“Wow!!! Just Fabulous!!”

Ranked #59 of 651 Florence B&B and Inns
Aussie
“Wow!!! Just Fabulous!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

It was winter but the welcome was the warmest I had received on my month away!! Raffaella and all the staff were just the warmest people!! FORTUNATELY there was to be a transport strike on the day I planned to leave and I had to stay an extra night!!! Wonderful!

Located just around the corner from the Train Station - and bus stops at the door - this convenient location is not noisy at all. I had a lovely corner room. There were cafes everywhere. Easy walking to every 'attraction'.

The bathroom was a reasonable size. The linen fresh every day. The room clean and comfortable!! Wi-fi good!! Breakfast was from a fabulous little busy corner cafe a block away!! They were lovely people too and the food always fresh and the coffee great!! When I couldn't fit all my brekky in - they allowed me to take it away and I would have it as a snack or put it in the fridge for lunch.

Fresh fruit & goodies in my room every day - a welcoming gift - a departing gift! It was just give give give! A most wonderful experience and I look forward to staying here again!!

I heartily recommend B & B Residenza dell'Orafo when staying in Florence.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank AnnaAussie
laresidenzadellorafo, Responsabile reception at La Residenza dell'Orafo, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Dear Client,

We are delighted with your nice words about us and our B&B.

Indeed it was pleasure to welcome you in our Residence.

It is our passion to make our guests to feel confortable and relax when they are with us.

We do look fowards seeing you soon with us.

La Residenza dell'Orafo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Leandro, California
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed in August and I found the location walkable to 95% of the museums, churches and restaurants. I had lost my driver license and the police would not talk to me because I could not speak Italian. Victoria the innkeeper walked me to the police station and got everything I needed paper work done. That evening when we were out they gave us bottle of wine and said they were very sorry about the incident even though is was my fault. (The pic above) She even did some shopping for us. Victoria made our stay so pleasurable. The room was very nice and fresh fruit was delivered daily! They even gave us a second bottle of wine. I could not ask for a better place to stay. The rooms are very reasonable and would definitely stay again. Please stay at this B&B and you will not be disappointed. In my 3 weeks in Italy, this was the best place we stayed due to the friendliness of the staff and especially VICTORIA!

Room Tip: Don't rent a car if you plan on staying in Florence - the location of this B&B is so central...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ray L
Brisbane
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Our memorable holiday in beautiful Florence was largely thanks to Raffaella and her team at La Residenza dell'Orafo. The room was spotlessly clean and warm, loved the hydromassage shower, the welcome pack was very thoughtful, helpful, and tasty, the soundproof for the room actually worked - and very well too. The best part of it all was the warm welcome from Raffaella and the team who showed us what true Italian hospitality meant. Thank you. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jazc
laresidenzadellorafo, Responsabile reception at La Residenza dell'Orafo, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my sincerest thanks for the beautiful review taht you wrote about our b/b. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are very useful and welcome.

It has been a great pleasure for me to welcome you during your holiday.

I wish you a wonderful life and look forward to welcoming you again in our b / b.

Warmest regards

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 January 2012

a perfect oasis in one of the world's most lovely cities

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 11 January 2012

The rooms were beautiful, tastefully decorated with wonderful little balcony, very quiet even though on a main street. spa shower, very clean and a good size. very short walk from train making travel really easy. also close to attractions and shopping. breakfast at nearby cafe was really good. But the best part of this establishment is the hosts Raffaela and Victoria were amazing, friendly, sweet, knowledeable, fluent in english, and probably other languages and they make you feel like you are a friend not just a customer. wonderful welcome basket with beverages, cookies, fruit and candy. and even a parting gift upon leaving. Wish we had been able to stay longer, can not wait to return,

Room Tip: we stayed in room right by the desk, was convienent and very quiet
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dianekelseywalt
laresidenzadellorafo, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at La Residenza dell'Orafo, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear Dianekelseywalt,

Thank you for choosing "La Residenza Dell' Orafo" for your holidays in Florence and for writing your review.

We are glad that you appreciate our B&B and our service. We always hope that our friendly and informal way to help our clients is appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure to host you again in our resort for another wonderful vacation.

Kindest regards

Marta and staff "Dell'Orafo"
AUSTRALIA
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed for 1night and would recommend staying here. Room is good and so quiet considering how busy the area is, the host is really nice and friendly, and the location is close to train station and you can walk to all the other attractions. You get a breakfast voucher for a nearby cafe - a tip when making your choice is to opt for the sandwich and pastry option. I went for the toast option and its just some tiny pieces of toasted thin bread. I was jealous of my boyfriends Ham and cheese panini and croissant that he got!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SSAN21
laresidenzadellorafo, Responsabile reception at La Residenza dell'Orafo, responded to this review, 11 January 2012

Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We had a beautiful room, the suite Aurora. My daughter described it as "like being in heaven" because of the beautiful color, decorations and bright lighting. Raffaella and Victoria were the most gracious hosts. Raffaella even helped us carry our heavy luggage from the elevator to the rooms. Victoria was also very accommodating. It was just like being at home. The location was perfect. Of all the hotels(6) that we stayed in Europe, this was the easiest to find, and the nearest to a train station. The reviews of the previous travelers were all true. the extras-snacks and fruits and bottle of chianti wine upon departure were all there. Breakfast was a few steps away as described. It can get crowded but the servers were also very efficient despite the number of customers. We just loved dell Orafo. Thanks Raffaella and Victoria. we will definitely stay here again in our next trip to Florence.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my sincerest thanks for the observations you wrote regarding our resort.
We always try to provide and improve our services for our guests, to make their holiday memorable and we are very happy to have had success with you .

It was a great pleasure for us to have you and your family as our guest and we hope that we can see you again .

Warmest regards