disappointing. My main course of lamb was good well cooked and nicely presented but nothing outstanding. My wife had the salmon from the specials bird and it was small dry and unappetising. Service throughout was poor and arrogant. We have no plans to return there are far better restaurants in Taormina.

2  Thank Tim B
Reviewed July 20, 2016

We had a quick dinner here as unfortunately we food not book and the restaurant was fully booked. As they had a table empty for 1.5 hrs, they kindly gave us a choice - and we are glad we took the table. I think they only do 1 cover a night, so do book in advance (don't let the empty tables at 7pm fool you).

My starter of grilled octopus on potatoes puree was fantastic. It was tender and tasty. Much better then sea food specialist we've eaten in Palermo. I'm not sure why but the complimentary artisan bread was brought our with the starter, I assume owing to the short time we've had. My main of pasta Nero do Seppia was great too. Al Dante pasta, not fishy at all.

Good selection of local and international wines, although a bit on an extensive side (min 20EUR). The waiters were attentive and accommodating, changing the wine when we found impurities.

I was slightly annoyed with cover charge for our 4 years old. Most places we've eaten in Sicily did not charge for small child, especially when the complimentary bread was for 2 people.

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

We visited Sicily on vacation with friends. This restaurant is a very good choice, right in the center of Taormina. We're there for dinner and we choose each one a different type of pasta. Mine was macaroni with lamb ragu. The food was fantastic accompanied by a Nero D'Avola Syrah. Very busy in summer. You better make a reservation.