“Fantastic find - highly recommended!”
Review of B&B Le Seggiole

B&B Le Seggiole
Ranked #350 of 640 Florence B&B and Inns
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Fantastic find - highly recommended!”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at Le Seggiole in April 2011 for about a week, and we enjoyed every minute of our stay at this B&B. Ulrika and Fabio were gracious and kind hosts. Ulrika had a simple but lovely breakfast waiting for us every morning (cereal, toast, yogurt, tea, coffee). The location is fantastic - 15 minute walk tops to all the sites. The rooms were simple but very comfortable, the bathrooms were fully equipped, and there was free wifi. If and when I come back to Florence, I will certainly be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Driedfigs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a very reasonably priced, centrally located and very well run place to stay. The staff are particualrly friendly, helpful and informative. The guesthouse entry is on a little lane way and you need to eb abel to lift your bags (no lifts). Very happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Love this little cozy B&B!! The location is wonderful, you can always drop back "home" when you are too tire and will not feel guilty about wasting your time as this B&B is so close to everything!!(This is so important for Firenze as there are so mush walking and shopping to do) We have quite a bit of luggage with us and still find it very manageable walking to the train station (walking distance: 15 minutes, walking distance will bunch of luggage: 30 minutes). The room is very clean, WIFI signal is strong, Ulrika is just wonderful, she is very helpful, friendly and she welcomes you with all of her heart. I will stay at Le Seggiole when I go back to Firenze again! (will secure a room way in advance as there are not a lot of rooms in this cozy little B&B)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank siu_sim
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Very centrally located, clean and comfortable; about a 15 minutes nice and entertaining walk from train station; as another review mentioned, the entrance is a little dark, but the rooms are fine. No lift, so not for those that have a hard time climbing stairs, specially with luggage; breakfast was good with great capuccino; and young and supernice Ulrika is a great hostess; very informative and helpful and she makes your stay there memorable. Thank you, Ulrika.

Room Tip: try to get a room in the back away from the main street
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gilda
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stayed with my mom for 3 nights in Le Seggiole. Its a little far from the train station (about a 15 min walk across cobblestone streets with luggage), but doable. Its also a 2 story walk up, so be prepared for that. The entryway is dark and forbidding, but the rooms themselves are bright enough. The B&B is actually an apartment turned into a B&B, so the bedrooms lead off the dining room (where everyone sits at a single table for breakfast) or off the hallway. The kitchen is used to prepare breakfast of coffee/tea/hot chocolate, orange juice, yogurt, and toast/bread w jam. We had 2 separate beds, which was perfect for us, and the beds were fairly firm, but not uncomfortable. The bathroom had a small shower, with decent water pressure. It did take a long time for the water to get hot, but once it did, it was okay. The location is very central, just a few blocks to the major attractions, restaurants and cafes. Ulrika was especially helpful in identifying neat spots not typically found by wandering tourists. On our last day, after we checked out, she called immediately when she realized we had left something behind, so soon that it was easy enough for me to turn around and pick up my things! Also this hotel is just off the main thoroughfares with no shops or restaurants on it, so its pretty quiet at all hours. The only noise came from our B&B neighbors who we heard entering and leaving the apartment.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I can't say enough good things about Le Seggiole. Fabio and Ulrika were some of the kindest hosts I encountered. He gave me a map of Florence and recommended some great local restaurants, and Ulrika was so helpful and kind when I twisted my ankle on the old cobblestone streets of Florence and I needed to find a Farmacia for meds and call a cab to get to the train station. The B&B itself was clean, nicely kept and breakfast was more than just the standard cellophane wrapped baked goods I'd come to expect from other B&B's: Instead they included fresh juice, coffee, toast, jams, pastries, cereal, rolls and butter. Perfect location - minutes from the Duomo and I could get anywhere I wanted to in Florence in 20 minutes or less. I would absolutely recommend to a friend and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank monkeypants17
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 November 2011

All I can say is that if you want a truly authentic Firenze experience & not looking to break the bank then this is the place for you. Close to everything in the entire city, helpful guidance from Ulrika and a very helpful hand altered map we were well on our way to a great stay. The room was very nice, clean, comfortable & our very first bed where the beds didn't split apart. The breakfast is just like any you might get in a US hotel, and was adequate for our needs. GREAT PLACE...GREAT VALUE...! ;)

P.S. Thank you Ulrika & Fabio

D&J

Room Tip: E-Mail Ulrika and simply ask!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple