1,473 results
All reviews piazza santa maria novella breakfast room train station great location top floor beautiful hotel buca mario marble bathroom beautiful piazza overlooking the square rain shower hotel bar turn down service walking distance major attractions breakfast is served stayed here for nights
Reviewed March 31, 2018

I stayed in Italy for 9 days, my hotel stays in Venice and Rome were excellent, I was hoping for the same in Florence but unfortunately it was a different experience. Most of the front desk staff and hotel location were just fine, the hotel could use some updates, like USB plugs in the rooms. The problem I had was horrible sounds from upstairs starting at 6:30 am, I was staying in the 3rd floor. It sounded like dirty china being put away, and the breakfast room was indeed one floor up. We were very upset as we could not rest as we had planned, so I complained to management. The manager actually met with me and said “she was surprised about the complaint, they had never it before”. She said she would investigate and ended up blaming it on AC repair. They offered anything to make up for the significant inconvenience. To top it off, the day I checked out, I told the front desk person that my transportation to the airport would be there at 4:40 am. He misunderstood me and actually called a taxi for me. When I came down I told him that he did not understand me correctly and to cancel the taxi request, he gave me some attitude, not appropriate for a person in his position/job. So in summary my stay there was a sequence of bad events associated to poor customer service. If I travel to beautiful Florence again I will stay in a different hotel.

Room tip: Avoid the 3rd floor!!!!
Trip type: Travelled with family
orologiofirenze, Direttore at Hotel L'Orologio, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to apologize for the happening during your stay.
I'm especially sorry that, despite having met you and spoke to you for about twenty minutes, I was not able to let you understand that I really meant to investigate what you were telling me for two reasons: the position of the room (on the third floor but in another area compared to the fourth floor breakfast room) and the time (breakfast is still closed at 6.30, therefore these noises were not compatible with a breakfast activity that could have disturbed, we do not have dirty china yet at that time).
In addition I was aware of some extraordinary maintenance to AC system piping, that should have been held in the late morning for a problem occurred in the technical area.
When you came back in the afternoon I spoke with your wife about the problem occurred and the origin of the noises; furthermore your wife asked to put AC on, because it was very hot in the room.
Although the AC maintenance we have been able to restart the machines half an hour later . I personally told you that and went to your room to close the window and turn AC on again.
I am very sorry because from your comment it seems that you did not believe what I explained and that you felt the sensation that we did not matter your discomfort and we did not intervene. Instead we really care about any reporting we receive from our Guests and we try to do the best to solve the problem quickly.
I hope that you will think about the possibility of re-testing the hotel and let us making change your mind about our genuine hospitality.

Silvia Battini
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and from the moment we walked in, we knew we would experience the best service. Staff at the front desk were extremely helpful who had suggestions for all our queries; from best places to eat to finding a raincoat for our 2 year old. All staff very very warm and welcoming.
The location is apt with everything at walking distance - train station, Duoma, fancy restaurants & cafes and shopping outlets. Very clean & modern hotel with all amenities available. Beautiful interiors.
We would highly recommend this hotel to all our family and friends who would want to visit Florence.

Trip type: Travelled with family
orologiofirenze, Direttore at Hotel L'Orologio, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Dear Guest,
We thank you very much for your kind review.
We are so glad to read such pleasant words about our hotel, services and staff and expecially to have made your stay a memorable experience.
We warmly hope you will choose again Hotel L’Orologio for your next trip and looking forward to welcome you again,
The Management

Reviewed March 19, 2018

The Hotel is beautiful, the position as well, in the famous Piazza Santa Maria Novella, that you can admire not only from the rooms but also from the Restaurant at the 4th floor.
Rooms are elegant and comfortable, the design is fantastic. The staff is very kind and let you feel a special guest. You can read a book or wait for your transfer in the beautiful living/waiting room. In my opinion is one of the best solutions in Florence

Room tip: My room's name was Mystere: BEAUTIFUL
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for spending your time to write such nice review about our hotel.
We consider your impressions very important because every single comment helps us to improve the services in order to make our guests stay pleasant, relaxing and memorable.
All the staff feels really pleased since the professional and personal effort was fully rewarded by your words.
We heartily hope you will choose again our hotel for your next holiday in Florence and looking forward to welcome you again,
with our best regards
The Management

Reviewed March 5, 2018

There are many places in Florence to enjoy an aperitivo — the Hotel L'Orologio offers a ground floor bar where you can enjoy a coffee, a drink, or a light aperitivo. With friendly staff, you'll enjoy the unrushed service. Easy to locate on piazza Santa Maria Novella, L'O Bar is a great place to meet friends or watch the world go by.

Date of stay: November 2017
orologiofirenze, Responsabile reception at Hotel L'Orologio, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Dear StrollingFootsteps,
Thank many for your nice review and for sharing your positive experience with other travellers.
We are really glad you fully enjoyed our services and staff and definitely wish to meet you here again.
Looking forward to welcome you,
The staff

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is well located to walk to all the marvellous sights in Florence.

The room was clean and spacious along with a comfortable bed. The room overlooked the street but wasn’t noisy.

The bar offers free antipasto pre dinner. The cocktails were very good also

The breakfast is served on the upper level and was very popular

Worth noting- it is a bit of a rabbit Warren with numerous floors not necessarily connected.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
orologiofirenze, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel L'Orologio, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Dear fivestarsandbeyond,

Thanks for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor community.

We are happy you enjoyed all our hospitality could offer and we wish you will chose us again for your next florentine stay.

Looking forward to welcome you at hotel L'Orologio,

The staff