This was the best B&B on my whole trip. I stayed five nights in the Yellow Room, making it my home in the city. I couldn't believe how quiet it was at night - not a sound from anywhere - and how ideally located it was - most major sites were a matter of blocks away. With the deep off-season discount, I felt like I had won the lottery. The bed was comfortable (they could use some lighter blankets for warmer weather), the shower was downright spacious by european standards (my elbows didn't bang against the sides!) and everything had a fresh, newer quality, while not forgoing some nice character (just as charming as it looks on the website). All the travel practicalities were considered: lights/plugs where you'd want them, hangers/hooks, good towels, soaps, hair dryer, wifi. The mirror in the bath is a tad high, so a full-length one would be a welcome addition to the room, say, in the armoire. The breakfast was standard with good quality items. Riccardo was extremely good-natured and helpful with info about the city, making a reservation at the perfect place for dinner on my first night and sending me to wine bars and lunch spots worth knowing about. This is a true B&B and should be considered when making reservations, checking in, etc. I was told the owner (who was out-of town, which in no way lessened the level of hospitality) is an architect and that is reflected in the great attention to detail everywhere. I will always stay at Casa dei Tintori when I am in Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for clean, warm, friendly hospitality and personal service the Casa dei Tintori B&B in Florence, Italy is your answer.Casa dei Tintori is a careful and accurate restoration of a 13th Century building in the historic center of the city.While retaining its Medieval charm, the Bed and Breakfast is equipped with all the modern amenities, including air-conditioning, heating, private bathrooms with showers, TVs and a free fast Internet computer that enables guests to keep in touch with family and friends back home.Each of the five private guest rooms is decorated in period furniture and fabrics in patterns and colors derived from the Florentine tradition of Medieval textile dyers.Casa dei Tintori is located in a quiet, residential and very safe neighborhood with a variety of charming shops, good restaurants, and “ gelato “ stores that make life worth living.This central B&B in Florence is only a short walk from famous landmarks like the Uffizi Museum, the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens, the Ponte Vecchio which spans the Arno river, Santa Croce, Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo and many more.If that's not enough, there are famous statues, monuments and art galleries everywhere you look.There are, of course, high fashion stores, artisan and leather shops, open air markets and more restaurants than one can count.The Medieval building has an interesting history. Eight centuries ago it was a dyers' house, a large wool weaving and textile dying workshop. In fact thedistrict originally teemed with similar craft workshops under the aegis of "Arte dei Tintori" (Art of the Dyers).With the friendly help of your hosts, Alfredo and Valeria, the B&B Casa dei Tintori in Florence, Italy can truly be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your B&B La Casa dei Tintori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b La Casa Dei Tintori Hotel Florence
- Bed And Breakfast La Casa Dei Tintori