1,417 results
All reviewsbutler servicewinter gardenarno riverchampagne ritualbeautiful hotelstarwood pointsbathroom mirrorconcierge deskupgraded to a suiteold worldfour seasonsbottle of champagneponte vecchiobeautiful roomfavorite hotelour honeymooneach evening
Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at The St. Regis for 6 nights, from 15 July to 21 July. Location is not exactly central, but the main square, Piazza Della Signoria, is 1 km, about 15 minutes walking. Received an upgrade to a junior suite 310, in the corner of the 3rd floor, with very beautiful view to Arno River and Ponte Vecchio.
From the room category deluxe premium with river view you receive the butler service, that is a butler that cares for all your needs, unpacks and packs your luggage, make reservations, etc.
One good thing is that they give you a mobile number to where you can send whatsapp with your questions.
Breakfast is very good, with the normal selection of bread,cheeses,fruits,juices,pancakes and eggs made to order.
Check in and check out fast and efficient.
Recommended

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

Dear geo007, Most of all, please receive our gratitude for choosing our property and recommending it. We definitely look at welcoming you again, and doubling up our attention, care and level of service. Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed July 21, 2016

This is a beautiful, classic hotel in a great location. Very intimate, and limited facilities, but minutes from the world's greatest art treasures!

I had to look at 3 rooms before I was given one that I liked. One smelled like smoke, the other had a poor view, and the one I was finally given was perfect. Don't be shy, ask management to shuffle you until you find something you like.

There were two celebrities staying on the same floor as myself and I chatted them up a bit!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2016

Dear lapis986, Allow me to thank you for letting all the travelers know how we never stop serching the perfection for our guests until they are completely satisfied.Looking forward to welcoming you back again at The St. Regis Florence. All our best regards, Ombretta – The Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed July 19, 2016

I have stayed in Florence many times. This was the first time I have stayed at the St. Regis. We arrived late and were warmly welcomed. It was around midnight, and we mentioned that we would like to have a small bite to eat. The staff said the Winter Bar was still open. We sat down in the most beautiful room and were served just what we wanted - eggplant parmesan and ordered a wonderful bottle of wine from the menu. When the waiter found out we were going on a wine tour the following week, he told us which wineries he liked and we compared notes of great Tuscan wines. It felt like being welcomed home by a good friend. The rooms were as beautifully appointed as the common areas. In the piazza where the hotel is located is a small church with several incredible paintings by Ghirlandaio. It was a bonus to wake up to church bells the following day.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear QueenOfTheR0ad, allow me to tell you that our staff prides themselves on being attentive and helpful in every way possible, so it’s delightful to hear they exceeded your expectations showing you their passions....wine and hospitality!
We look forward to having you again at your home. Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed July 18, 2016

I cannot understate this hotel and the "oh wow" feeling you get when you experience it. I was debating between the less-expensive Westin hotel which is nearby and the St Regis, and I strongly recommend the St Regis.

The lobby is striking. It is very luxuriously appointed. My room had a really impressive chandelier in it that really tied the room together. I really enjoyed having wine in the balcony overlooking the Arno and having drinks on the ground level restaurant.

None of this compares to breakfast! Wow! This is the nicest room I've ever had breakfast in.

This is a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Arno river view is a good idea
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank letsgofire

Dear letsgofire, Allow me to tell you that we are spoiled by your kind words. We know how magical it is for our guests to have breakfast under the wonderful arches decorating the balcony that overlooks the prestigious Winter Garden: it is the perfect location to relax in a seductive atmosphere, to savour a simple cup of coffee or a cocktail selected by our expert bartenders. All the best, Ombretta – The Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed July 13, 2016

We had previously tried to stay here using our Starwood points, but at the last minute a political figure came in and bumped us across back across the Piazza to The Westin (which is not a complaint by any means). Still, this was our first opportunity to stay in this property. The staff are all very helpful and gracious to a fault. The rooms are beautifully furnished as you would expect, the upholstery and curtains are to die for.

I certainly intend to return and would stay here without question. Next time I hope to use the butler. The Concierge was very helpful and the manager in the bar/restaurant had a fantastic knowledge of the local wines.

What's not to LOVE?

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Miki G
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2016

Dear Miki G, Allow em to tell you that we are spoiled by your kind words and more than happy that you enjoyed our Hotel, bar/restaurant, your room, and our friendly associates. We eagerly look forward to your return. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager