All reviewstrain stationminute walkwalked everywheremarcellaaccademia
Reviewed June 25, 2016

Casa Rabatti was like staying with our warm, welcoming Italian grandma. Marcella was kind and helpful and her rooms a peaceful, quiet haven amid the noise of Florence. We joined a tour group later in our trip and stayed in a four-star hotel. I wish we'd stay with Marcella instead.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2016

The location is great, minutes from the train station, Duomo and Mercato Centrale. Walking distance to everything except possibly the Uffizzi. Bedrooms and bathrooms are large and she irons the sheets! Everything is basic but is spotless. As other reviewers have noted, Marcella is the difference. So friendly and welcoming, she does make you feel like you are part of her family. She fixed us tea and cookies both nights, told us about the wonderful Mercato Centrale and good places for dinner too. As our Italian was non-existent and her English limited she pulled out her English-Italian dictionary and we were able to spend several hours communicating. Spending time with Marcella was one of the highlights of our trip to beautiful Italy!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2015

Mamma Marcella is an adorable lady, friendly, funny and very hospitable. She made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. Will definitely stay there next time I visit Florence. This place has a great location because it is walking distance to the Cathedral and city center.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2015

Marcella is very accommodating and super nice! Her English is not that great but it's enough to get by and she is so helpful. Upon our arrival she had a map of Florence for us to use and keep. My wife and I told Marcella we were going to travel to Siena for a day trip and she told us about events going on and tips for transport.
I was having lower back pain and Marcella offered me aspirin and continuously checked up on me to be sure I was feeling better.
Amazing location. Very central to sites and very close to the S M Novella station.

The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because the beds were not too comfortable. If you do not have a sensitive back then consider this a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: Only one room has it's own bathroom. The remaining 3 bedrooms are shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2015

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon in Italy. Our first stop was Florence, and we stayed at Casa Rabatti. All I can say is that we will come back to Casa Rabatti again and again and again when are visiting Florence. Marcella is incredibly kind and welcoming. We were her only guests at the time, and after we picked our room, she offered us some Chianti that her daughter had bought for her, which we shared with her in her kitchen. Our room was simple and quaint, but very comfortable. And the price was perfect. Only 60 euro for the room with bathroom en suite. Upon our departure, Marcella offered caffe, which we eagerly shared with her before we were off to the train station. Our only regret was not spending more time with Marcella to learn more about her, her family, and Florence. This is an absolutely wonderful place to stay. Please note that if you're looking for all the frills of an American hotel, this is not for you. Marcella speaks little English, but between the English she does know and basic signing and gestures, it is quite easy to communicate. For an authentic Florentine experience, look no further.

Room Tip: Beware that Marcella only takes reservations two months in advance. If you are her only guests, she will give you the pick of the rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple