1,219 results
All reviewsshuttle buswater millarno rivershuttle servicewater wheelbeautiful hoteljacuzzi bathsister hoteltuscan countrysideour honeymoonsuperior roomthe hotel offershighly recommend this hotelstayed longerfavorite hotelpastriesaldo
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

We visited this hotel for a week long stay on the 15th August. We stayed in a double room (115) which overlooked the river and the restaurant/breakfast area. The room was lovely - very quaint with vintage looking furniture and decor. The hotel supplied small bottles of water to the fridge in the room each day which was a nice touch. The pool area of the hotel is relatively small and quiet - a great place to escape the hustle & bustle of Florence city! It is a shame that swimming is no longer allowed in the area around the water wheel though - my partner was quiet disappointed about this!
The breakfasts in the hotel are great - lots of choice and a lovely view from the restaurant. The staff are also wonderful - incredibly friendly and welcoming.
The free shuttle bus into Florence is very helpful. We used it most evenings and then just taxied back for around 20 euros. Make sure you book it in advance with reception.
The only thing we felt was missing from this hotel was a balcony from the room - it is always nice to be able to enjoy a drink on an evening! Obviously there is nothing the hotel can do about this though - it was just an element of the holiday that we missed!
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel if you want somewhere to stay that is away from the crowds (and heat!) of Florence city centre. It is a lovely place to stay for couples and families alike.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Giancarlo_Carniani, Direttore at Hotel Mulino di Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank You for Your nice feedback, I am glad to know You enjoyed Your stay at the Mulino!
It will be a pleasure for me and all the Staff to welcome You again here on the river bank for Your next trip to Florence.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Very nice infrastructure, wonderful decoration, large room. Service very good. Large swimming pool area, but a bar service would be welcome. Breakfast diversified with viennoiseries, bread, cheese, vegetables, fruit, eggs, etc... personnel is very kind.
All perfect except prices of drinks. Spritz at 10 Euros for a little glas and so well served, bier far to much expensive! It s a pity because the bar area is so lovely but prices do prevent you to stay there... 30% less would engender business grow in that area ...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

My kindest regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2017

The staff at Hotel Mulino De Firenze were fantastic and made a special effort to start our honeymoon in style. The restaurant food and breakfasts were particularly delicious and we loved relaxing by the pool next to the river. We couldn't believe how luxurious the room was, how much character the old mill building had and the fact that we could book out the spa for an hour just to ourselves. This is a gorgeous hotel and we look forward to coming back one day. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank guitarjoe2

Dear Guest,
Thank You for Your kind review, I am proud to read that You choose Mulino for such a special celebration as Honeymoon: it is a holiday You will remember for all Your life. So I am pleased to read You can carry with You the best memories of this special trip, and I hope to welcome You again here at Mulino di Firenze, maybe in occasion of a romantic escape to refresh good memories!
Kind regards

Reviewed August 13, 2017

My wife and I stayed 5 nights and found the hotel excellent. The staff were very helpful and attentive.
Our room was ok with a good bed. It was not large and unusually you had to go upstairs to have a shower or use the toilet.
The buffet breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Dinners were also good although the best meal we had was fillet steak that was not actually on the menu but well worth having if available. We used the downstairs bar for lunch on 2 occasions. Again the cold meats and salad we have were very good and the wine recommended by the waiter was a very good choice.
Two suggestions for improvements: Bizarrely although you could get a normal beer (lager) during the day in the restaurant they only offered craft beer which we were forced to try. It was cloudy and awful. It reminded us of drinking badly made home brew. However when we sent it back they took it off the bill without being asked but why can't they offer a regular beer like every other restaurant we used in Florence?
The other suggestion is to fit fly screens to the bedroom windows. We like to have the air conditioning off at night and have the window open but this meant we got badly bitten by gnats / mosquitos every night. Insect repellent only kept them at bay of the first part of the night. A fly screen would have solved the problem. BTW I believe the locals have no reaction to being bitten and so have no problem.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to share Your experience of Mulino with other Travelers!
I am pleased to read You had a nice stay with us and we will treasure of your advice.
I hope to welcome You soon again in occasion of Your next trip to Florence,
My best regards

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Mulino Di Firenze for seven nights this past July and it was the most wonderful experience we have had traveling. The facility is beautiful and well maintained. After the hustle of the city of Rome and and the crowded streets of Florence, it was like coming to Paradise to relax and rejuvenate for our next tour. The customer service was beyond outstanding and far exceed expectations. We were in unfamiliar territory with the area and transportation service. The staff was there to help book tours, give suggestions, to help us order train tickets. They were sincerely concerned about providing the best service and empathetic with our constant inquires and concerns. They provided a level of empathy that consoles the worry and confusion when when you are out of your environment. The staff was all outstanding. There were three individuals that we communicated the most with and I think should receive special mention for there service. Ash and Elizebeth at the front desk were top notch, in assisting us in anything we needed. Monica in the restaurant was an inspiration and catalysis to try new things from there fabulous restaurant. I usually do not write reviews…this was such an outstanding experience I felt it necessary to provide some well deserved accolades.

The experience was outstanding and we plan to repeat the visit to Mulino Di Firenze!

Don and Debbie Bahr

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I am pleased to read You had a nice stay with us and I hope to welcome You soon again in occasion of Your next trip to Florence,
My best regards