“A quiet retreat in the heart of Florence”

and 1 more site!
B&B La Casa dei Tintori
Ranked #7 of 662 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was the best B&B on my whole trip. I stayed five nights in the Yellow Room, making it my home in the city. I couldn't believe how quiet it was at night - not a sound from anywhere - and how ideally located it was - most major sites were a matter of blocks away. With the deep off-season discount, I felt like I had won the lottery. The bed was comfortable (they could use some lighter blankets for warmer weather), the shower was downright spacious by european standards (my elbows didn't bang against the sides!) and everything had a fresh, newer quality, while not forgoing some nice character (just as charming as it looks on the website). All the travel practicalities were considered: lights/plugs where you'd want them, hangers/hooks, good towels, soaps, hair dryer, wifi. The mirror in the bath is a tad high, so a full-length one would be a welcome addition to the room, say, in the armoire. The breakfast was standard with good quality items. Riccardo was extremely good-natured and helpful with info about the city, making a reservation at the perfect place for dinner on my first night and sending me to wine bars and lunch spots worth knowing about. This is a true B&B and should be considered when making reservations, checking in, etc. I was told the owner (who was out-of town, which in no way lessened the level of hospitality) is an architect and that is reflected in the great attention to detail everywhere. I will always stay at Casa dei Tintori when I am in Florence.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed for five nights in one of the new rooms at this B&B. It is amazing how it is so centrally located and so quiet at the same time! You can walk to all the museums and sites from here, which made it possible for us to hang out in the piazzas till late at night enjoying the local musicians who play there.

The new rooms are very well maintained, and come well-equipped. The room was very large, and very clean. The Wifi works well, and what you can't find online about Florence, the B&B owners are always ready to help with. They also helped us make reservations at a couple of museums and gave us ideas of road trips. The bus from the train station stops right outside the B&B, but you could also walk there in 15 minutes or so through the historic center.

With such great location, wonderful hosts, and good rooms, we are certainly going to make it our base again for our next trip.

Room Tip: We loved our room which was at the end of the apartment of "new rooms". It is large, quiet...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Casa Tintori was in a great location for us, just a stones throw to all the museums we had on our shortlist. It was fabulous to be in the centre without the street noise (as our room was on the courtyard). Ricardo and Lavinia were very welcoming, and everything in the room worked!
The breakfast was leisurely and generous .. couldn't have asked for better! We had a wonderful weekend. Tip for a great restaurant.. degustation of seafood... Cenacola del Pescatore.. book!

Room Tip: The yellow room was lovely if a little small. Very cosy and welcoming!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui P
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I started writing the review but had to start all over again because my stay at this B&B was such a fabulous experience that I was going on and on without any end in sight. I will try to keep my review short and sweet and relevant for all future traveling fellows!

I give you two reasons: extremely friendly and knowledgable hosts who speak English very well and more than satisfactory qualities of the room and service, and location, location, location. Okay, that's actually three.

I won't say much about the hosts or the room or the service because they were all excellent. There was nothing missing that I needed. The breakfast is simple but chatting away with the hosts (mine were Riccardo and Lavinia) over a fresh cup of cappuccino really sets your mood for the day for good.

The inn is located just north of the river, one bridge over to the east of famous Ponte Vecchio bridge. Very close to Uffizi. Great local dining places, gelato parlors, and bars (in an Italian sense) and bars (what I think here in LA) are literally a minute or two away. It took me about 20 minutes to walk south-westward to the B&B from the train station, cutting diagonally across the historic center of Florence on the map. Once you learn the lay of the land, which is not difficult because the city is so compact, it feels like about 10 minutes to walk to the train station.

The bottom line: you won't be disappointed.

Oh and one last thing. WiFi (I use Mac and iPhone) was a godsend for me!

Room Tip: If you are overly sensitive to the sound or noise from other rooms or guests, bring a pair of earplu...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank motoooo
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was my second time staying at Casa dei Tintori. My first time was for 5 nights in Oct 2009 and I stayed in the blue room.I was so happy to return because of the wonderful experience my first time round. This time we were a family of four and we stayed again for 5 nights. My husband and I had the Indigo room and our adult children were in the Blue room. Alfredo, Valeria and Riccardo were again very hospitable, helpful and always charming. We enjoyed the lovely breakfast that Valeria so lovingly prepared for us. Our rooms and bathrooms were beautifully kept,very clean and very comfortable. We were treated like family.Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts, they were always ready to help with anything we needed eg restaurant recommendations and bookings. Free Wifi and use of the computer in the lobby is very helpful.
The location is excellent, close to lots of things. We walked everywhere. Great restaurants close by, mini supermarket across the road.
Thank you Alfredo, Valeria and Riccardo for making our stay so wonderful, cosy and memorable. You made us feel so welcome and at home.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sessi
Reviewed 12 January 2012

my husband and i honeymooned in italy in Sept and florence was one of our favorite cities. this b&b was absolutely perfect!! the location was AMAZING. it is perfectly located right near the arno river so you can explore outside the city and everywhere within. nothing takes more than a 20 min walk (and that's if you are walking all the way across the city). alfredo is so nice and willing to do whatever he can to help you enjoy your time in florence. we stayed in the "new room" which is separate from the main house, but we loved it. the room was spacious and it was wonderful to have a kitchen to use.

i highly recommend staying here. the price is great, the location is perfect... what more could you ask for?!

Room Tip: loved the "new room." separate from main house. kitchen to use and keep groceries.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stacia b
Reviewed 11 December 2011

At the risk of not being able to book a room the next time we go to Florence, I have to say that La Casa dei Tintori is a real jewel!!! This is our third visit there and just like on our first visit, we were welcomed with open arms. Riccardo enthusiastically brought our bags up to the room and as we enter, we were greeted by the warm smiles of Alfredo, Valeria and Lavinia!!! They are such warm and gracious hosts, responsive to our every question! We LOVE the YELLOW room although we can see that the others are beautiful as well. We slept like rocks -the room faces a courtyard so no street noise. The bathroom is brand new, the breakfast yummy. I have to confess that we got up a bit late on this trip and Valeria very happily made us coffee at 10 AM!!!

For someone like me who has been to Florence perhaps a hundred times, this is a superb location, a gorgeous little inn and as mentioned in the title - a real home away from home.

Thank you to the Ingegno family and to Riccardo!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: They are all charming as you'll see from the photos on their website!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple