2,826 results
All reviews turkish bath booked a private room big hostel swimming pool train station laundry room bunk beds person room air con rooftop terrace enjoyed my stay late at night triple room min walk main attractions happy hour sauna
Reviewed July 30, 2016

This is an ok place to stay, but I would not consider it a hostel. It is somewhere between hostel and a cheap tour bus hotel.

1.) The place is huge and reminds me of the type of places you would go to in Florida on Spring Break. Crazy number of tour buses coming in for one night only.
2.) Decent food and bar setting in the downstairs restaurant. There is no kitchen or refrigerators in the room so you end up eating in the restaurant a lot.
3.) Rooms are not quaint in any way, shape, or form. Just your basic utilitarian room.
4.) Not a good place to meet people so not great for the solo traveler. I would try to find a smaller hostel.
5.) Location is pretty good, within about 1/2 mile of the main train station.
6.) Somewhat difficult to navigate in Florence sometimes. Roads meander everywhere.
7.) Can take a day trip to Rome or Pisa very easily. San Marino is too far.
8.) Highly recommend doing the Italian Cooking class. It was the highlight of the trip. Museums get very boring very easily and there were a lot of cute women in that class. Also the food we made that day was the best I had in Italy.
9.) Service at the hostel was good but there was always a huge line. IF you are patient, the people at the desk will eventually get to you. Everything is clean.
10.) Spend more time in Florence than Rome. Rome is crowded and annoying.
11.) Grocery stores are not easy to find in this city and seem to be small. Basically I ate restaurant food a lot.

Room Tip: I doubt if there are bad rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Plus F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Plus Florence, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2016

Dear guest, thanks for your detailed review that will certainly help other travellers in their choice. Plus Florence has several type of rooms suitable for solo travellers, couples, groups but also families and business clientele so that every guest can choose the best for him based on his budget. Recently, we've open a new common room, with a fridge, a kettle, microwaves, TV, vending machines and cutlery to use, where guests can relax and they are not obliged to eat at the restaurant. We are working a lot on realizing a good and positive vibe by organizing party and bringing together our guests and they're having fun, so far.
Florence is the typical italian town of medieval origins with tight alleys and old buildings, but is appreciated worldwide for this reason.
I am sorry if museums bored you, however the city offers much more in terms of entertainment and leisure; for certain, peculiarity of Italian and European cities are art, history and culture.

Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

This hostel was in a really good location, situated just a 10 minute walk away from the station and not too far away from Florence's main attractions. It had a few bars, including a poolside bar, and roof top bar, with events going on every day and a happy hour every evening. The hostel provided nice cheap food other than the breakfast that wasnt really worth the 7 euros. The rooms were nice, the shower was amazing and the air con was really good but sometimes we were too cold on a night.
There was an issue with some plug adapters as some wouldn't fit as they were too big. We also had a problem with the key card for the door, it was very temperamental and everybody ended up having to ring the door bell because their keys wouldn't work which got quite annoying especially late at night when you're trying to sleep.
All in all, the hostel is really nice. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Caitlin, thanks for sharing your opinion. I am happy that you definitively loved your stay at Plus Florence and enjoyed our facilities. The pool is a must during the hot summer season and a fresh cocktail can recover after a long day walking up and down the city. I am sorry for the key issue, they are convenient but sometimes could create some trouble because they have a chip inside that could be deactiveted by metal detector or shoplifting control systems, I apologize for this unconvenient.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

This hostel is huge and has a really safe feeling. We used a double room and it has the same facilities and standards as a hotel. Clean and nice but if course with a hostel feeling. Pool area looks nice but we did not use it.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Lucas, thanks for sharing your comment. I am happy to read that everything was pleasant during your stay! Thanks for visiting us and hope you could come back in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Really awesome and good outside bar and pool ... surprised me honestly!! Staff is friendly and they offer alot of options within the hostel itself! Beds are uncomfortable and the AC is kind of not too good but everything else including the food is good!! Has a mini gym room too with treadmills

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shannon D
Plus F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Plus Florence, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Dear Shannon, thank you very much for sharing your opinion. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your holiday at Plus Florence! I apologize about the aircon problem, it would be great if you could contact us in order to know which room did you stay in so that we can check the system!
Thanks for visiting us
best regards

Reviewed July 26, 2016

I was booked here as part of a group and had feared the worst, when I heard the word 'hostel'! But, I needn't have worried, as they evidently have rooms to suit a variety of budgets and needs. My wife and I had a very comfortable and quiet double room, better, we thought, than most chain hotels. The breakfast buffet is good and varied, the bar is cheap, the views from the fifth-floor terrace are fantastic, and the staff are some of the most helpful I've met.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Plus F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Plus Florence, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Dear guest, I read your comment with great pleasure. I am so happy that you changed your mind about hostels and that you enjoyed your time at Plus Florence.
A special thanks from all the staff and hope to see you again at Plus Florence!