“Central home away from home”

B&B La Dimora degli Angeli
Ranked #18 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Florida
“Central home away from home”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The location of this bed and breakfast was excellent! We were there over Easter and could see the festivities at the Duomo from our window. Claudio, Roberta and Sylvia were all exceptionally helpful. We encountered some rain and were very happy to find that they provided umbrellas. It was so nice to be able to come back to the room and have an afternoon tea. We wanted for nothing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Superb location (few meters of the Duomo)
Cosy, clean and beautiful rooms
Friendly staff

A place to return next time in Florence!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Im the only one to post a bad review which is shocking. Let me say first of all that I NEVER write reviews but felt I needed to this time, the only other time I did was when I stayed at a place with bed bugs and thought other people should know about that. I book my stays based on tripadvisor reviews mainly, and I was disappointed with this place. This is a bed and breakfast, yes, and I knew that when I booked it, but I did not realize how small it was. There's maybe 6 rooms in the whole place, located on the fourth floor of a building. At night it was a little freaky going up the tiny elevator to your hotel, especially when there was no light on when you got to the floor, so you had to fumble to find the light to turn on so you could unlock the main door to the bed and breakfast. Also the location of the rooms was too close for my comfort--meaning that our room was literally right next to the check in area which was only a small computer desk. So I could hear everything they were saying and felt like I had to whisper in my own room so they didn't hear what I was talking about. The bathroom, especially the shower stall, was tiny and I am only 5' tall and 100 lbs. My main complaint though was the scent they spray in the room-- it's a floral scent which would be ok for some people, but I am very sensitive to smells so my allergies were HORRIBLE in there. I know it was the room because they were fine walking about the city but as soon as I got to the room I was sneezing like crazy, so it was very hard to sleep at night... I asked them not to spray the room the next day and they said its the cleaners they used to clean the room so I asked them not to clean the room and left the window open all day the next day to air it out and so it was somewhat bearable the next night. Oh and there was extremely loud construction that was going on in the afternoon, we were tired and wanted to rest but it was ridiculously loud, almost laughable, they were drilling or whatever literally right next to our room! Ac didn't work just like all the other paces we stayed in Italy so we had to sleep with the window open...overall it's sad to say but our room put a damper on our whole stay in florence. The location was great and the people that work there are nice, but unfortunately my stay was unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kim326ly
MargheritaFirenze, Proprietario at B&B La Dimora degli Angeli, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Hi K.,

thank you for your review,it allows us to reflect on our service.

Sorry for your discomfort and your “ruined”stay
Anyway I want to answer to your criticism:
I’m very sorry that you compared us to a hotel full of bugs because
We don’t have bugs in our B&B

We are a small B&B and we have a small reception ( is it a fault?)

We are in a historical building in front of the Duomo with the light
on every floor that is temporary to save the energy but (you just
have to push the botton to switch the light on again)
Also, the elevator is not so small, (it fits for 4 people)

The reception is in the centre of the B&B but in August/September
Is going to move for not having the discomfort of people talking.

Rooms and bathrooms are in the European standard.
If you want a larger room (you have to reserve a Superior or a Suite.)

We use perfume (only natural) in our B&B but we don’t put it if our guests don’t want to
or are allergic.Also,our perfumes are not heavy so if you just open
the window they evaporate.
Also,you asked us not to clean the room and not to put perfume so
(Why did you say that there was a bad cleaning if you didn’t allow us
to clean the room?)

There are works in the building from 9 to 17 ( is it our fault?)
Air conditioning works only with the windows closed as (you can read on instructions)

We are a small B&B with a small reception
We are in a historical building in front of the Duomo
We love cleaning,flowers and perfumes
We love our service
We love our guests and their satisfaction( if they allow us to satisfy them)
We love this all…we are proud of it

Kind regards
Claudio
London, UK
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is a beautifully appointed B&B in the heart of Florence, within easy walking distance of all the major attractions. The decor is very modern and each room style is individual. The website pictures give a true indication of what the rooms are like; I stayed in Bianca and I wasn't disappointed. It's a bit like staying in somone's appartment, although it feels very private and the rooms are very quiet. Tea and coffee is available 24hrs, which was very useful. For breakfast you are given tokens to use at a very nice patisserie near by.

On top of all this, Claudio is a wonderful host and was very welcoming and helpful. He gave some good recommendations on where to eat (not typical tourist places) and things to do. You can see that he is very proud of the B&B and of Florence, and rightly so. I highly recommend this place and hope that I have the opportunity to return. Thank you, La Dimora degli Angeli!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Loved the room Beatrice, very comfy bed and good wifi. Location of this b and b excellent near republic square and within 10-15 mins good walk from all the main attractions in central Florence. Breakfast voucher used at nearby cafe for lovely pastries and tea! Near to post office which is swish and easy to post and postcards and parcels from. Must see is the Uffizi, which is best booked in advance for a more relaxed experience. Staff at b and b very friendly and quiet rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 April 2012

thank you for the information abaout hotels around the world ! it helps me to find nice hotel...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 29 March 2012

La Dimora has another property (also with views of the Duomo) on the Republican Place. We loved it - it was so central, we could visit museums in the morning and return for a restorative coffee before going out again. Roberta helped us with any enquiry - and Claudio called and left a message when our tickets for the Accademica were likely to be superseded by a museum staff meeting, and we worked that out. That's the kind of service you expect (but don't get) from the concierge of a 5* hotel. The bed was comfortable, bedlinens good quality, the room clean and light, there was no noise (but in february our window was shut) yet we had a wonderful sense of being in the centre of things. They have outsourced the breakfast part of the B&B to a local boulangerie, which was just fine (and a sensible move). Breakfast coupons could be used all day. In this facility, there are 3 suites - it felt like our own home, and we were very happy there for several days. Roberta had good suggestions for dining, and seemed always eager to help in any way possible. Please note that parking in the centre of Florence is tricky. The B&B has an arrangement with a garage, and we left our car there for the duration of our stay - and were delighted when Roberta advised that they would bring the car to us on our departure. Very good service. Thank you!

Room Tip: Request one of the rooms that faces on to the Plaza.