“Charming hotel with tiny rooms”
Review of Gallery Hotel Art

Gallery Hotel Art
Ranked #40 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Let me start with the best aspect of the hotel - it is right off of Ponte Vecchio. I mean right off the bridge. Five minutes and you're at the Duomo. Really amazing location. Unfortunately the rooms are really small. May have been the smallest room i ever stayed in. Barely room to walk around the bed. Tiny bathroom. Very small elevator. Bed is very comfortable and all is clean and nice and breakfast is great. So as long as you don't plan to spend time in the room it is a good option. Note that this hotel is part of the Lungarno collection that has 4 hotels at least one of which is suites and i also heard from others in our group that their hotel was not as small but i did not see their rooms. Do some research before you decide which of the four to go to and i also don't know how their prices compare.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I was there for business but will definitely return with my girlfriend.
The rooms are all doubles with ample and spacious rooms, with a modern decor.
Just a few niggling issues for the business traveller that would not really have bothered me if I was on vacation: there is no mobile network inside The Hotel (although they have wifi), The restaurant offers hip and trendy fusion dishes and sushi - nice but I would have welcomed one "boring" dish after a long working day.
On the weekends it seems (the lounge restaurant) to be a meeting spot for so me of the trendy locals.
Staff at reception are very attentive and professional. I would definitely return to stay either on business or pleasure.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2012

i have stayed at this hotel many times being the first may be more than 10 years back
i loved the way the concept and hotel itself doesnt age at all
got a bigger room which i recomend even its higher price ,kids got normal room which is ok
love general feel and for the first time got breakfast due to an instant offer upon arrival which was perfect value
location is superb ,arrived by car and honesty dont know if i can recomend others to do so (beware ZTL zone,doesnt apply if you arrive on sunday) ,anyway valetparking service was perfect
all and all i love this hotel ,i also love the city so maybe i overrate everything

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Nice hotel in good location.I had a gallery room at the back that was very dark and rather small.The bathroom was a good size but the bath surround was badly stained.Breakfast was a bit of a disaster with long waits for coffee.The staff were friendly and helpful.Wouldn't bother to stay again as rather overpriced.

Room Tip: Try and avoid gallery rooms as very small.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dentist21
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Breakfast oké, beds good. Situated in the beautiful florence, (central situated)
hotel oké

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I had been to Florence before, so had some idea of where I wanted to stay. I stayed in the Savoy last time, but wouldn't rush back again. This trip I stayed in two hotels, both very good. As others will tell you in their reviews, this location is good. Yes it is close to Ponte Vecchio, but the bridge is a bit like Leicester Square or Piccadilly Circus - so not my favourite place - but some of the best restaurants are over the bridge (turn right) and I could just walk along to the Uffizi at 7.50am and not worry about pre-booking a ticket to get in.
Staff are very helpful. Off season(ish) meant that like others I got offered a reduced price for breakfast (although I prefer to get out and about so went round the corner to 'Isabelle' which had lovely coffee and pastry, so cannot comment on what breakfast is like in hotel). I managed to get a good deal on the price of the room on the internet. I was aware of this, so in my rating, I have to comment that value for money it was outstanding. They charge for drinking water in the room (a pet hate), but all in all if you are searching for a good hotel, then this is one of them. Go to the Continental roof terrace at some stage (part of same hotel chain and opposite the entrance, so can put drinks on room)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This hotel has a lot going for it, i.e. location and value BUT I just wanted to warn of two small issues. One, mosquitos. You are by the river so it might not be the hotel's fault (and I don't necessarily blame them or anyone), but they were a small bother 3 of the 5 nights.

The one BIG thing I was annoyed by was the hotel offering to book our tickets to the Accademia and the Uffizi. I presumed there would be a small fee involved, but it turned out to be at least $35, depending on the exhange rate. I thought this was WAY too much given that all I believe they did was make a phone call on our behalf. If I had known it would cost that, I could have made that phone call myself.

Other than that, this was a great hotel and I recommend it, as long as you are prepared that there MIGHT be mosquitos (again, could be any hotel by the river) and that you don't let them book tickets for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple