All reviews train station minute walk walked everywhere marcella accademia
Reviewed October 17, 2016

Casa Rabatti is owned by the very charming and hospitable Marcella, who warmly welcomes all her guests as if you were a long lost relative. While we were checking in, she offered us coffee or cold water, but when my husband joking said, no thanks, but he'd take a beer instead, she promptly went to the fridge and opened an ice cold large Moretti. We were stunned. When we went to repay the favor plus one extra, she didn't want to accept our gift and it was only after we insisted several times, did she finally relent.

We had a room with a shared bathroom, but we only had to share with one other room and it was not a problem at all. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. Marcella even had fresh flowers in our room upon check-in. There was a mini fridge in the hallway for guests to share.

Marcella truly loves to interact with her guests and we often found guests chatting with her in her kitchen. She is the ultimate Italian grandmother everyone wishes they had. She provided us with excellent directions to the sights as well as grocery stores. Casa Rabatti is within 20 minutes walk of all the major sights, but is a quiet retreat from the crowds. We would definitely stay with Marcella again if we are fortunate enough to visit Florence again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2016

Florence – what a delight to stay at Casa Rabaitti! I felt like I was staying with family. I do not think there is a better location. My daughter and I walked from the train station to Marcella’s genuine welcome. She helped orient ourselves, provided a map and gave us great recommendations. We saw everything and walked everywhere.
The room was very nicely appointed with immaculate cleanness including the bathroom down the hall.
I regret I only have a few Italian words but Marcella somehow made me understand Italian, throwing in some English and gestures. A valued memory is Marcella taking the time to visit with coffee and biscotti cookies she served us.
This was my first trip to Europe. My dream to see David did not disappoint. A statue. Nor Marcella, a true Italian in the flesh.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank car0lseattle
Reviewed September 28, 2016

We had a great two night stay at Casa Rabatti. The large room was basic but spacious, clean, and comfortable. The large bathroom had a full sized bathtub and shower. I had been concerned about the lack of air conditioning but the massive wall to wall ceiling fan kept us cool. The location was very convenient to the train station and walkable to all the Florence sights.
The best reason to stay here, however, is Marcella. We found Casa Rabatti via Rick Steve's guide book which noted that it "is the ultimate if you always wanted a Florentine mama". That's really the experience you'll get. We felt like long lost family coming to visit a dear relative. She really cares about her guests and is eager to provide advice on dining options and local sights. We remember her leaning out the front window and pointing out the right direction to the nearby Accademia after we had started off in the wrong direction. We had great times on our two mornings talking and having coffee and cookies in her kitchen. Marcella is a great communicator even if she only speaks a little English. My basic Spanish helped a bit but mostly Marcella's warm hospitality helps to keep the conversation going. If you speak no Italian but have a dictionary (or an app) you'll do fine. Morning coffee with Marcella was the highlight of my wife's day. If we return to Florence we look forward to staying with Marcella again!

Room Tip: Book well in advance. The room with a bath was well worth the small additional expense.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2016

The room was quiet, huge, clean and comfortable. Perfect for our long days in Florence. Marcella is a charming host and made sure we were well taken care of. We hope to stay with her again soon!
Wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2016

Once again, my wife and I stayed in the outstanding and newly renovated property of Casa Rabatti (mid budget) on the ground floor. Several room types and sizes are available and they are facing the very quiet, private garden, which is well kept. We love this place and highly recommend it for couples and small families. Marcella will look after you with a warm and friendly attitude and she speaks basic English to get you sorted in the morning. For us, it always feels like home here and the property is conveniently located 10-15 (max.) walking minutes away from key places like (e.g.) the historical city center or the train station. Segway and rental bikes/cars are available nearby for those who prefer a faster commute around town. Make sure you book museum visits, etc. well ahead to safe your precious holiday time in beautiful Florence.

Room Tip: Property offers low to mid budget rooms, quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple