I started writing the review but had to start all over again because my stay at this B&B was such a fabulous experience that I was going on and on without any end in sight. I will try to keep my review short and sweet and relevant for all future traveling fellows!
I give you two reasons: extremely friendly and knowledgable hosts who speak English very well and more than satisfactory qualities of the room and service, and location, location, location. Okay, that's actually three.
I won't say much about the hosts or the room or the service because they were all excellent. There was nothing missing that I needed. The breakfast is simple but chatting away with the hosts (mine were Riccardo and Lavinia) over a fresh cup of cappuccino really sets your mood for the day for good.
The inn is located just north of the river, one bridge over to the east of famous Ponte Vecchio bridge. Very close to Uffizi. Great local dining places, gelato parlors, and bars (in an Italian sense) and bars (what I think here in LA) are literally a minute or two away. It took me about 20 minutes to walk south-westward to the B&B from the train station, cutting diagonally across the historic center of Florence on the map. Once you learn the lay of the land, which is not difficult because the city is so compact, it feels like about 10 minutes to walk to the train station.
The bottom line: you won't be disappointed.
Oh and one last thing. WiFi (I use Mac and iPhone) was a godsend for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for clean, warm, friendly hospitality and personal service the Casa dei Tintori B&B in Florence, Italy is your answer.Casa dei Tintori is a careful and accurate restoration of a 13th Century building in the historic center of the city.While retaining its Medieval charm, the Bed and Breakfast is equipped with all the modern amenities, including air-conditioning, heating, private bathrooms with showers, TVs and a free fast Internet computer that enables guests to keep in touch with family and friends back home.Each of the five private guest rooms is decorated in period furniture and fabrics in patterns and colors derived from the Florentine tradition of Medieval textile dyers.Casa dei Tintori is located in a quiet, residential and very safe neighborhood with a variety of charming shops, good restaurants, and “ gelato “ stores that make life worth living.This central B&B in Florence is only a short walk from famous landmarks like the Uffizi Museum, the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens, the Ponte Vecchio which spans the Arno river, Santa Croce, Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo and many more.If that's not enough, there are famous statues, monuments and art galleries everywhere you look.There are, of course, high fashion stores, artisan and leather shops, open air markets and more restaurants than one can count.The Medieval building has an interesting history. Eight centuries ago it was a dyers' house, a large wool weaving and textile dying workshop. In fact thedistrict originally teemed with similar craft workshops under the aegis of "Arte dei Tintori" (Art of the Dyers).With the friendly help of your hosts, Alfredo and Valeria, the B&B Casa dei Tintori in Florence, Italy can truly be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your B&B La Casa dei Tintori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b La Casa Dei Tintori Hotel Florence
- Bed And Breakfast La Casa Dei Tintori