Hotel L'Orologio
US$263
US$223
Travelocity
1,388 results
All reviewspiazza santa maria novellabreakfast roomtrain stationgreat locationtop floorbeautiful hotelbuca mariomarble bathroombeautiful piazzaoverlooking the squarehotel barrain showerjunior suitewalking distanceturn down servicebreakfast is servedmajor attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Wonderful hotel. Refreshing experience after a week of small uncomfortable Italian hotels. This was all of 4 stars. Staff helped us book our tours. Bar was great as well as the drinks and complimentary snacks. Breakfast was awesome! Not traditional hard rolls and ham. Rooms looked brand new, comfortable beds. Location is great especially if coming by train.Overall great experience!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Raymart
Reviewed 3 April 2012

If I could give this hotel 3 1/2 stars, I would. I will begin with the positive comments. Very clean, well decorated, fabulous location, gorgeous breakfast room. Breakfast was very very good, and the wait staff were superb. Negatives: Cold employees at front desk. If this were Paris, sure, but In Italy most people are so warm and helpful. The front desk employees are perfunctory. Room very noisy. In the evening, noise from the bar. Loud noise. In the morning, vacuuming the bar at 3 AM.The toilet and bidet overlooked the bar/lounge. Although the bottom 1/2 of the window was frosted with a sheer curtain covering that, it was uncomfortable using the bathroom at night with the light on when you can see and hear people below.The lighting, while lovely, is completely impractical. We practically needed a flashlight in the room. The tub did not drain. It was also a very deep tub with a wide ledge. The two combined made it very hazardous to enter and exit the tub. Even without the standing water, all three of us, a 14 year old, 53 year old and 78 year old had to exercise great caution. After seeing this, I worried my mother might fall. I asked the front desk if they had a room available with a shower only. They told me that tubs in Europe are all this deep. This has not been my experience. They did offer to show me another room. The room they showed me looked like a double which then would then bring a cot into. We would have not even had room for luggage had we taken this room. We were told we had been given an upgrade in the current room...hence, the difference in rooms. Once again, my experience in the past has been that triples have three proper beds, either three singles or a double and one single. The room they showed me was what I have come to know as a double with a cot, not a triple. We opted to stay in the room we were in, and we were told a part needed to be ordered to fix the tub. The tub drained very very slowly during our entire stay. We were in room 114. Additionally, upon checking out, we were presented a bill for the mini bar and hotel bar. Be careful about this. Although we paid cash at the bar we were asked to sign the check. Assuming I was not understanding something, I did so. Another evening we paid cash again and were not asked to sign the bill. We never even opened the minibar. After all this, you may wonder why three stars even? I have stayed in many hotels in Europe, and this hotel was good sized by european standards and very clean, the latter being very important to me. The location cannot be beat. There are several authentic, elicits restaurants in the immediate area. Il Latini....the best!!!!Bed linens were crisp. Maids deserve 5 stars. Waiter in bar delightful. Hence, the mixed review. I hope this helps other travelers.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LoriM528
orologiofirenze, Direttore at Hotel L'Orologio, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Guest,
We refer to your review and we really thank you for your comments that are very helpful to improve our standard and our attitude.
We are sorry for your feeling about our employees and for the problems with your room. We remember well that the day after your check in you asked to change room, because of your mother problems in using a bathtub. We proposed you to move to a triple room with the shower: you saw the room and decided to keep the old one. Please consider also that room 114 was a free upgrade from the room category you originally booked. Unfortunately, during your stay the hotel was fully booked due to a congress and, as we told you, we were not able to show you other rooms until the 4th night of your stay. If we would have known your mother problems before your arrival, we assure you that we would assign a suitable room in order to render the stay as comfortable as possible.
Regarding the bar charge, please note that you clearly signed our internal voucher with your name and room number, therefore the charge was correctly placed on your hotel bill. As you checked out very early in the morning, the night employee at Front Desk could not verify and he decided to take it off.
We apologize if your opinion has been due to a lack of explanation by our Front Desk staff and we really hope that the above may help you to understand.
We remain at your complete disposal for any other information you may need and again we thank you for your positive comments about cleaning and decoration standards.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

An excellent choice. The location´s great and the hotel´s atmosphere is also very good. Room was confortable as well as the luxurious bathroom. Breakfast was excellent and the view from that room was nice. Staff was courteous. The wi-fi service worked ok and the lobby different areas were charming and cozy. A hotel to recommend and to return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Solcito63
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We had a perfect one night stay. We arrived prior to 11:00am and expected to leave our bags with the front desk and head out for a bit, but were pleasantly surprised that our beautiful room was ready for us so early. This hotel is great all around. The bed was comfortable, linens of high quality, room quite large for Italy. The front desk assisted with reservations and even spoke with the restaurant on my behalf regarding my child's severe food allergies. The breakfast was great - eggs and bacon, pastries, cappuccino, juices, fruits...all with a beautiful view of the Santa Maria Novella cathedral and piazza. The location is spectacular for site seeing and proximity to train station....but don't try to avoid because the train station is so close because it is certainly removed from any potentially seedy train station areas. I would have loved to stay longer. We will stay again and have already recommended this hotel to friends and family.

Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank srayburn
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Fantastic location, newly renovated, friendly front desk...and did I mention breakfast? My husband, son and I can't wait to come back. Our room was lovely with crisp linens, a huge window overlooking the square and and plenty of space. The same goes for the sparkling bathroom. The lobby has a beautiful library to one side, perfect for early evening cocktails. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012