“We will always come back to this 4 Star hospitality experience in the heart of Florence.”
Review of Casa Rabatti

Casa Rabatti
Ranked #246 of 658 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Once again, my wife and I stayed in the outstanding and newly renovated property of Casa Rabatti (mid budget) on the ground floor. Several room types and sizes are available and they are facing the very quiet, private garden, which is well kept. We love this place and highly recommend it for couples and small families. Marcella will look after you with a warm and friendly attitude and she speaks basic English to get you sorted in the morning. For us, it always feels like home here and the property is conveniently located 10-15 (max.) walking minutes away from key places like (e.g.) the historical city center or the train station. Segway and rental bikes/cars are available nearby for those who prefer a faster commute around town. Make sure you book museum visits, etc. well ahead to safe your precious holiday time in beautiful Florence.

Room Tip: Property offers low to mid budget rooms, quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I stayed with Mamma Marcella again for the second time. I love staying at her place because she really make you feel welcome. Staying here means staying at a home, more than just a B&B or a hotel. There is no air conditioning, however, the fans work great and the rooms are not hot, it is possible to spend a pleasant night even though is hot outside. It is definitely a 10 minute walk from the Duomo, trust me, I time it! Marcella is very respectful and though she has limited English speaking skills she understands very well, so she is able to provide you with what you need, when you ask her. If there are extra beds in the room you are staying she would cover them, Marcella washes and irons the bed sheets so it makes sense that if you only need one bed and there are more in the room you are staying that she covers them. If you really want the home-Italian experience I totally recommend her home.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Azalia F
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Marcella is quite charming and the rooms are large at this B&B. There is no air conditioning but we had fans that worked fine. My only complaint was the location. It was not in the best area of town and although some others say it is in a central location, it really was quite a walk even to the Duomo (in the heat of June with millions of people). I have been to Florence many times but this was the first time I did not enjoy it. The flood of people was unbelievable and made it impossible to get reservations for any museums without at least a week's notice so if you wanted to get in, you had to stand in line for 3 hours or hire a tour guide. The location of the B&B just added to the overall bad experience. Next time I will go in September as we normally do. One other note. Marcella was very upset with our friends who rented the largest room with an en suite because my friend chose to sleep in a separate bed from her husband. That meant that Marcella had to wash the sheets on the second bed. She made it well known to everyone how unhappy she was although I was the only one who completely understood her because I speak Italian. I can understand that would upset an 80 "something" lady who is trying to run this on her own but as Americans, we think that if we rent a room, we rent the whole room. Just a warning for those who wish to stay here...don't think like an American!

Room Tip: If you want your own bathroom, you will have to specify the room with the bath.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
marcellaFirenze, Proprietario at Casa Rabatti, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2016

Dear Ms. Susan,
First and foremost we would like to thank you and your family for staying at Casa Rabatti in June 2016. Your review on Tripadvisor is highly appreciated as we contiously strive to enhance our customers experience and satisfaction.
We are sorry to learn that you had one complaint regarding the location of our premises in relation to walking distances to the Duomo Cathedral, the Michelangelo David and the Central Train Station which are 8 to 10 walking minutes away from our location.
Rest assured that our experience with American and other International guests dates back to almost 30 years ago. Since we have never received any complaint about walking distances to key areas of interest from our esteemed guests we have not considered infroming you accordingly.
Once again we would like to thank you for your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family and friends again at Casa Rabatti in the near future.

Kind regards

Marcella Rabatti

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Casa Rabatti was like staying with our warm, welcoming Italian grandma. Marcella was kind and helpful and her rooms a peaceful, quiet haven amid the noise of Florence. We joined a tour group later in our trip and stayed in a four-star hotel. I wish we'd stay with Marcella instead.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2016

The location is great, minutes from the train station, Duomo and Mercato Centrale. Walking distance to everything except possibly the Uffizzi. Bedrooms and bathrooms are large and she irons the sheets! Everything is basic but is spotless. As other reviewers have noted, Marcella is the difference. So friendly and welcoming, she does make you feel like you are part of her family. She fixed us tea and cookies both nights, told us about the wonderful Mercato Centrale and good places for dinner too. As our Italian was non-existent and her English limited she pulled out her English-Italian dictionary and we were able to spend several hours communicating. Spending time with Marcella was one of the highlights of our trip to beautiful Italy!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Mamma Marcella is an adorable lady, friendly, funny and very hospitable. She made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. Will definitely stay there next time I visit Florence. This place has a great location because it is walking distance to the Cathedral and city center.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Marcella is very accommodating and super nice! Her English is not that great but it's enough to get by and she is so helpful. Upon our arrival she had a map of Florence for us to use and keep. My wife and I told Marcella we were going to travel to Siena for a day trip and she told us about events going on and tips for transport.
I was having lower back pain and Marcella offered me aspirin and continuously checked up on me to be sure I was feeling better.
Amazing location. Very central to sites and very close to the S M Novella station.

The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because the beds were not too comfortable. If you do not have a sensitive back then consider this a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: Only one room has it's own bathroom. The remaining 3 bedrooms are shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple