1,291 results
All reviews former monastery piazza ss around the corner canopied bed the main hotel quiet piazza beautiful square rick steves old world charming hotel michelangelo's david historic building antique furniture breakfast room superior room perfect location beautiful room
Reviewed July 9, 2016

We chose Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti because of its' location near the Galleria where "The David" is located. While the location was farther away from other sights, it was close to Galleria dell' Accademia which was our intent. The hotel itself is very old, it doesn't have a lot of amenities, and some of the staff are less friendly than others. But, on the whole, we enjoyed our stay there very much. The room, a queen bed room, was nice but not fancy. The bathroom was nice but not large. However, the best part of the stay happened when we realized that we had left something important to us and called the hotel back. At first they didn't find the piece of jewelry, but upon a second call, we were informed that they had gone back and really searched the room on "hands and knees" and found the gold chain and cross, given to Rick from a now deceased friend. It just happened that we were making our way back to Florence when the news came and we stopped by & picked it up. This was in our opinion outstanding service. So while it wasn't the very best hotel of our trip to Italy, it was an excellent stay nonetheless.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
LoggiatodeiServiti, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2016

Dear Ms Wlifeman ,
thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about us here in TripAdvisor.
I'm very pleased to know my employees were able to find your gold chain and to have it returned back to you.
We are always more than happy to help our guests to have back their objects they may have left here.

Reviewed July 8, 2016

Ask for a quiet room--back of hotel. Hotel is on a square just inside the pedestrian zone. You can drive into this square if you have a reservation at the Loggiato dei Serviti.The hotel desk will note your license plate so that they can alert the police you are with them. The car cannot remain in the square. It must be moved or valet parked. Hotel offers valet, overnight parking. Always a good idea especially if you are going on short trips into the countryside using Florence as a base. The square is busy with students hanging about on the steps of the hotel and adjacent buildings. Hotel offers a nice breakfast in a lovely little room at the back on the first floor. Hotel also has a bar for guests which serves mixed drinks, wine and snacks in the early evening. Room 36 was nice, large, easy bathroom. Good choice for Florence. Easy walking distance to the main Mercato and tons of eateries.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at back of hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Ageingwell ,
thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about us here in TripAdvisor.
I'm very pleased you loved our Hotel , our location and our room 36.
As you wrote, is not allowed to park in front of the Hotel if only to drop you luggage, but the garage parking always come in few minute and alert the police so that you will not take any charge for entering the no traffic zone.

I hope you had a beautiful experience in Florence and you will be our guests again at Loggiato dei Serviti.

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

We loved this charming hotel! The hotel has fun antique decor and was a perfect compliment to our visit to Florence. The location was excellent, with only a short walk to most of the major sites in Florence. The views of the square were nice from our room. The breakfast was included and had a nice variety. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Mr Kristyn S ,
thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about us here in TripAdvisor.
I'm very pleased you loved our Hotel with its antique decor, our location in one of the few original Renaissance square of Florence , and our breakfast.

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

I read all the reviews and Rick Steve's Italy guide before booking here. I have to say, we were happy with every aspect of our stay. The staff was wonderful. They accommodated every need and helped us go to the spa, get cabs, brought latte when I had an afternoon sinking spell. So happy! Room 31 was a dream
Come true!

Dear Mr Jaxballard ,
thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about us here in TripAdvisor.
I'm very pleased you loved our Hotel and above all our staff , always there to help our guests.

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed staying in this historic hotel. We stayed in the annex building, which is very close to the main building. My wife really liked the historic feel of the room. This hotel has a GREAT location. You can easily walk to any major location in the city - although, my wife and I always enjoy walking and did take many hours on walking explorations. This hotel is right around the corner from the Accademy Gallery. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
LoggiatodeiServiti, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Dear Mr Jonathan W ,
thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about us here in TripAdvisor.
I'm very pleased you loved our Hotel ,our location, and our staff.
I hope you will be our guests again at Loggiato dei Serviti and check the new museum of the Ospedale degli Innocenti that just this 23rd of June was reopened.