“One of the best places to stay in Firenze!”
Review of Gallery Hotel Art

Gallery Hotel Art
Ranked #40 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Chicago, Illinois
“One of the best places to stay in Firenze!”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. Rooms are huge, bathrooms are luxurious - definitely not your typical Italian hotel. Amenities are amazing, and service, location, etc. could not be better. The hotel is right on the Ponte Vecchio, walking distance to everything, and gorgeous views at night. All the Lungarno Hotels are amazing, so if you are going to Florence, stay at one of their hotels. The breakfast in the morning is delicious (croissants, dates and plums soaked in honey, coffee, etc). The staff was very friendly and helpful, and free wi-fi! I spent 3 nights in mid-May and had an unbelievable time. Only downside was that my room did not have a view -- but I was really only in the room to sleep so it didn't matter.

The hotel was truly a great find -- modern amenities but still in the heart of Firenze. Go next door to the Continentale to have drinks at the rooftop for great views of the Duomo.

I will definitely be staying at a Lungarno Hotel for my next trip to Firenze and recommend this hotel without a doubt to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sed15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Greenville, north Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We spent 4 nights in this hotel during our recent trip to Florence. The location is great... just around the corner from the Ponte Vecchio so easy access to restaurants and points of interest on both sides of the Arno River! Hotel staff very friendly and helpful! King size bed was very nice! Great breakfast buffet too. Good WiFi connections. There are other "sister hotels" in the area too that are very nice! Check out Lungarno hotels.
Rosanne
Greenvile, NC

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosanne D
upstate NY
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We just returned from a pleasant stay at the Gallery Art Hotel. If you are looking for a traditional European hotel, this might not be for you. The rooms we saw were on the small side, but rather comfortable. Our bathroom was larger than expected with double sinks. The breakfast was quite decent. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. The fusion bar was excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abarasol
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I wish I could recommend the Gallery Hotel Art, as it is located perfectly at the tip of Ponte Vecchio, the rooms are quiet with lovely linens and nice bathroom amenities, etc., but the horrific downfall of this hotel is that it has no security! On the third night of our stay, the front desk attendant gave our key to another guest. She entered our room at 11:30 pm! I screamed and called the front desk. They told me it was impossible, since we had the only key and they would look into it. No call back. The next morning, when I spoke to "PG", the manager, he admitted that yes, the front desk attendant did give another guest our key! This is unprofessional and unconscionable. It is 2012--give guests their own key with their own code. Or, ask the guest their name when they enter the hotel. The manager offered us a free night some time in the future, but we will NEVER return, and I suggest other Trip Advisor readers not patronize this hotel either.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Devo18
Federico C, Manager at Gallery Hotel Art, responded to this review, 7 April 2015
Dear Devo18,
it's been more than 2 years since you last reviewed our Gallery Hotel Art.
I would like to inform you that I recently took over the management team of Lungarno Collection for both Gallery and Continentale.
I would like to apologize once again for what happened that day on behalf of our hotel.
We would like to inform you that we worked hard to improve our service and many things have changed since then.
I sincerely hope you will have the time to let us impress you in a positive way and make you change your mind. Should you feel like you would like to come back to Italy, also year of Expo Milan 2015, please feel free to contact me and I would me more than delighted to address your request and honor what the previous Front of House Manager offered you.
Looking forward to hear back from you,
best regards
Federico
Rooms Division Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Just checked in to this hotel a few hours ago & find it marginal at best. Every square inch needs painted & the mold in bathtub shower is a big turnoff. Reception person was very nice & showed me an upgraded room but the area rug in the upgrade looked as dirty & stained as my current assigned room. Wouldn't take much to make the room refreshed, and the maid could certainly do better job cleaning. Many hotels in Florence are in an excellent location & are much better than this one. Ferragamo group needs to stick with fashion & leather goods, get out of hospitality. On the other hand, I cannot say enough good things about San Firenze Suites here in Florence, will return to it from now on. Only reason I give this hotel any credit is because their bed linens are very nice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank randknew
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, modern and in a great location. The room was clean, toiletries were nice, and there is a fun bar located in the hotel. The rooms are a big small....but this is to be expected in the area.

I would agree with the other reviewers that the service at the front desk was a little spotty. When my husband and I checked into the hotel, the introduction to the hotel and its amenities was very minimal. I'm not sure if this is because of a slight language barrier. However, we were not offered a map of the area or given information about the complimentary wifi offered at the hotel. The service was not bad, but not great. They were not rude...they just did not go out of their way to make sure we felt welcomed.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
MUMBAI
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Recently i stayed at this hote lfor four days Hotels was indeed very good Very good and helpful staff Rooms were also very good and clean and quite big bathroomswas to wer clean and decent except tub was little high ,very good toileteries Breakfast was excellent Best part of hotel is its very centraly located Very good for value of money I highly recomend this hotel to stay in Florence

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family