Hotel Roma(Florence)
US$190
US$242
US$198
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

Grand Hotel Minerva(Florence)
Agoda.com
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
US$1,504
1,190 results
All reviewsfree shuttlewater millarno rivershuttle servicewater wheelbeautiful hoteljacuzzi bathsister hotelbreakfast and dinnertuscan countrysideour honeymoonsuperior roomthe hotel offerstown centrehighly recommend this hotelstayed longerpastries
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Went June 2011. Myself and two girlfriends. Wow. Triple room beautifully furnished double aspect. Sumptuous bed linen. Powerful and very large whirlpool bath high quality bathroom and fittings. High quality outside furniture. Delicious breakfast served in very well appointed dining room with attentive staff. Unanimous decision was a lovely experience. Only disappointment was charge for the spa which would be nice to be free to guests. Been to champneys for weekend. This was more relaxing. Thankyou

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 6, 2012

While Hotel Mulino is not in the tourist-filled city center of Florence, the trade-off is a luxurious and stunning hotel, complete with great restaurant (perfect for dinner after a long day of sightseeing), bar, massive breakfasts buffet, pool, and spa that would cost many times more if it were located in the center of Florence. The hotel does provide a limited shuttle service free of charge (I think the first shuttle ride of the day is at 9 am and the last returning ride is at 7:30 pm) that must be reserved ahead of time. However, my thoughts are that the worst case involves getting a taxi ride from Florence, the cost of which is more than offset by the plush surroundings you will find yourself in when you get back to your hotel room that cost so much less than staying downtown. We stayed for three nights in a triple room on the upper floor, so we probably had one of the larger rooms. All of us were impressed by the beautiful decor in our huge room complete with a wood-beamed ceiling (evidence of the hotel's former incarnation as a watermill) and a luxe, spacious, marble bath complete with a Jacuzzi tub and his and her sinks (translation = lots of counter space to spread out!). The best things were the incredible views - watching the Arno River rush over the spillway from one window in the main room, a view of the lovely pool from another window, and best of all, a view of the sun rising over the Arno from the little window in the bathroom. I definitely looked forward to my shower in the morning...it was a beautiful way to start the day.

We loved the hotel's restaurant and indulged in both Florentine specialties (like the ribollita soup - a delicious favorite, even in the heat and the bistecca alla Fiorentina - a veritable mountain of T-bone steak!) and the chef's specials. Their breakfast buffet spread was the most impressive of the four hotels we stayed in while in Italy...everything was delicious from the made to order cappuccinos to the fresh-baked pastries, and we were always well-fed to begin our day of sight-seeing. I do have one caveat about the restaurant seating...if you are prone to mosquito and bug bites, as I am...you might prefer to sit inside and observe the views of the river from there. While the views of the river are beautiful, I found myself constantly swatting once the sun went down.

I do have to agree with one of the other reviewers regarding the Wi-Fi at the hotel...it's definitely spotty. It works great in the bar and common areas, but not so much in the room...that was hit and miss. However, I didn't come to Florence to troll on the internet, so that's a minor issue compared to the overall wonderful experience of this lovely hotel by the Arno River. All of us would look forward to returning to Hotel Mulino in an instant!

Room Tip: I'd definitely pick a room on the upper floors for the views. We saw some small rooms located on the ground floor right off the driveway/walkway to the hotel reception, and I don't think I would have enjoyed my stay if our rooms had been there...so definitely check on the location of your room before booking.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Wow! If your looking for a nice quiet place to relax this is it! Great value for money, beautiful scenery, loved the jaccuzi in the room. Service was par excellance and I would highly recommend this place! Yes it's a bit away from the city center, but this gives u best of both worlds, staying in a stunning locality and yet enjoying the city all at the same time.

Room Tip: Take the room with the river view. U won't regret it!! Also make sure to book your shuttle place in advance
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

It was a terrible experience for us, even ruined my impression of Florence! I guess people who highly recommended it would have paid a bit more and got the river view room upstairs which might be fine. We got a room at the ground floor and the whole room had the smell of humidity. It was almost unbearable. We asked to have another room instead and that didn't happen until the next night. Again that room was at ground floor and it smelt the same! Also in both rooms, the Internet was not working at all. We had to get out of the room to have any reception for the Internet. They have very complicated shower system which I guess in theory it should be a bonus, but not when it's not working well. And I tried to call the reception for 15 mins and the line was busy and then no one answered... On top of that, the location is terrible. Very hard to find and it's far away from city centre. They do have shuttle bus but you have to choose a certain time and reserve it. The place is not always guaranteed when there are too many people and they only have certain times to go. So basically if you miss it, you'll just get stuck in the hotel or pay for €20 for the taxi!
To be fair, I have to say they do have great breakfast and really good views.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Distant00
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comment which was the very first one giving the hotel only one point.
We have investigate and try to locate your reservation and see what has happened. Anyway I would like to explain some of the issues told in your review.

Location. Hotel does not advertise and pretend to be in the city center and our location is honestly shown in our website or third party websites. By choosing to stay at the Mulino di Firenze you should be aware it's not central. Most of our clients choose us because they find It's a good retreat after a long and busy day in Florence.

Shuttle Bus. The shuttle bus is free and, as per the location, it's advertised in our website clearly with its ours of operation (6 daily trips until 7.30 pm). Again it's hard to accept a complain for a free service.

Wi-fi Internet System. I have checked all rooms located in the courtyard (I cannot trace which room exactly you were in) and I have no report of disfunction with WI-fi. In the past it has happened a few clients were experiencing problems for a strong anti-virus setup. It could be your case but obviously cannot prove it. I have no complain about that from other guests.

Smell in the rooms. That's a very unexpected complain. You can read all of our reviews and found no mention about this problem. I am currently investigating with the head maintenance to understand what may have happen. I apologize for that and will put it under severe investigations.

Staff. Very surprised to read your negative review about our staff and the fact they we're not answering the telephone. The staff has always been our major point of attraction, more that the hotel itself. We have hundreds of reviews saying that...

Shower system. No report from any client about the problem reported.

Finally we thank you for saying at least our views and breakfast were up to your expectations.
As you may deduct from our reply we do not agree with most of the reasons of your complain but we assure you that every single detail mentioned will be investigate seriously.

Please feel free to contact me anytime in private should you wish to talk with the Manager,

Best regards.

Giancarlo Carniani
Manager
Hotel Mulino di Firenze

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My Wife and I stayed at Mulino di Firenze for our Honeymoon between 11th and 16th June, and had a fantastic time. The Hotel itself is decorated beautifully, with plenty of bygones on show from its past as a working mill, combined with modern and tasteful furnishings. Never before have we spent so much time sat in the communal areas of a Hotel, usually retreating to our room for a bottle of wine. In this Hotel, it was a pleasure to take in the atmosphere and surroundings while being treated to drinks by the wonderful Emilio!
Our stay was massively enhanced by all the staff who simply could not do more to make our stay special (the only exception being a slight abrupt encounter with an unhelpful receptionist on one occasion). Overall, we felt that all staff were truely proud of both Florence and also the Hotel, and this left us feeling very much as guests rather than customers. A remarkable achievement and one we have never encountered in a Hotel before.
We ate twice in the Hotel restaurant and, again, we cannot speak highly enough of our experience. The food was wonderful, and the service fantastic. We were even given a sneaky taste of some other dishes which we did not order just to satisfy our curiosity; its this kind of extra attention and personal touch which really marks out this Hotel and restaurant as a special place.
Our room itself was a superior room which gave us a view over the gardens, pool and on to the picturesque river Arno and the weir. The room was immaculately clean, decorated very well, and had a fantastic bathroom. The jacuzzi bath was incredible for massaging our feet after a day walking around Florence. It was also so noticeable how high quality all fixtures and fittings were. And it was lovely to not have health and safety notices and such like stuck all around the room like a normal Hotel. It really was a home away from home.
In terms of location, the Hotel is perfect as it is away from the hoards of tourists in the centre, and is set amongst the lovely suburbs. We found it was a 45 min walk to the centre, which itself is a nice stroll along the side of the river Arno. Or alternatively the Hotel shuttle bus is ideal for making trips both ways - be aware though that you need to book your spaces a good 24 hours in advance to be sure of a seat at your preferred time of travel. Otherwise, there is a No.23 bus from the close by village of Nave A Rovezzano (5 mins walk to the right as you leave the Hotel gates). The bus leaves outside the church, and you can buy a ticket 1 way for 2 euros on the bus. This will take you all the way to the SMN bus terminal, with various stops on the way. The bus does not run late in the evening however, so that leaves a taxi option. Some reviews say taxis can be had for 10 euros, but we were stung for 27, so beware!
Overall our only complaint is that Mulino di Firenze has raised our expectations for Hotels and restaurants to a new level, and it is unlikely we will find anywhere that meets these kind of standards for a long long time. We simply cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple