Torre di Bellosguardo
US$137
US$116
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$221
  • Pool
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
US$647
Orcagna Hotel(Florence)
All reviewsolive grovesoverlooking florenceswimming poolcentury towertuscan hillstower suitebreakfast terracewalk into towncab rideour honeymoonthe hotel offersold worldmodern hotelby footwonderful hotelpastriesvilla
Reviewed November 15, 2017

It was my third time at the Torre di Bellosguardo. As amazing as the place is I was disappointed by the quais inexistent service due to the very small staff at the property. There can be a feel of a ghost house as the bar is deserted and the staff is nowhere to be found. The breakfast as well is pretty disappointing in relation to the price of the room. So... the place, the location , the views are all incredible but the service is inexistent and the hotel feels deserted when you go out of the main season.
It is a great place to privatise for events though.

Room Tip: Room 5 and 6 have great views, room 1 is huge,has a lot of charm but tiny bathroom
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Belflorence, Owner at Torre di Bellosguardo, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately during low season the number of guests decreases and it is difficult to offer the same atmosphere as in the summer. In any case we retain most of our services and provide to all needs of our guests. We hope you will return to Bellosguardo and that your future experience will be more according to your expectations.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

'I stayed in Room No. 9 and did not want to leave. The morning winter sun poured in, it lit up a beautiful fresco close to the window. I heard the bells chime, the donkey bray and the deep low rumble of the city below.I smelt the gorgeous sweet smoke of burning autumn leaves and wallowed in my crisp white bedlinen refusing to pack. It is a wonderful place.
kate Walwyn

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Belflorence, Owner at Torre di Bellosguardo, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear Kate,
You know, that is YOUR room....We must organize a shuttle service between your abode and Bellosguardo in order to ensure a monthly return. So so happy you enjoyed your stay. It was wonderful seeing you again!

Reviewed October 29, 2017

I arrived in Bellosguardo by car and within 2 minutes I was welcomed by the receptionist, who offered to park the car. Great unexpected valet parking!
The view was amazing and couldn't resist a short walk around the property before checking in.
The room was great. 2 comfortable, well-made, large single beds. The heating was slightly on and it made our stay very cosy and snuggly.
Breakfast was very good. I particularly loved the pancakes warmed up in the toaster covered in maple syrup, which is unusual for Italian hotels, and the truffled cheese was a delicatessen. The magic moment of the day is getting up early and go to the prato grande to observe the breathtaking view of the haze slowly vanishing from Florence.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Belflorence, Owner at Torre di Bellosguardo, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Dear Guest,
Many heartfelt thanks for your kind review and for letting us know that you truly enjoyed your short experience of Bellosguardo. We hope you will return and that you will stay longer.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

I hope I communicate our passion for staying here because it was one of the most unforgettable experiences we had on our 17-day trip across Europe. The Torre di Bellasguardo is more than just a nice place to stay in Florence; it's a destination in its own right.

We arrived at 2 PM and were running on the last minute for our Vespa tour downtown. While my wife was quickly getting changed, I was in the lobby feeling a little nervous we wouldn't make it in time. My introduction to the Bellasguardo staff was the man at the front desk. He defused my tension by first calling me a taxi and making sure it would arrive in plenty of time - and then inviting me to see their pepper garden. I thought that was perfect.

Well we did catch our Vespa tour in time (in fact, we were the first to arrive!), and after 4 hours of touring the Tuscan countryside, we returned to the Bellasguardo to settle in for the night...at which point, we were shown to our room.

I knew it was going to be spacious and full of character based on the pictures we had seen from other travelers, but we were completely blown away. It wasn't just one room; it was a series of rooms. Our first room was a fully stocked library with a desk, chairs, a couch, an old fireplace, and warm lighting. I felt like I had been transported back to the 17th century. The bathroom was next, with its own custom antique door. And the bedroom was perfectly situated, facing the lights of Florence from atop the hill. I still can't believe some of the pictures we took that night.

The next morning we took stunning pictures of the sunrise, one of which I'm sure we'll end up framing.

After an early-start all-day tour in the city, we returned to the Bellasguardo in the afternoon for some relaxation time. With no agenda, we were free to really soak in the experience of the grounds, including the pool (with its own dedicated pool bar!) and the acres of gardens surrounding the hotel.

It's hard to overstate the quality of the memories we made here. We are already thinking of our next trip to Florence, and we will be staying at Torre di Bellasguardo.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Belflorence, Owner at Torre di Bellosguardo, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Dear Guest,
What a wonderful series of lovely impressions/experiences! You cannot imagine how happy you make us to know that you loved your stay and want to return. THANK YOU so very very much. Next time you come we will go over the top to spoil you even more.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Bellosguardo is something special. As a place to relax and wonder at the views over Florence it has no equal. Amerigo and Anna are immaculate hosts and the staff are always willing to oblige. It is not cheap, but the setting and the outlook are beyond price and every room has something special to offer. If you are looking for all the bells and whistles of a modern hotel, Bellosguardo is not your sort of place. If on the other hand you want to enjoy a unique mediaeval ambience that perfectly reflects the city over which it soars, and avoid the crowds that now make a stroll in Florence a waking nightmare, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view, but the gardens are also a joy to behold.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Belflorence, Owner at Torre di Bellosguardo, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Guest,
It was such a pleasure meeting and talking to you. It was a treat to see to what extent you understood and appreciated the character and atmosphere of Bellosguardo. Thank you so much for your review. Hurry back to our welcoming arms!