Open today: Closed
Skip-the-Line: Florence Duomo Tour with Brunelleschi's Dome Climb

Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore
29,113 results
All reviews bell tower beautiful cathedral worth the climb santa maria del fiore worth the wait awe inspiring long line skip the line dome duomo exterior architecture crypt campanile beauty mass ceiling
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2024

We were tipped off in advance of our trip to Florence that the cathedral is infinitely better from the outside than in. However, we decided to get up early and queue in order to go in as part of our Florence experience. As we reached the entrance, a good hour and a half in, the unfriendly and affixious male on the door told us that two of my daughters were not dressed appropriately. One had shorts on and another a skirt, both mid length. We had seen other people allowed in wearing similar length shorts and I told him to look at a lady who he had just let through wearing shorts. He refused to turn around and pointed at my girls to leave the queue. My youngest being a small 11 year old. The other people he let through were clearly Italian and I can only think my daughters were not allowed in through prejudice towards English tourists. It left a very bad taste in my mouth, upset my daughters and was an overall embarrassing and humiliating experience.

Reviewed April 6, 2024 via mobile

The church is astonishingly beautiful, and is one of the few famous churches in Italy that does not charge for entrance. Inside, it is certainly beautiful, but not as richly decorated as others in the city, since the appeal is, I believe, the grandiosity.

Reviewed April 4, 2024

After Baroque Rome, the interior of the Duomo is a bit underwhelming. Unless one is climbing the Dome, which books up months in advance, the exterior is worth the views, but the interior is skippable. It does, however, have outstanding acoustics, so it is amazing to hear High Mass or a concert.

Date of experience: March 2024
1  Thank tosl
Reviewed April 3, 2024 via mobile

One of the most important places to visit when in Florence, get a combination ticket for all the things to see, warning there is always a long slow queue for the tower even if you have a ticket.

1  Thank Coopper29
Reviewed March 24, 2024 via mobile

It is a wonderful church with astonishing architecture. It is the landmark of florence that you have to visit. There is a long queue to get in, and it is free. The interior is kind of disappointing. Inside the church is plain and doesn't match the wowo effect of the exterior.
I recommend getting a skip the line ticket with a tour to climb the dumo terrace and enjoy the viee

Date of experience: March 2024