“wHAT A WONDWEFUL eXPERIENCE”
Review of Casa Rabatti

Casa Rabatti
Ranked #248 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Only 5 blocks from the train station we could not have found a better place for our needs. Yes it was a low cost place to stay but that made this experience even better. Marcella, the owner was absolutely delightful and knowledgeable. She meet our ever request and need. Although not much English we laughed and visited and enjoyed every moment we shared with her. We walked everywhere not needing any other transportation. You will love the warmth and comfort of this place. We shared an out of room bathroom with one other room and this never became a problem. Our room was large and open so we had plenty of space,

Room Tip: Do not let the price stop you from booking here, everything went well for us
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Staying at a very lovely Bed and Breakfast in Florence. Momma Marcello is about as gracious as they come. Always a smile on her face and non stop talking in Italian. Although 5 out of 6 of us do not understand Italian, we seem to understand what she is saying. I had this compelling feeling to make my bed perfectly and put my clothes away this morning. If I was homesick at all, it's gone for now.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed with Senora Rabatti last Oct 2016 and fell in love! Senora Rabatti is warm, intelligent and extremely hospitable. Her home was immaculate and a short walk from Florence's incredible sights. She offered many great tips on local restaurants and stores. Her home includes a shared bath - but we never bumped into other guests. And she and her daughter are adding additional guest rooms on the first floor with private baths. They have a beautiful garden out back. I highly recommend Casa Rabatti.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom W
Reviewed 2 January 2017

My wife and I stayed with Marcella last June. She was amazing and staying there feels like staying with your Italian grandma. It is centrally located and a short walk to anywhere in Florence. If I went back to Florence I would stay there again! She makes great cafe and the wifi there is fast also.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kyle T
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Casa Rabatti is owned by the very charming and hospitable Marcella, who warmly welcomes all her guests as if you were a long lost relative. While we were checking in, she offered us coffee or cold water, but when my husband joking said, no thanks, but he'd take a beer instead, she promptly went to the fridge and opened an ice cold large Moretti. We were stunned. When we went to repay the favor plus one extra, she didn't want to accept our gift and it was only after we insisted several times, did she finally relent.

We had a room with a shared bathroom, but we only had to share with one other room and it was not a problem at all. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. Marcella even had fresh flowers in our room upon check-in. There was a mini fridge in the hallway for guests to share.

Marcella truly loves to interact with her guests and we often found guests chatting with her in her kitchen. She is the ultimate Italian grandmother everyone wishes they had. She provided us with excellent directions to the sights as well as grocery stores. Casa Rabatti is within 20 minutes walk of all the major sights, but is a quiet retreat from the crowds. We would definitely stay with Marcella again if we are fortunate enough to visit Florence again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Florence – what a delight to stay at Casa Rabaitti! I felt like I was staying with family. I do not think there is a better location. My daughter and I walked from the train station to Marcella’s genuine welcome. She helped orient ourselves, provided a map and gave us great recommendations. We saw everything and walked everywhere.
The room was very nicely appointed with immaculate cleanness including the bathroom down the hall.
I regret I only have a few Italian words but Marcella somehow made me understand Italian, throwing in some English and gestures. A valued memory is Marcella taking the time to visit with coffee and biscotti cookies she served us.
This was my first trip to Europe. My dream to see David did not disappoint. A statue. Nor Marcella, a true Italian in the flesh.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We had a great two night stay at Casa Rabatti. The large room was basic but spacious, clean, and comfortable. The large bathroom had a full sized bathtub and shower. I had been concerned about the lack of air conditioning but the massive wall to wall ceiling fan kept us cool. The location was very convenient to the train station and walkable to all the Florence sights.
The best reason to stay here, however, is Marcella. We found Casa Rabatti via Rick Steve's guide book which noted that it "is the ultimate if you always wanted a Florentine mama". That's really the experience you'll get. We felt like long lost family coming to visit a dear relative. She really cares about her guests and is eager to provide advice on dining options and local sights. We remember her leaning out the front window and pointing out the right direction to the nearby Accademia after we had started off in the wrong direction. We had great times on our two mornings talking and having coffee and cookies in her kitchen. Marcella is a great communicator even if she only speaks a little English. My basic Spanish helped a bit but mostly Marcella's warm hospitality helps to keep the conversation going. If you speak no Italian but have a dictionary (or an app) you'll do fine. Morning coffee with Marcella was the highlight of my wife's day. If we return to Florence we look forward to staying with Marcella again!

Room Tip: Book well in advance. The room with a bath was well worth the small additional expense.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple