1,219 results
All reviewsshuttle buswater millarno rivershuttle servicewater wheelbeautiful hoteljacuzzi bathsister hoteltuscan countrysideour honeymoonsuperior roomthe hotel offershighly recommend this hotelstayed longerfavorite hotelpastriesaldo
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stay 3 days in Mulino di Firenze, booked early february, and were amazed over the hotel.
Very friendly staff, exelent barman.
it is a recent hotel and you see that they are still working on some improvement.
Our room was large enough for 3 people (we were there with our youngest son) en had a lovely well working jacuzzi in the large bathroom.
Located in the quiet surroundings of Firenze, it was every night a warm welcome of quietness after a very crowdy but beautiful Firenze.
Very esthetic swimming pool integrated in the architecture.
Nice breakfast, food in the restaurant ok.
We will certainly return when we come back to Firenze! Bravo for the hotel ;o)

Room Tip: we got what we asked for!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We know Florence very well and work there frequently. On this occasion I was covering an event at a nearby castle and needed something for the right price; with a pool to cool off after work but not too far from my work location or Florence. Mulino di Firenze fitted all the above criteria and was duly booked
We werent dissappointed. I had to dash off to work as soon as I got there but the staff made sure my wife felt safe and welcome and was well looked after. Emilio at the bar was fantastic and a real gentleman; the restaurant was good with an abundant breakfast for me and equally good dinner options. The room was lovely (although a bit more drawer space for clothes would be good)
The only slight drawbacks were the minor works that were taking place when we were there but as these were going to enhance the hotel they didnt bother us too much as the workmen were always respectful and polite and werent there all the time.
It would be great to have the pool open earlier than 9 a.m in the morning but again it is only a minor thing and would be useful if there was a mid afternoon shuttle back from Florence
Overall a great place to stay that I will probably use on a regular basis when I am working out there or if I am just there for leisure. It has that great combination of good customer service and great design to make you feel like you are in a lovely home. I think with a bit of 'fine tuning' this hotel will continue to be a favourite hotel for many visitors to Florence'

Room Tip: We love the rooms with river and pool views
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2011

What a refreshing change from impersonal, large hotel chains. From booking to checkout the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and efficient, replying promptly and helpfully to e-mail queries..
The room was very comfortable, quiet, furnished to a high standard, of a good size, with jacuzzi bath and views over the Arno. We were very pleased with the free wi-fi and shuttle bus service to the city, and overall nothing was overstated in the brochure.
The restaurant was to a high standard, by no means overpriced, and the service of the friendly staff added to the experience. The buffet breakfast exceeded expectations and again the staff were very attentative and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The pool is of a good size for the hotel, and for the duration of our stay was never crowded; it was also very welcome after long, hot arty days in the city. We also found the hotel very convenient for access to the Rome/Bolognia/Pisa motorways without having to negotiate the city.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suffolk2061
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This was the first stop on my honeymoon after i got married in sorrento. This was the one hotel i splashed out on as i knew we would be exhausted. We arrived to be greeted by a rude receptionist who pointed us in the general direction of our room. we i opened the door to say i was disappointed is taking it lightly. we were put in a small dark dull room with a small bathroom and broken wardrobe. my view was a bit empty swimming pool which was being cleaned for my whole visit. That set me off as one of the reason i booked the hotel was the pool. I ended out in tears so my husband got us a new room, the room it self was just as bad but the view was nicer so i bit my lip and unpacked. The offer of the free shuttle wasnt as good as it seemed,. there were only 3 in and 3 back so ended out spending money on cabs at lot. The reason i give this hotel an average rather then poor was the restaurant was great as were the staff there. the barman and also a male receptionist was also nice but wouldnt recommened this to anyone. when your a newly wed you dont expect to cry on your honeymoon which is what this hotel made me do......

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MrsH250511
mulinofirenze, Direttore at Hotel Mulino di Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear Tripadvisor user,

We are deeply sorry if your stay has not been of your satisfaction. I have to apologize for the swimming pool which was only opened on May 31st but...the Mulino is a special hotel in a very special position very near the Arno river and the battle against the Arno sometimes is difficult.
The pool is located exactly where the river was passing through the mill and when preparing it for the new season we discovered a damaged wall which took more than expected for the recovery. I am sure my reservations office was offering to use the pool of our sister hotel nearby with free transfer (as stated in others reviews). That was a problem for a week and we are sorry if this was causing so many problems to your stay.
I was indeed surprised of the rest of your complain: never had a complain about rude staff, nor for room in bad conditions (you are mentioning a broken wardrobe...we have no rooms which had such a problem).
Finally the shuttle bus.It is clear indicated that we have service in the morning and afternoon (not in the evening where it's easier to park the car in the city). It's a service which our client love and it's for free! Sorry but I could not agree on that.

Best regards.
Giancarlo Carniani

Reviewed June 22, 2011

This hotel was amazing, both for the quality of the accommodation and the attention of the staff. It's out of the main city of area of Florence (short bus or taxi trip), on the edge of the river, all brand new but looks like it's been there for centuries. If we'd know how good it would be, we would have used it as a base and gone by train to Venice, Rome etc. Our room was brilliant and the restaurant was also very good and not at all expensive. B&B breakfast in Italy can be a bit sparing, but here there was plenty! Plenty of parking too, all secure and undercover. Would we go there again? Certainly!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple