1,772 results
All reviewsarno riverheavenly bedrooftop barpiazza ognissantistarwood pointsbeautiful hotelconcierge staffst regisupgraded roomold worldtop floorluxury hotelsmall balconytrain stationour honeymoonrental cardinner reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Just checking out this morning after a wonderful stay. My room was very spacious, though not a suite, huge bed, large marble bathroom with good lighting. I stayed on a middle floor and the room was very quiet. This Hotel is very old and charming, however, the interior is updated very nicely. Plumbing in room functioned perfectly.
Service at the hotel was genuinely personal yet professional, an elusive combination.
Bye, bye St. Regis, the Westin is my new favorite when in Firenze.
A special thanks to Noemi who found my IPad and had it sent to my room immediately.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2016

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in August 2016. We booked the least expensive room and were still very impressed with the accommodations. The room was spacious with wonderfully high ceilings, making it feel very elegant. The bathroom was also much larger and more airy than any we've had in Europe in recent years. The location was convenient; we could walk to all the main sites within 10 or 15 minutes.

However, what really stood out at this hotel was how friendly the staff are. Reception process was easy, and the concierge were outstanding! Upon our request, the concierge booked two wine tours for us that turned out to be fabulous! (We had been overwhelmed by research and reading reviews and finally asked the concierge for help via email a couple weeks prior to our arrival). They were so gracious in assisting us with the wine tours in Tuscany as well as with restaurant recommendations. Everything they suggested exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: One of our favorite memories from Florence was early evening cocktails on the roof of this hotel! A must!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2016

I came here for an anniversary trip and decided to book this hotel. OMG the hotel is FABULOUS!!! From the check in to the rooms, the rooms are so beautiful and LUXURY. it was the nicest Westin I've ever stayed at. I've stayed at many properties in the Westin Brand but this was BY FAR the BEST and most luxurious! The service was BEYOND GREAT! The hotel is in a great location since its along the river. The hotel was nice enough to upgrade us to a big room with a view of the river and had a welcome champagne for us to celebrate our anniversary. The concierge staff was reaching out to me before my stay to help me arrange all of my restaurant and travel reservations and anything else i needed. i was so happy to have stayed here! They truly live up to the name EXCELSIOR.

Room Tip: Room with the view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

We had a great time at the Westin in Florence. The location was great and the sunset view from the rooftop bar was exquisite. While the building was 800 years old, the rooms felt modern and completely redone. Would absolutely stay here again. The SPG Gold room upgrade was fabulous, even though the view was subpar.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Situated on the banks of the Arno River, the Excelsior is much like the Norma Desmond movie character in Sunset Boulevard. Arrogant and entitled. It's had a face lift, upgraded the rooms but can't disguise its flaws close up.

The service is slick and attentive. The restaurant staff confident in their spotless white jackets; others in immaculate sharp suits, perfectly pressed. Reception and concierge desks are well managed. The personnel approachable with linguistic skills extending to wide local and national knowledge.

Yet the Excelsior doesn't quite hit the mark. There is no pool or outside deck. The gym is a poor excuse for a health facility. Few machines offering limited workout choice. The shower in our suite had no pressure to the point of dripping. The carpeting in the passageways are shabby, marked and threadbare. The room appointments lack drawer space and trays for makeup. A round carpet placed mid floor in the entrance lobby is dangerous, with people constantly tripping over the raised edge.

On checking in we were offered, at a supplement, including breakfast, an upgrade to a penthouse suite. Our reserved room not being ready. The patient Costanza walked us through the three options. We chose a larger room, the separate shower being the clincher (see shower comment above).

The breakfast buffet, supplement €42, is very good. On offer is a wide selection of everything, nicely displayed. There is a choice of teas and a small Japanese food station.

The Excelsior is suited to tour groups; I imagine there are attractive package rates on offer. It's expensive for FIT travel (individuals) and should do more for this high end market, including breakfast in the room rate for starters. We enjoyed our stay, but given what we paid, expected more.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Noemi C, Westin Experience Specialist at The Westin Excelsior Florence, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Dear Stuart L,

Thank you for your useful feedback.

We loved the way you describe our Hotel!
We could actually be Norma Desmond, just with 800 years of charming stories to tell and lovely room to stay!
We have indentified the room where you stayed and thanks to your helpful comments, we will be ready, next time that you will visit us, to show you our improvement.

Whenever you will be planning to come back to Florence, please contact me before hand at noemi.chiara@westin.com , I will be delighted to assist you in everything you might need.

Be well,