“Amazing experience, Our tour guide Stefano was an absolute legend!”

Walkabout Florence Tours
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing experience, Our tour guide Stefano was an absolute legend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Even though the weather was a bit dull, the trip was amazing, some beautiful sites along the coast and some awesome walking trails between towns. It is as hard as you want to make it as you have the option of busses/trains to skip long stair cases/ a big hike. I absolutely loves this trip and our tour guide Stefano was a champion, had excellent knowledge about everything along the way including the towns histories and his sense of humour was fantastic!

Highly recommend doing this if you're coming to Florence!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“do not miss this opportunity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I just went on this day adventure with Walkabout. The trip was perfectly organized, with very enthusiastic, professional, attentive guides. The "main" guide of the day was Barbara, and she was perfect. The trip includes some very serious hiking, but if you are not in shape, or just does not feel like hiking, it is possible to take a train instead. I mean, the hiking part should not stop you from taking this trip, you will be rewarded by breathtaking scenery of picturesque villages
along the coast. The trip includes lunch in a local restaurant, which was very sufficient. Free time was enough to check local stores for souvenirs. The whole experience was great.

2 Thank NYAnatolia
Buffalo, New York
“Awesome Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I decided to take this tour this past October after reading all the fantastic reviews and we were not disappointed. We only had a short time to visit Florence and Tuscany and this tour allowed us to hit all the major sites, Siena, San Gimigiano, and Pisa and have a decent amount of time to spend in each. We also really enjoyed the lunch at the farm. The views surrounding the farm are simply breathtaking and what you see in famous pictures or films that take place in the area. I probably could have spent the whole day there just taking in the view. I highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to visit the Tuscany region, who has a limited amount of time, and doesn't want to deal with driving on their own.

Visited October 2011
New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“An Incredible Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I had the most wonderful day on this trip! Everything went so smoothly. The bus departed right on time and we were even given raincoats since the weather was bad. Everything was well organized and I never felt like I was being rushed along or didn't have time to rest or take pictures. Our guides, Alex and Julian, made a point of coming around to everyone and talking and they checked to see if anyone didn't want to do the long hike. On the hike everyone went at there own pace and there was no need to rush. I am so happy that I went on this tour- it was wonderful!

Warsaw, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“best of tuscany walkabout florence a must for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Best of Tuscany by walkabout florence
My best friend took this tour April 2011 and highly recommended it so my mother and I just got back from our tour and it was great. We had Becky as our tour guide and I cannot say enough about her very informative and could answer all our questions and even joked a little making the tour light and easy. The guide that we had at Sienna was also very nice and informative. The lunch provided at the vineyard was great and who can say no to wine at a beautiful outdoor seating looking across the landscape to San Gimignano. This is a nice way to see areas of Tuscany without having to drive. Recommend this to anyone going to Florence.